- Sep 19, 2014
- Behind you !
- 3DS FC
SPOILER WARNING: IF YOU DON'T WANT THE RISKS TO GET SPOILED ABOUT POTENTIAL LEAK LEAVE THE THREAD!
Now that the warning here, let's get serious.
I decided to make this thread, a general support and discussion place, about the potential Square-Enix characters and to discuss their inclusion, moveset potential, rumours and such.
Why make this thread?
It's simple, I believe it's the best way, especially after the current event and potential Leak happening for the future of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, a neutral place, where everyone could talk about the potential candidate, without having to get in the "turff" of someone else. (Looking at you Geno Thread.)
Wait? Leaks? What are you Talking about?
- Exactly. Vergeben, important leaker for Smash Bros Ultimate, the same who leaked Ridley, Simon, Snake, Ice Climbers, No cuts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar Claimed ever since August that a Square-Enix characters was on it's way. Ever since then, we got more information.
- Hitagi, another persons with connection, also claim the existance of said Square-Enix characters and that People's job are on the line.
- Square-Enix is extremely warry of leaks, alongside being very Stingy, as such, multiple names have been running around as leakbaits or real choices, 7 potential candidates for that single spot to be exacts that might have been going for DLC Talk, those characters are
[*]Sora from Kingdom Hearts
[*]Geno from Super Mario RPG
Crono from Chrono Trigger
Erdrick / Luminary Heroes of Dragon Quest III/XI (It's not sure if Luminary is his own character, competing for a spot, or just the title given to Erdrick.)
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII
Slime from Dragon Quest
- Those names have been confirmed thanks to a leaked DM on GameFaqs and verified to be true. This list was floating around for a long while between insiders, leakers and such, even before the existence of said DM.
- In that DM, Vergeben says that he only Heard of Slime ONCE, that Sora wasn't in, and to not take Geno too Seriously, he also mention how Crono, Luminary/Erdrick and Sephiroth are the one he heard the most
- Fast forward later this year. xenother someone with ties to vergeben and supposedly information claim that Neither Sora or Geno are in either.
Here comes More Informations From a residents Member.
- Resident Member of Smashboard PolarPanda comes in, with verified information by multiple respected members that he have a Sources at Nintendo of America who heard Talks and rumours about Geno being a possible DLC but nothing since November 2. Once again pointing to a Square-Enix characters.
- Nintendo was VERY taken aback by the reception of Isaac as an AT and got hatemail and call, which really make them think about what AT truly means. But as of now, apparently no AT getting promoted for the Fighter Pass.
- Second wave of DLC is up in the air, but it's ABSOLUTELY not a given, the team want to focus mostly on the first 5 DLC characters before making a choice.
- Heard about the others SE names from others sources, APPARENTLY, most people with infoes seems to lend toward a Dragon Quest Characters.
- Insiders seems to throw biases when talking about Characters chances, like "Not taking Geno seriously" or such making it hard to say who's really deconfirmed
- Crono/DQ/Geno seems to be the most heard as of now.
- Unverified, and not sure, but so far, if Namco DLC there is, only Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia and Llyod Irving from Tales of Symphonia have been heard competing for that spot. However do not take it as granted as this information is just floating in the air, unlike the Square-Enix characters who seems almost guaranteed.
But DLC Characters choices were done back in Novembers! No way we could have infoes on them!!
DLC negociation, ESPECIALLY for third parties takes months, even sometimes A YEAR. And if the rumour that Square-Enix are as stingy as they are, Nintendo probably went to make talks early for any Third Parties addition. Especially knowing that Vergeben made it public as far as August 2018, who knows for how long before he heard about it the talks were on going.
Why a thread for Multiple characters?! Why not talk about it in their characters support threads?!
Because to put it frankly. People are biased. But even more in a Support thread. If you asks if Sora have chances in the Sora thread? Well YES! HE DOES! MORE THAN ANYONE!
Geno? OF COURSE HE DOES! MORE THAN ANYONE!
For that matters, and debate about who it might be, it should be best to have it in a separate place, away from the safe-space, or bubble that are support threads. Without disturbing their peaceful talks, and without ruining their hopes or talk their characters down.
-Hopefully this thread break no rules, but if it does. I hope the Moderation Staff could look over it. Just for the time being, to not disturb any other Support thread of a single characters.
-If I ever made any missinformation, or missed something, please @me and I'll fix it.
-I'll make my best to Update this post with any infos I can find