• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It doesn't have something to do with where the head is, I thought that too, but compare K Rool and Bowser.
K Rool is height 21, and Bowser is Height 24, but K Rool's head is higher as he's less hunched over.
I don't think it has anything to do with anything visually.
Oh. That's something. They both look about the same height in game, and krool's face is higher. 3 whole points of difference for bowser being taller is pretty weird.

Where are you getting the values btw?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random question cause why not, Who out of the seven Square Choices would bring the Best Music in Your Opinion? Personally I think it's either Geno or Septhiroth. Geno cause Beware the forest mushrooms is a Banger and the other Music in the game is also pretty great. And Septh because One Winged Angel is such an Iconic Song, I can't believe it isn't in the game already tbqh.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Random question cause why not, Who out of the seven Square Choices would bring the Best Music in Your Opinion? Personally I think it's either Geno or Septhiroth. Geno cause Beware the forest mushrooms is a Banger and the other Music in the game is also pretty great. And Septh because One Winged Angel is such an Iconic Song, I can't believe it isn't in the game already tbqh.
If I had to choose any square franchise for music, it would be Bravely default hands down. Haven't even played the game but a friend showed off the soundtrack and it's honestly amazing. If I had to choose out of the seven though, I think you know my answer to that one lol.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
For me? Geno/Sora or Crono. I LOVE Yoko Shimomura and Yasunori Mitsuda

D

Deleted member

Have a hard time between FFVII, DQ and CT soundtracks, those are some of the best.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
SMRPG and Kingdom Hearts. Or to simplify, Yoko Shimomura.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
The thought of Final Fantasy needing a whole second character and stage to get another couple of songs is deeply depressing. If there's one franchise I would've wanted to see get the Castlevania treatment... well, it'd probably be Castlevania, but FF is #2 for sure. RIP, Battle on the Big Bridge.

As for new franchises, Bravely and Octopath both have great music, but my heart will always be with Chrono Trigger. Even if we get a DQ character, I still want some Chrono Trigger music.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeh I love DQ but it's not the greatest for music if it gets in. Not saying the music is bad, it's just some of the other SE games' music are almost masterpieces.

Xigger

Smash Lord
At any rate, there's a lot of people in the forums playing telephone with data, there's really no point acting serious about any of it unless you actually looked at the data yourself.

but for real #teamhunchedsora

D

Deleted member

Yeh I love DQ but it's not the greatest for music if it gets in. Not saying the music is bad, it's just some of the other SE games' music are almost masterpieces.
The early games have lots of great tracks, especially 3 and 4 but there's definetely a noticeable decline in quality later on. Nowadays there's rarely any new music for the series cause the composer is pretty much senile but they refuse to get rid of him.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hands down Crono.

I mean yeah, Sephiroth has one winged angel. But Chrono Trigger has World Revolution, which is really up there with Dancing Mad, 1WA, among other top tier vg music Masterpieces.
Frog's Theme, Magus's Theme, Rickroll, the list goes on.

D

Deleted member

At any rate, there's a lot of people in the forums playing telephone with data, there's really no point acting serious about any of it unless you actually looked at the data yourself.

We really need an Update to the first page laying out all the Info we have and whatnot. It would be really helpful for people who're just now jumping into the conversation and the people who just haven't looked at the stuff yet as it's Spread out between multiple sites.

D

Deleted member

Out of the seven choices? Super Mario RPG would get some really catchy remixes. I'd also like Dragon Quest battle themes in Smash. Kingdom Hearts is decent and I'm indifferent to Final Fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sorry if I gave you the impression of acting serious, I just felt its better to try and get to understand it a little more to not make false conclusions. There is nothing much to speculate at the moment while we wait for a direct.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If the face-ground theory is true, then 1) it’s the best theory name ever and 2) I’m going with Crouching Brave, Hidden Erdrick.

But man Sora’s the hunch king, ooooo hope springs eternal.

ANGRY

NINTENDO WHY NO DIRECT

WHERE IS MY DIRECT, NINTENDO

WHERE IS IT!?!?

MY LIFE IS OVER.

