• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Actually the biggest reason most of these sources were claiming Erdrick was indeed simply the name "Brave" which was cited as a crucial piece of evidence that couldn't be revealed.

Now that this is out in the open, only a very few, select leakers have stated it to be Erdrick for reasons beyond Brave. They haven't given their reasons as well.

I want to note that I believe it's Erdrick, but the situation is not what you seem to think here. I get what you're saying tho.
Um what? Most leakers that have thrown in on Erdrick have literally nothing to do with Brave. Tansut didn't, Verge didn't, Xenother didn't, if anything it was the 5chan leak that made them go all in on Erdrick not the Brave thing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Um what? Most leakers that have thrown in on Erdrick have literally nothing to do with Brave. Tansut didn't, Verge didn't, Xenother didn't, if anything it was the 5chan leak that made them go all in on Erdrick not the Brave thing.
Verge: has not thrown in on Erdrick, that is misinfo
Xenother: One leaker, don't know much on his belief regarding Erdrick
Tansut: Was who I was implying by leakers that believe it for reasons beyond the codename
The 5chan leak and Brave are the essential components here.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Verge: has not thrown in on Erdrick, that is misinfo
Xenother: One leaker, don't know much on his belief regarding Erdrick
Tansut: Was who I was implying by leakers that believe it for reasons beyond the codename
The 5chan leak and Brave are the essential components here.
But all of these leakers mentioned threw in on Erdrick before the Brave codename was discovered which was my point. Verge may not have thrown in yet but he's been talking about DQ for months.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
It very well could be Erdrick, it is just a closer race now. He is still probably the 'favorite' in his kid version.
Of the first 15 google search results, 10 of them are for adult Erdrick, including the 1st and 2nd results.

If he was the favorite, why is the search volume for images of his adult form that much higher?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But all of these leakers mentioned threw in on Erdrick before the Brave codename was discovered which was my point. Verge may not have thrown in yet but he's been talking about DQ for months.
Verge has a personal enjoyment of DQ.
They haven't thrown in. This is a little misleading. Erdrick has been a name hovering around due to his presence on the Squenix 7 list and because of the codename Brave.

Calane

Smash Ace
It very well could be Erdrick, it is just a closer race now. He is still probably the 'favorite' in his kid version.
Eh, I'm not expecting it to be Erdrick anymore. I'm personally expecting it to be Geno or some other character now.

I just wish the insiders didn't get my hopes up for something they weren't entirely sure about. It kind of sucks, honestly.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
History does repeat itself. You are not wrong.

That doesn't mean it always does however. Sometimes things change.

Expecting the same out of every scenario or thinking you have it all figured out is how people end up shocked like that Pikachu meme when they should've probably been a little more open to possibilities and the likelyhood of the opposite happening in the first place.
Expecting things to change isn't too smart either. See Joe Merrick (Serebii for those who know him better), the guy constantly calls rumours fake and almost always wins (he even latched on to denying the Grinch hoax with no insider info). The time it failed him though? Turned into a laughingstock at /vp/ for it. But after that, there hasn't been a single instance where he's been wrong on rumours, even when people bring the Alola starters controversy to debunk him.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
They haven't thrown in. This is a little misleading. Erdrick has been a name hovering around due to his presence on the Squenix 7 list and because of the codename Brave.
The only thing misleading was Verge. Xenother and Tansut both stated it was Erdrick before the Brave codename was even discovered.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The only thing misleading was Verge. Xenother and Tansut both stated it was Erdrick before the Brave codename was even discovered.
Brave was discovered around the first week of release, yes? And Tansut only commented on Erdrick when the 5chan leak was dropped.
That really just leaves Xenother and I don't think he's stated it wasn't Brave making him think it was Erdrick, no?
It's all been a confusing timeline, sorry.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact Brave so obviously fits Erdrick is wonky to me in the first place.

If we knew NOTHING of Joker.

Jack would not be an obvious codename for him. There'd be a little mental hoops to get to him.

So something tells me Sakurai and the team aren't picking code names in an ''obvious" manner.

Unless they just like me believe Brave is far too subjective as an adjective that people won't think of it when it comes to Erdrick and I argue most people probably wouldn't if Erdrick wasn't already a ''name" constructed by leakers and their info.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Brave was discovered around the first week of release, yes? And Tansut only commented on Erdrick when the 5chan leak was dropped.
That really just leaves Xenother and I don't think he's stated it wasn't Brave making him think it was Erdrick, no?
You're good. I'm not sure if Xenother was aware of the codename or not but polarpanda himself stated that it was the 5chan leak that made him make the post.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Of the first 15 google search results, 10 of them are for adult Erdrick, including the 1st and 2nd results.

If he was the favorite, why is the search volume for images of his adult form that much higher?
Uh, I mean I think the stats line up with the kid version of Erdrick a lot more. I am kinda describing what I think the mood in the thread is more than my own opinion though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Expecting things to change isn't too smart either. See Joe Merrick (Serebii for those who know him better), the guy constantly calls rumours fake and almost always wins (he even latched on to denying the Grinch hoax with no insider info). The time it failed him though? Turned into a laughingstock at /vp/ for it. But after that, there hasn't been a single instance where he's been wrong on rumours, even when people bring the Alola starters controversy to debunk him.
If viewing the world and everything in it as 100 percent certain and not being subjective and open to the opposite in any given scenario isn't smart.

Then I'll just happily be dumb.

-Coco-

Smash Ace

This isn't a very good argument considering we didn't even use his old design for our release of DW3 and google search algorithms are weird. The NES version being the best selling and most impactful is a better argument imo.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
If viewing the world and everything in it as 100 percent certain and not being subjective and open to the opposite in any given scenario isn't smart.
Well, you don't give the impression of someone "open" more than someone leaning into a side like many in this thread are (which is subjective).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, you don't give the impression of someone "open" more than someone leaning into a side like many in this thread are (which is subjective).
Oh lord.

