• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

In a crazy turn of events if it's either one of Kamiya's superhero characters. Viewtiful Joe or Wonder Red.

Wasn't there a tease of Wonderful 101 coming to Switch and we've yet to see an announcement?
Can't tell if this is a continuation of your previous Joke or you're legit serious..

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
One common misconception I've seen about the Famicom artwork for Erdrick is that it's actually a younger version of him - it's not, he's 16 from start to end of the game. It's simply just a difference in art styles.
Probably not that big of a deal but I have seen some arguments from some people that use his age as to why they wouldn't use the chibi design.
I think the reason people see him as younger is that classic Erdrcik looks like the young characters from Dragon Ball, while the more modern Erdrcik is similar to those same kid characters as adults in DBZ.

D

Deleted member

In a crazy turn of events if it's either one of Kamiya's superhero characters. Viewtiful Joe or Wonder Red.

Wasn't there a tease of Wonderful 101 coming to Switch and we've yet to see an announcement?
They would certainly fit in the size if the measure is correct. Didnt Kamiya made a poll recently about it as well?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can't tell if this is a continuation of your previous Joke or you're legit serious..
Do NOT tease me okay?
Not a tease, not a joke. I joked previously in this thread? I know I'm a funny ass *****, but I don't just type jokes.

This was just an observation.

Nintendo could use Smash to promote Wonderful 101 and try to make it more of a hit IP if they wanted. They'd also sort of fit the code name, stats, and what not.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Looking back on the past few pages I missed, and I've come to appreciate how this thread alternates between being ****post central, a breeding ground for leaks and speculation, and a ****ing warzone.
I've been thinking and I've narrowed it down to about 5/6 characters Brave could be, and I don't really think it would be anyone else.

These are NOT in any particular order.
  1. Geno - the stats match, but the presence of their spirit still gives me a bit of pause. We'll see - the possibility is still very much on the table. Not sure about the "Brave" connection though.
  2. Frisk/Sans - Both Frisk and Sans are quite short, and could potentially fit the stats of Brave. Bravery's also one of the soul attributes in Undertale.
  3. Mike Jones - I've talked about why it could very well be Mike previously. As for why he's so short here, maybe he's based off of his actual in-game sprite like ice climbers?
  4. Ninten - Fitting all three of the MOTHER protagonists having the same height, but there being a Ninten spirit and absolutely no Porky or Giygas anywhere makes me highly doubt this.
  5. Slime - I'm like 85% sure at this point that Brave is not Erdrick, and the only other character that has a real chance of being a Square rep that IS small enough and fits the stats is Slime.
There may be a couple I'm not thinking of, though, that are still viable contenders.
Your Mike Jones theory is crazy in the best way possible.
Dunno why his name is striked, looks brave enough to write this little gem:
You can't post this without mentioning the aweinspiring musical version:
https://youtu.be/NsZMbs5PC64 (explicit language warning, of course)

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
They would certainly fit in the size if the measure is correct. Didnt Kamiya made a poll recently about it as well?
Yeah, though it's worth noting that Dante won, followed by Amaterasu in second.

Actually, Brave COULD be Amaterasu.....
It'd explain their weight being so high for their height - they're a dog, so they're much longer than they are tall.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As much as I want this to be a thing, Wonder-Red is easily one of my most wanted and my most wanted first party, Japan uses the word "Hīrō" more often in reference to super heroes.
It could still be an injoke but Red is nowhere near likely for us to fit him into this puzzle.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, though it's worth noting that Dante won, followed by Amaterasu in second.

Actually, Brave COULD be Amaterasu.....
It'd explain their weight being so high for their height - they're a dog, so they're much longer than they are tall.
Whats the size of Duck Hunt btw, Ammy could fit as well depending on DH measurements.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As much as I want this to be a thing, Wonder-Red is easily one of my most wanted and my most wanted first party, Japan uses the word "Hīrō" more often in reference to super heroes.
It could still be an injoke but Red is nowhere near likely for us to fit him into this puzzle.
Look, I'd rather bring up possibilities than the constant ''I'M GOING TO JAM ERDRICK INTO THIS PUZZLE EVEN IF HE MIGHT NOT FIT IT IF IT KILLS ME." that seems to be going on.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whats the size of Duck Hunt btw, Ammy could fit as well depending on DH measurements.
Oh god, if Ammy did get in, imagine the jokes to be made related to DH. Specifically...
I guess we now know who the father of Chibiterasu is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look, I'd rather bring up possibilities than the constant ''I'M GOING TO JAM ERDRICK INTO THIS PUZZLE EVEN IF HE MIGHT NOT FIT IT IF IT KILLS ME." that seems to be going on.
Erdrick fits the most out of any character considering the list, insiders and the Japanese word for Brave.
People are way too fixated on stats and this whole pre release cycle has shown me that this community has collective tunnel vision, focusing in one piece of "evidence" that amounts to nothing in the end.

