• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wow you guys been busy. Did I miss anything?

I at least saw that PolarPanda PolarPanda talked about the height. I think it's likely that the character model could be about ness' height from that, but I'd still like to know more than just the character values brought up, because we've only seen it for a few characters.

But wouldn't that go against what some leakers are saying about Erdrick? Someone fact check what we have heard, because something feels off.
Might be funny but it's possible that 'brave' isn't the DQ character at all :p That or lots of leakers trusted a source that was wrong. I'll say that Doomguy aint coming to smash, that one is just ridiculous.

The other possibility is that they just gave the character a temporary height value, and seeing as how bowser may be twice that size, 13 may just be safe default value. They copy pasted joker's landing frame data, so things are still open. But even if it's a short character at the very least it might give some hope for geno fans. (really not good to 'expect' any particular character tho)

I wish I had the confidence to believe Erdrick is a 100% likely at this point.
I would be incapable of feeling any other emotion other than absolute bliss for who knows how long.
I've really grown to the idea of erdrick (which is why i changed my avatar :p), so I think it'd be great, but we really dont know at this point. We can dream :)_
It'll be really cool to see what actually comes up (hopefully in a direct)

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Alright in the source gaming discord Mizumi did some tests, changing the "height" parameter doesn't seem to effect the model at all.
View attachment 186959
This is with both characters set to 15.
I don't think height is super important, it seems to be for something we don't know about.
Hmmm. That does raise the question then. If plugging in other stats changed other things, why doesn't the height paramter change anything when plugged in? Perhaps the height parameter really isn't something that we can use to zero in on candidates. Thank god though, if it at least lessens the chance of Chibi Erdrick.
I wish I had the confidence to believe Erdrick is a 100% likely at this point.
I would be incapable of feeling any other emotion other than absolute bliss for who knows how long.
Be careful what you wish for. The emotional blowback you'd get if he's deconfirmed would hurt you all the more.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmmm. That does raise the question then. If plugging in other stats changed other things, why doesn't the height paramter change anything when plugged in? Perhaps the height parameter really isn't something that we can use to zero in on candidates. Thank god though, if it at least lessens the chance of Chibi Erdrick.

Be careful what you wish for. The emotional blowback you'd get if he's deconfirmed would hurt you all the more.
Well I think people might be back with the small height idea now. There's more chance for it anyway.
The height value does change the height in game; the ike and falcon stuff was about that. It just doesnt seem to change much. Or maybe it depends on the model.

Still up in the air since lots could change.

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
after watching some youtube videos it's currently Erdrick vs Sora vs Geno who are the most talked about when it comes to the next DLC reveal,
most people think it will be 1 of those 3, i hope it's gonna be Sora! :D

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
after watching some youtube videos it's currently Erdrick vs Sora vs Geno who are the most talked about when it comes to the next DLC reveal,
most people think it will be 1 of those 3, i hope it's gonna be Sora! :D
Now, height values are up in the air, but being floaty and the lack of a quick jab motion does lend credence to the idea of it being any of them, Sephiroth, Phoenix Wright, countless Square or non-Square reps, etc.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Were height values plugged in, and resulted with a notably visual change?
Yes, like it changed Ike to be shorter. But it only did a bit.
But now we're back to that the height value itself still might reflect how tall the character models are, but changing the value doesn't do much.

So, 'brave' might be a short character. Or it's too early to tell.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Were height values plugged in, and resulted with a notably visual change?
I think like fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov has suggested, there are two values that need to be changed (height and scale) and just changing height by itself won't do everything.

The other side is that the guy posting the picture of Ike and Lucina has been apparently working with some bad data concerning the heights.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Yes, like it changed Ike to be shorter. But it only did a bit.
yet, apparently it did nothing for Ridley and Pichu.
But now we're back to that the height value itself still might reflect how tall the character models are, but changing the value doesn't do much.
If it were the overall area of the model's box, then those height values and what they change could've made more sense to an extent.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Well I think people might be back with the small height idea now. There's more chance for it anyway.
The height value does change the height in game; the ike and falcon stuff was about that. It just doesnt seem to change much. Or maybe it depends on the model.