There, I fulfilled the prophecy for ya. Glad to be of service! :drflip:
You are the chosen one.

****ing Chrono Trigger dog.

D

Deleted member

Okay question, Has Erdrick crouched while fighting in Any DQ Game? Like ever? Cause based off of just my gut feeling when looking at the Design of Erdrick he looks like the type of person to Stand upright proud and Strong when Fighting. Of course the Model Might actually be "Kid" Erdrick but if not what makes you guys think he'd be Crouching?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Adding a Square franchise for just their music alone, you're killing me here. Most of Square's properties has such great music, obviously one of them is already in the game, which is Final Fantasy and I still can't believe we only have 2 tracks that's from 7 and 7 has some of the most well known songs from the franchise.

I would add Sephiroth alone just to get more FF7 music up in here. Kingdom Hearts is another amazing one with some great music choices, Chrono Trigger, even though they aren't on the list they could be miscellaneous music Octopath Traveller had a great score, Secret of Mana Square is just great when it comes to music that I just can't list all of them.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Sorry if I gave you the impression of acting serious, I just felt its better to try and get to understand it a little more to not make false conclusions. There is nothing much to speculate at the moment while we wait for a direct.
No worries, almost everyone is in the same boat. Including me.

If the face-ground theory is true, then 1) it’s the best theory name ever.
#teamfacegroundtheory!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Dude, in ssb4, the voice actors of Mewtwo, Ryu, Corrin, Cloud, Roy, and Bayonetta are added into the credits through out each DLC fighter updates.
Ok so here's your implication
They specifically left two blank spots for both Erdrick's and not the rest of the DLC
Why would they not have left blank spots for all 5/6 DLC characters if this was the case

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Am I the only one losing patience by the day with the ND?
Like, each day seems to take longer. I can't wait any longer.

To me, FFVII takes the cake for not even having the best musics in Smash.
OWA, Birth of a God, JENOVA and its variants, Crazy Motorcycle Chase, Cinco de Chocobo... the list goes on.
For second place, it's an insane tie between CT, DQ, and KH

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
First place is Chrono Trigger instantly. I just cant say any other with a clean mind if CT is an option.
Second and third are for KH and SMRPG in no particular order. Yoko Shimomura does bangers.
Any others are more sporadic choices where there would not be too much gains for me to commit to them, like FF being cursed to bring few tracks and any other SE choice of mine being too obscure to be remotely fair.

EDIT: OH **** FORGOT TWEWY

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Okay question, Has Erdrick crouched while fighting in Any DQ Game? Like ever? Cause based off of just my gut feeling when looking at the Design of Erdrick he looks like the type of person to Stand upright proud and Strong when Fighting. Of course the Model Might actually be "Kid" Erdrick but if not what makes you guys think he'd be Crouching?
DQ3 takes place from a 1st person perspective in Battle. However, Crouching Erdrick IS one of his iconic pieces of art to the point that it's referenced in promotional pictures of figures

Why it would be used in Smash for anything but a Taunt, I have no ****ing idea. It's a bit too weird for an idle pose.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
In-game? No, as the games show 1st person perspective. (At least until 8 came along).

But through cutscenes?

Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yz3YLw5x8
1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odKPdhiY46s&t=83s&list=FLo1JJkMU4QpSu5A-jyI93XQ&index=3
0:30
1:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63kQuGijvCI
2:00 (not game footage, but a live stage performance of DQ3 apparently, Erdrick striking a battle pose)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3ZoLP0fnI
3:57 (technically not Erdrick, but his descendant)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In-game? No, as the games show 1st person perspective. (At least until 8 came along).

But through cutscenes?

Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yz3YLw5x8
1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odKPdhiY46s&t=83s&list=FLo1JJkMU4QpSu5A-jyI93XQ&index=3
0:30
1:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3ZoLP0fnI
3:57 (technically not Erdrick, but his descendant)
Well that raises Erdrick's chances for me, Not like Erdrick needed anymore Evidence as it's all too clear at this point that's it's Likely him.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
With each passing day, I feel like Kid Erdrick is getting even less likely. The majority of Erdrick's art, products, etc., tend to use his grown up design. Also, if the leaks claiming that Erdrick would have both his male and female costumes are real, they'd have to go with his adult look, since there's no kid version of his female counterpart. If Erdrick would be in Smash, it would have to be his grown up version, regardless of either the game version with his kid look was the most successful. Unless they changed "Brave"'s stats, I don't see it being Erdrick.

Calane

Smash Ace
With each passing day, I feel like Kid Erdrick is getting even less likely. The majority of Erdrick's art, products, etc., tend to use his grown up design. Also, if the leaks claiming that Erdrick would have both his male and female costumes are real, they'd have to go with his adult look, since there's no kid version of his female counterpart. If Erdrick would be in Smash, it would have to be his grown up version, regardless of either the game version with his kid look was the most successful. Unless they changed "Brave"'s stats, I don't see it being Erdrick.
Thing is, "Brave" doesn't necessarily have to be Erdrick for him to get in.

As long as "Brave" isn't another SE character, Erdrick's still pretty likely to show up eventually (if the insiders are to be believed, anyway).

D

Deleted member

I WISH I could say the Same. But I have to Disagree as from my perspective Erdrick becomes More and More likely, For every argument against Erdrick there's always a counter-argument. For every "Oh Maybe it's [Insert character here]" There's always a "But Erdrick is still More likely to be in cause X, Y and Z" like when I asked about if Erdrick has ever crouched in-game or not, He has.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I WISH I could say the Same. But I have to Disagree as from my perspective Erdrick becomes More and More likely, For every argument against Erdrick there's always a counter-argument. For every "Oh Maybe it's [Insert character here]" There's always a "But Erdrick is still More likely to be in cause X, Y and Z" like when I asked about if Erdrick has ever crouched in-game or not, He has.
A lot of characters crouch in their games. Crouching is a very common battle stance for sword users so that might be stretching a bit. Sure, Erdrick has high chances of being in, but I don't feel like this crouching thing has anything to do with it.

D

Deleted member

A lot of characters crouch in their games. Crouching is a very common battle stance for sword users so that might be stretching a bit. Sure, Erdrick has high chances of being in, but I don't feel like this crouching thing has anything to do with it.
I was using that as an Example of what I meant by every Argument against Erdrick there's always a Counter-Argument for Erdrick

ZelDan

Smash Master
Easily Chrono Trigger.

getting to Smash to Magus' theme or World Revolution would be amazing.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, "Brave" doesn't necessarily have to be Erdrick for him to get in.

As long as "Brave" isn't another SE character, Erdrick's still pretty likely to show up eventually (if the insiders are to be believed, anyway).
I mean, technically speaking the next 4 DLC characters could all be from Square. I really doubt it, but that is a possibility.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I was using that as an Example of what I meant by every Argument against Erdrick there's always a Counter-Argument for Erdrick
I still feel like it could be another character. Most of these arguments people use to justify it being Erdrick seems to be stretching or just people being too ignorant. The only things that appear to really be pointing to him without stretching seem to be the codename's meaning and the "leaks" that have predicted some stuff right. While he sure does have a high chance of being in, ignoring other characters's chances feels too ignorant. Their chances might be smaller, but they still exist. It's like gambling, the chances of losing are bigger, but winning is still possible. Supporting Erdrick is not a problem, the problem is when people start saying that it will definitely be Erdrick while completely ignoring every other character ever, as if Erdrick was the only one to have a chance.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, I'm starting to be of the opinion that we are definitely getting Erdrick, but Brave might not necessarily be him. That being said, stats could always be changed, so... it's tough to know with what we have. That being said, the fact that Brave is being developed practically alongside Joker is interesting to me, for some reason.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll update the first post of the thread very soon, normally this week, as early as tomorrow Studies take all of my time sadly

D

Deleted member

Brave will be Geno Dressed as Erdrick, Riding a Slime and using a Keyblade and his final Smash will be summoning Septhiroth, Chrono and Luminary. You heard it here folks.

Top Bottom