If you think I'm not open. I don't think you've seen me post a lot.

Half of my posts consist of arguing both sides of the matter.

I'm never 100 percent certain of anything and I think a lot of people can back me up on that just from some of the names in this thread alone.

I'm very much known for never going 100 percent all in one anything, and respectfully arguing both sides of the matter.

I'm essentially one of the biggest open possibilities users on this very forum.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Oh lord.

If you think I'm not open. I don't think you've seen me post a lot.

Half of my posts consist of arguing both sides of the matter.

I'm never 100 percent certain of anything and I think a lot of people can back me up on that just from some of the names in this thread alone.

I'm very much known for never going 100 percent all in one anything, and respectfully arguing both sides of the matter.

I'm essentially one of the biggest open possibilities users on this very forum.
Well, that seems to clarify things. Thanks.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I remember Xenother coming out on gamefaqs on the certainty of Erdrick the day after some website reported a leak about the details of the Joker fighter. That same leak also said Erdrick was coming.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm not expecting it to be Erdrick anymore. I'm personally expecting it to be Geno or some other character now.

I just wish the insiders didn't get my hopes up for something they weren't entirely sure about. It kind of sucks, honestly.
Wait what, Erdrick is still the most likely, even if it's in his Chibi Form.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How likely Slime is to be "Brave"? He's a personal favorite of mine, and seeing him in the pool makes me curious.
Slime does have a decent shot of being Brave, but overall Erdrick seems to be the likeliest to most people here.

And since you asked for a basic breakdown:

The datamine had stat values for 3 different DLC characters:
Packu (Piranha Plant)
Jack (most likely Joker)
Brave

Brave is associated w/ Erdrick, since the literal translation of Hero (or Yuusha) in Japanese is Brave.

And now we have a size to go by, Erdrick (specifically Kid Erdrick) could fit the height value given.

This plus a lot of leakers leaning towards him is why people see him as the frontrunner.

But at this point, it’s still anyone’s guess. Nothing is set in stone just yet.

That’s the very basic rundown of 200 pages worth of speculation.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Verge didn't start playing DQ until after he heard the rumors cause int interested him.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Not a tease, not a joke. I joked previously in this thread? I know I'm a funny *** *****, but I don't just type jokes.

This was just an observation.

Nintendo could use Smash to promote Wonderful 101 and try to make it more of a hit IP if they wanted. They'd also sort of fit the code name, stats, and what not.
Now that I think about it, that fits really well. Brave or hero fits them to a T and they're like mini people. That would be ****ing awesome if it happens. Another BTFO moment for the leaker crowd too. Just as big a twist as Joker I bet.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
What's happening here?
Debating on who the Brave character ends up being.

And if you need a basic breakdown of what’s been going on:
Slime does have a decent shot of being Brave, but overall Erdrick seems to be the likeliest to most people here.

And since you asked for a basic breakdown:

The datamine had stat values for 3 different DLC characters:
Packu (Piranha Plant)
Jack (most likely Joker)
Brave

Brave is associated w/ Erdrick, since the literal translation of Hero (or Yuusha) in Japanese is Brave.

And now we have a size to go by, Erdrick (specifically Kid Erdrick) could fit the height value given.

This plus a lot of leakers leaning towards him is why people see him as the frontrunner.

But at this point, it’s still anyone’s guess. Nothing is set in stone just yet.

That’s the very basic rundown of 200 pages worth of speculation.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
What's happening here?
It is worth noting, however, that there is a very real chance that Brave is very much Erdrick, primarily due to the fact that Brave is oddly floaty, and has a very long turning time when they run, as if they were slippery or floating.

Their stats very much line up with the zoners, actually, as opposed to a Swordfighter.

Something's up, at least.

That is false information taken from Mizumi, actually.

Captain Falcon's height is 18, and Luigi's is 15.

Also, it has been confirmed that changing the height value does not actually change the height of the model.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do you know where I can get this info on all characters?

While I personally think Erdrick could fit the rest of the parameters of "brave", the height part is still weird.
Unless you know how to datamine, the most you're going to get is a youtube video of all the characters lined up and measured by their units.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Not at all, I completly see Sakurai choosing Kid Erdrick over the "Normal" one.
Well if the other leaks are true about Erdrick having skins of Anlucia and Luminary, then I don't see Kid Erdrick in. And it makes me think the other stats could fit, as Erdrick in DQIII is very balanced stat-wise.

xenother

Smash Apprentice
I first mentioned Erdrick to Vergeben in November and there are screenshots to prove it. Verge and I found out about 'Brave' in late December.

I've spoken to Tansut about Erdrick a few times. The day he posted about Erdrick was the day he heard about Erdrick from his source. It had nothing to do with any other leak.

xenother

Smash Apprentice
You're good. I'm not sure if Xenother was aware of the codename or not but polarpanda himself stated that it was the 5chan leak that made him make the post.
I actually thought that the 5chan post was fake at first.

I'd known about Erdrick with certainty 10 days before that 5chan leak surfaced. I'd been waiting to hear whether the info I had about alt skins was true before posting publicly. That leak kind of forced my hand because I knew that no matter what I did, it would be seen as 'jumping on the bandwagon' at that point.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

I'd known about Erdrick with certainty 10 days before that 5chan leak surfaced. I'd been waiting to hear whether the info I had about alt skins was true before posting publicly. That leak kind of forced my hand because I knew that no matter what I did, it would be seen as 'jumping on the bandwagon' at that point.
I remember calling you out on that on GFAQs.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Did your source ever confirm or deny the alt skins?

Top Bottom