Still up in the air since lots could change.
Well, there are several Spirit battles where the opposing character(s) have non-default height or size without the game actually treating them as "giant" or "tiny"; for instance, the Robin you fight for Balder's Spirit battle is somewhat taller than Robin normally is. So, I would presume that the height stat you're mentioning is a modifier to the size of the character's model, and much like other character attributes, the game occasionally tweaks it for certain Spirit battles.

D

Deleted member

I think like fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov has suggested, there are two values that need to be changed (height and scale) and just changing height by itself won't do everything.

The other side is that the guy posting the picture of Ike and Lucina has been apparently working with some bad data concerning the heights.
He seems to have added many parameters to Ike including scale so that could explain why he got shorter. If Ike's scale is bigger than .96 that is.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
yet, apparently it did nothing for Ridley and Pichu.

If it were the overall area of the model's box, then those height values and what they change could've made more sense to an extent.
Well, there are several Spirit battles where the opposing character(s) have non-default height or size without the game actually treating them as "giant" or "tiny"; for instance, the Robin you fight for Balder's Spirit battle is somewhat taller than Robin normally is. So, I would presume that the height stat you're mentioning is a modifier to the size of the character's model, and much like other character attributes, the game occasionally tweaks it for certain Spirit battles.
Well going by what was said, the height value itself doesn't change much. So people basing themselves on it for the height of the brave character should at least know that. But if it's like panda is saying and the value still are accurate of how tall the character models are, like mostly for calculations, then brave might be short-ish.

He seems to have added many parameters to Ike including scale so that could explain why he got shorter. If Ike's scale is bigger than .96 that is.
Umm. Why do you say that? All they said is that they changed the height. Did they say they changed the scale somewhere?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well going by what was said, the height value itself doesn't change much. So people basing themselves on it for the height of the brave character should at least know that. But if it's like panda is saying and the value still are accurate of how tall the character models are, like mostly for calculations, then brave might be short-ish.
We still haven't covered Bowser's height parameters being bigger than Ridley's though.
Umm. Why do you say that? All they said is that they changed the height. Did they say they changed the scale somewhere?
I think he's referring to when Mizumi tweeted that there was a data mess up.

D

Deleted member

There was a photo were the dataminer put the brave stats to Ike and compared him and Lucina noticing that Ike was shorter but not so much. If the scale attribute was applied as well, that could have made the height change rather than the height attribute.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
There was a photo were the dataminer put the brave stats to Ike and compared him and Lucina noticing that Ike was shorter but not so much. If the scale attribute was applied as well, that could have made the height change rather than the height attribute.
Perhaps the 0.96 is a scaling percentile then? Do we have anything on the numbers of Brave's scale versus that of other characters?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, but they only talked about height, not the scale.
Anyway, gotta go.

Maybe there'll be more info later. For now, it's hard to pinpoint a character. The codename would fit more erdrick, but not the height, if it applies.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps the 0.96 is a scaling percentile then? Do we have anything on the numbers of Brave's scale versus that of other characters?
Yeah, but they only talked about height, not the scale.
Anyway, gotta go.

Maybe there'll be more info later. For now, it's hard to pinpoint a character. The codename would fit more erdrick, but not the height, if it applies.
If I remember at that time the scale was not being considered and the guy just said he applied brave stats to Ike which probably included scale, height probably didnt change Ike's size but scale did.

If we had Ike's scale we could have an idea at least, and as long as it is bigger than .96 it would explain the size change in that situation.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
And what about Bowser being "taller" than Ridley?

Funnily enough, back during the Grinch leak, people were claiming Occam's Razor in favor of said leak being real. You may be heading down a similar path here.