D

Deleted member

Oh god, if Ammy did get in, imagine the jokes to be made releted to DH. Specifically...
I guess we now know who the father of Chibiterasu is.
I would think she would be up more to Wolf's alley but thats just me.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would think she would be up more to Wolf's alley but thats just me.
Well, considering how both Ammy and Chibi often have people ride on their back, it's not as unlikely as you would think.

Edit: Also, Wolf and Ammy getting together is kinda weird to me. Maybe it is the fact that Wolf is humanoid, or perhaps that Chibi is way too cute and pure to be his kid.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Making the comparison isn't too smart for me, but I'm pretty sure Amaterasu is (or should be) a lot taller than Duck Hunt, considering that character is among the smallest in the Smash cast:
Now, how does Ammy compare? Well, next in MvC3, she's clearly among the smallest too:

But then again, some characters (like Wolverine in the pic) take stances that make them look smaller than they actually are. But in comparison, she's a lot bigger than Duck Hunt.

D

Deleted member

Well, considering how both Ammy and Chibi often have people ride on their back, it's not as crazy as you would think.
Thats true haha, need to replay it sometime. By the way...

Wasnt there a funpost from 4chan with fake info indicating a brown disc texture or something like that attached to the brave? Would be funny if it ended up being real considering Amy's disc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Erdrick fits the most out of any character considering the list, insiders and the Japanese word for Brave.
People are way too fixated on stats and this whole pre release cycle has shown me that this community has collective tunnel vision, focusing in one piece of "evidence" that amounts to nothing in the end.
You literally just described the opposite of tunnel vision.

Tunnel vision is focusing down one thing and only one thing.

Opening Brave up to multiple possibilities and not trying to fit Erdrick at any means necessary?

That's not tunnel vision.

Tunnel vision however is? The constantly changing landscape of the scenario and mystery at hand and no matter what happens you have people going with no doubt in their heads that it's Erdrick because the word of leakers mostly and nothing else.

It was Erdrick when you guys thought this character was going to be a straight up swordsman.

It was Erdrick when you guys thought this character was going to be a zoner.

It suddenly became Chibi Erdrick (and it was always sooooo obvious that Sakurai would use this look btw) when you guys saw the stats might not fit the more recognizable Bigger Erdrick model.

If anyone has tunnel vision. It's the 100 percent certain Erdrick people, because all you're focusing on is shoving him into an almost finished puzzle at any means necessary just because ''The leakers say so." and ''But the codename!"

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Though I do not have the actual stats with me, DH's height should be 12, since the height difference between them and Ness is about the same as the height difference between Ness and Mario, whose heights are 13 and 14, respectively.

Amaterasu, being a wolf as opposed to a dog, would likely be slightly taller at the shoulder than Duck Hunt, so this would make sense.

Also, in the Mike Jones department, if they literally gave him the Ice Climbers treatment and adapted his in-game sprite for his model, then the height would work just fine, since Ice Climbers and Ness should be the same height, at least from my testing using the training stage and doing direct side-by-side comparisons.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
YIf anyone has tunnel vision. It's the 100 percent certain Erdrick people, because all you're focusing on is shoving him into an almost finished puzzle at any means necessary just because ''The leakers say so." and ''But the codename!"
Eh, not everyone has that mindset. I'm very sure it's Erdrick or something along those lines because he's likely the Square rep I'd want the least besides Sora. (No offense to their fans.) It's a matter of keeping my expectations in check. That being said, speculation is a welcome thing, as long as no one jumps to any conclusions. We just don't have enough to determine anything too solid.

D

Deleted member

You literally just described the opposite of tunnel vision.

Tunnel vision is focusing down one thing and only one thing.

Opening Brave up to multiple possibilities and not trying to fit Erdrick at any means necessary?

That's not tunnel vision.

Tunnel vision however is? The constantly changing landscape of the scenario and mystery at hand and no matter what happens you have people going with no doubt in their heads that it's Erdrick because the word of leakers mostly and nothing else.

It was Erdrick when you guys thought this character was going to be a straight up swordsman.

It was Erdrick when you guys thought this character was going to be a zoner.

It suddenly became Chibi Erdrick (and it was always sooooo obvious that Sakurai would use this look btw) when you guys saw the stats might not fit the more recognizable Bigger Erdrick model.

If anyone has tunnel vision. It's the 100 percent certain Erdrick people, because all you're focusing on is shoving him into an almost finished puzzle at any means necessary just because ''The leakers say so." and ''But the codename!"
I understand your point, but the thing is... he's just that versatile of a character. Be it close range or a zoner he can fill either quota, via melee weaponry or spell casting. I wouldn't quite call one design or the other more "recognizable" but I don't think anyone necessarily agreed on one or the other wholly before these stats showed up.

However, I do absolutely agree with your point about discussing other characters, because there's never any guarantee in all of this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eh, not everyone has that mindset. I'm very sure it's Erdrick or something along those lines because he's likely the Square rep I'd want the least besides Sora. (No offense to their fans.) It's a matter of keeping my expectations in check. That being said, speculation is a welcome thing, as long as no one jumps to any conclusions. We just don't have enough to determine anything too solid.
Not to a lot of people is what I'm saying though.