Then again, Joker and the lack of Metroid at the 2018 VGA, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the leakers can get spectauraly bamboozled. I'd say people are well within rights to have their doubts.
I typed up some stuff that I sent to my friends the other night explaining how the height stat works, or rather, how it measures a character's height. Needless to say without reposting it all here, Ridley's height being equal to Falcon's actually has some logic behind it. If you stand Ridley side by side to Falcon, Falcon is just slightly taller than Ridley's eyes/face, and is a head's size taller than Ridley's shoulder. Ridley's weirdly-shaped head and wings are the only reason he appears so tall. his actual facial features end at the height of Falcon. This is similar to how Isabelle's BODY is the exact same height as Toon Link, and is why they share the same height stat, despite her hair being really tall and reaching up to Mario's height. Basically, the height stat accurately reflects the height of a character's main body/face. Things such as a held up hair bun or wings aren't included. These are really the only two outliers that require an understanding, all other height stats are completely understandable just by looking.

Calane

Smash Ace
Alright, after reading the posts Xenother made earlier and taking into account what Tansut said among other things, I'm pretty convinced that Erdrick may be coming, but he's not gonna be "Brave". Tansut did say that Erdrick wasn't very far along, so perhaps he'll show up as the third or fourth DLC character. Hopefully...

I doubt "Kid Erdrick" (as people are calling that design around here) will be the version they go with for Smash. There's no female version of that design, and I highly doubt they're going to make Luminary look like his in-game model from the 3DS version of DQ11. That just doesn't make much sense in my mind.

As of now, I'm of the belief that "Brave" is probably some other character, and it isn't the rumored SE rep at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, after reading the posts Xenother made earlier and taking into account what Tansut said among other things, I'm pretty convinced that Erdrick may be coming, but he's not gonna be "Brave". Tansut did say that Erdrick wasn't very far along, so perhaps he'll show up as the third or fourth DLC character.

I doubt "Kid Erdrick" (as people are calling that design around here) will be the version they go with for Smash. There's no female version of that design, and I highly doubt they're going to make Luminary look like his in-game model from the 3DS version of DQ11. That just doesn't make much sense in my mind.

As of now, I'm of the belief that "Brave" is probably some other character, and it isn't the rumored SE rep at all.
Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat here. I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet but for now we just gotta wait and see.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I typed up some stuff that I sent to my friends the other night explaining how the height stat works, or rather, how it measures a character's height. Needless to say without reposting it all here, Ridley's height being equal to Falcon's actually has some logic behind it. If you stand Ridley side by side to Falcon, Falcon is just slightly taller than Ridley's eyes/face, and is a head's size taller than Ridley's shoulder. Ridley's weirdly-shaped head and wings are the only reason he appears so tall. his actual facial features end at the height of Falcon. This is similar to how Isabelle's BODY is the exact same height as Toon Link, and is why they share the same height stat, despite her hair being really tall and reaching up to Mario's height. Basically, the height stat accurately reflects the height of a character's main body/face. Things such as a held up hair bun or wings aren't included. These are really the only two outliers that require an understanding, all other height stats are completely understandable just by looking.
If my TLDR is right, then height is referring to the distance their face is from the ground. I'm hereby dubbing it Face-ground distance.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So what do you guys think are we getting a direct tomorrow
If we are getting something tomorrow, it's a "surprise" mini direct at this point. If it is a mini direct, I'm not expecting a character reveal. Just Piranah Plant release date, and maybe that some character Mii Costumes are coming back, I'm not even expecting Joker gameplay which saddens me. I want to see him in action already!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If we are getting something tomorrow, it's a "surprise" mini direct at this point. If it is a mini direct, I'm not expecting a character reveal. Just Piranah Plant release date, and maybe that some character Mii Costumes are coming back, I'm not even expecting Joker gameplay which saddens me. I want to see him in action already!
I hope Joker gets Mii Costumes for some of the other phantom thieves. At least Morgana, Ann, and Ryuji. Though I could see them also doing Futaba because of her popularity.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I hope Joker gets Mii Costumes for some of the other phantom thieves. At least Morgana, Ann, and Ryuji. Though I could see them also doing Futaba because of her popularity.
I think Makoto is also likely, as her combat style matches up with brawler and she is also very popular.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm betting all on Morgana for sure. Futaba could be… an AT maybe? considering she… well… assists mostly.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So what do you guys think are we getting a direct tomorrow
Right now, I don't think we are getting a direct this month period. However, I do believe early February. Unless Nintendo and Intelligent System has delayed Fire Emblem Three Houses yet again (it was supposed to be released last year before shifting release date to spring this year)they need to have a direct soon, kicking off the hype machine for that game. Some FE fans have started to joke about that the trailer at E3 was just a prank at this point.
I've heard that "Brave" was implied to be a zoner, can someone explain that to me?
Characters like Bellmonts, Links, Snake. Characters that uses attacks that forces people to approach instead of being someone like Incineroar that wants to be the one that approaches (to make it short) Edit - You can read about it here https://supersmashbros.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Archetypes

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I've heard that "Brave" was implied to be a zoner, can someone explain that to me?
Fatmanonice can explain this better than I can, but the general gist of it is that a lot of Brave stats line up with those of zoners like PAC-Man, and conversely don’t really align with the stats of any of the different swordfighters in Ultimate.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Based on aerial landing lag data, but the aerial landing lag data is placeholder so it's irrelevant at the moment.
No, it was more than just the landing lag data (that is also shared by Jack a.k.a Joker, therefore yes, placeholder). There were multiple different stats that hinted towards that. Again, Fatman would be able to best explain it, though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Fatmanonice can explain this better than I can, but the general gist of it is that a lot of Brave stats line up with those of zoners like PAC-Man, and conversely don’t really align with the stats of any of the different swordfighters in Ultimate.
It's mostly assumptions, really, there's not a set of stats that are unique to zoners. They're very much scattered all over. It really depends what kind of character it is. We at least know it's not a floaty.

I kind of doubt it'd be a slime with that weight too, unless it's a slime knight, but i doubt they'd put it over regular slime.

D

Deleted member

Haven’t posted here for a hot minute. Or week.
So is it still generally agreed to probably be Erdrick or has something else popped up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Haven’t posted here for a hot minute. Or week.
So is it still generally agreed to probably be Erdrick or has something else popped up?
Right now, I'd say it's back to being unknown. If you read back through the last pages you might see why (regarding the height and all)

ZelDan

Smash Master
Right now, I'd say it's back to being unknown. If you read back through the last pages you might see why (regarding the height and all)
I think Erdrick is still most likely, just maybe not by quite as much due to how the stats dug up about "brave" puts thing in question.

D

Deleted member

Man this stuff is a tad confusing.
So the height stat shows how tall a character is from their feet to their eyes but not anything above? That would suggest either kid erdrick or no erdrick.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Man this stuff is a tad confusing.
So the height stat shows how tall a character is from their feet to their eyes but not anything above? That would suggest either kid erdrick or no erdrick.
Pretty much. Someone around Ness' height. But piranha plant had stats that weren't good at all before closer to release. So it's also possible that it's just a default value or something.

I think Erdrick is still most likely, just maybe not by quite as much due to how the stats dug up about "brave" puts thing in question.
Yeah overall it may still be the best bet, and at the very least it's interesting because now people can't be too sure about it. We can be surprised one way or another :p

D

Deleted member

The eyes to feet distance seems plausible but still doesnt convince me 100% honestly, some characters end up with really strange measure then considering the artstyle and that it doesnt explain Bowser being 33% bigger than Ridley. Unless we have a way to verify it, I doubt its a value that we can say it doesnt change too much.

Top Bottom