There's a whole subset of people clearly not keeping expectations in check. There's just a whole chunk of people determined to make this Erdrick and not open to any other possibility.

The leakers can't be wrong in their eyes.

Brave isn't an overly subjective codename in their eyes.

Nothing that points away from Erdrick even slightly exists in their heads.

There's a difference in expecting Erdrick and the determentation to make the current puzzle fit him and not opening up to any other speculation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've heard tales of this thread.

I think it's probably Erdrick, personally.
Lara Croft would be my preferred Square-Enix choice though.

D

Deleted member

Making the comparison isn't too smart for me, but I'm pretty sure Amaterasu is (or should be) a lot taller than Duck Hunt, considering that character is among the smallest in the Smash cast:
Now, how does Ammy compare? Well, next in MvC3, she's clearly among the smallest too:

But then again, some characters (like Wolverine in the pic) take stances that make them look smaller than they actually are. But in comparison, she's a lot bigger than Duck Hunt.
I see, thanks. I dont think comparison gives us much but at least I get an idea of her size.

D

Deleted member

Not to a lot of people is what I'm saying though.

There's a whole subset of people clearly not keeping expectations in check. There's just a whole chunk of people determined to make this Erdrick and not open to any other possibility.

The leakers can't be wrong in their eyes.

Brave isn't an overly subjective codename in their eyes.

Nothing that points away from Erdrick even slightly exists in their heads.

There's a difference in expecting Erdrick and the determentation to make the current puzzle fit him and not opening up to any other speculation.
The last time people decided leakers were wrong and tried to argue in favor of who they wanted, Incineroar was labeled as leak bait.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The last time people decided leakers were wrong and tried to argue in favor of who they wanted, Incineroar was labeled as leak bait.
Wait...S E R I O U S L Y???
You're late to the party, Golden, same old "INCINEROAR WAS LABELED AS LEAK BAIT" thing is bought up every day. Welcome to the thread tho.

I've heard tales of this thread.

I think it's probably Erdrick, personally.
Lara Croft would be my preferred Square-Enix choice though.
Welcome to the city, boy

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, and?

These don't necessarily equal out.

One scenario does not equate to every other possible scenario and I think every human being knows that.

D

Deleted member

Okay, and?

These don't necessarily equal out.

One scenario does not equate to every other possible scenario and I think every human being knows that.
I'm saying that Occam's Razor is in effect here.
Several sources are claiming Erdrick for whatever reason. Simplest solution is that they're most likely correct in saying Erdrick, just like with Incineroar prior.

Why should people who want to stay the course be ridiculed for it?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Several sources are claiming Erdrick for whatever reason. Simplest solution is that they're most likely correct in saying Erdrick, just like with Incineroar prior.

Actually the biggest reason most of these sources were claiming Erdrick was indeed simply the name "Brave" which was cited as a crucial piece of evidence that couldn't be revealed.

Now that this is out in the open, only a very few, select leakers have stated it to be Erdrick for reasons beyond Brave. They haven't given their reasons as well.

I want to note that I believe it's Erdrick, but the situation is not what you seem to think here. I get what you're saying tho.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

There's no ridicule going on here though.

It's just kind of strange to take the word of strangers with no proof other than ''I totally know this to be true!" at face value as well as the fact everything we know about this new Brave character could fit many people. Not just Erdrick.

I expect a high chance of Erdrick myself, but there's very much a high possibility, especially with Square, who has never had a leak this huge, this early in the game, for the leakers to be wrong.

The whole scenario is far from even a 80 percent certainity scenario.

It's more like a 50/50 situation at the moment.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Hi guys, my first time on this thread. Can someone fill me on what has been discovered about this "Brave" character? Thanks in advance.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Ever heard of the phrase: "Those who don't learn from their history are forced to repeat it"?
Things change, sure, but how do we know they will? I don't debate this often out of fear of irony, but just because there's a chance it will be different, doesn't assure it will, and people have a good reason for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Going with the current conversation. Can I suggest this as the thread's theme?

Calane

Smash Ace
So I guess things are looking bad for Erdrick now? Well, that's not too unexpected (for me, anyway).

As long as "Brave" doesn't turn out to be the rumored SE rep, then I suppose my dream is still alive.

At this point, that's the outcome I'm hoping for.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ever heard of the phrase: "Those who don't learn from their history are forced to repeat it"?
Things change, sure, but how do we know they will? I don't debate this often out of fear of irony, but just because there a chance it will be different, doesn't assure it will, and people have a good reason for it.
History does repeat itself. You are not wrong.

That doesn't mean it always does however. Sometimes things change.

Expecting the same out of every scenario or thinking you have it all figured out is how people end up shocked like that Pikachu meme when they should've probably been a little more open to possibilities and the likelyhood of the opposite happening in the first place.

Last edited:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
So I guess things are looking bad for Erdrick now? Well, that's not too unexpected (for me, anyway).

As long as "Brave" doesn't turn out to be the rumored SE rep, then I suppose my dream is still alive.

At this point, that's the outcome I'm hoping for.
It very well could be Erdrick, it is just a closer race now. He is still probably the 'favorite' in his kid version.

Top Bottom