• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
There is no way you can use that word and not have it come out wrong.....

So who else from SoVA is going to HERB?

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yo craigdizzle, i dont think its flawless if you have to come back from the losers bracket.

CStick

Smash Lord
anyone not going to HERB who will be free during the day on Saturday and wants some melee practice lemme know.

Also, I'm off tomorrow after school, so if anyone wants to get some melee in between the time of 3pm-9pm...lemme know also.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
anyone not going to HERB who will be free during the day on Saturday and wants some melee practice lemme know.

Also, I'm off tomorrow after school, so if anyone wants to get some melee in between the time of 3pm-9pm...lemme know also.
whats ur address? Ive been bored this week...

rhan

Smash Hero
Hey Theo, if you do come, I can see if my dad will let you stay here for the night that way you won't have to drive back or leave early.

D0N

Smash Ace
yo craigdizzle, i dont think its flawless if you have to come back from the losers bracket.
You should throw a tourney on the 18th so I can win some money before I leave. Or just show up and give you and kadaj a beating. ill be back for 1 or 2 days before my flight and i need to inspire some dk player to hold my place while im gone.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
don i can only have events at the shop on sundays.

id be glad to do one if i have a venue.

D0N

Smash Ace
Nevermind then, I leave sunday. Id probly be to busy and only stop by anyway.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
D0N! Do you know about this new fast-food chain called EVO? I haven't heard anything about the taste but it's supposed to be..er...a healthier place? Like: air-baked fries and oven-baked burgers for great reductions in fat all around...site looked pretty enticing and what I've heard about it on the radio is good times...and I'm pretty sure it's in or around her mouth the city...so maybe before that comedy show on sunday we can get lunch?

PEOPLE GOING TO HERB, OR WANTING TO: PLEASE CONTACT BLACKG!!!!

757 651 8554, if memory serves me right...

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: Never heard of it yet, but sure sounds good.

Look here for address/house rules for the comedy club. If theres an EVO nearby that would work perfectly.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
LMMMMMFFAAAAAAAAOOOOO

...I KNEW it was too good to be true!!!

EVOS [oops, not EVO] is not just CLOSE...it's less than one block away from the comedy club XD!!!!

BUT. Like I said...it's too good to be true. That particular location [only 2 in GA so far] is NOT open yet and will not be open until later this year. ****ing sadface.

The good news??? It doesn't suffice to say that I'm a burger-man. And according the great intertubes, the Vortex, the restaurant that, I guess, surrounds, or is associated with, the comedy club has received the honor of "Best burger in Atlanta" since its opening in 1992. [****ing PTZR leaving his commas everywhere >_>]

Best burger in Atlanta?!?! That's no small feat, my friend.

It'd also be a lot more convenient.

Also: sad to say but immediately after the show, I MAY have to head back home so I can get enough sleep before waking up at 4 AM to go to work [wait wtf...it's already 9:30? gahhh...needed to go to sleep like an hour ago XD]

depends on the timing, though

anyway, I'll call you Saturday or maybe Sunday morning-ish :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
so i saw Sova has been having a lot of tournaments lately, mostly held by SK (Gaia_X, Cura)

maybe i'll think about coming down for one of these soon.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Me and H4x Keeping Sova Alive. South East Smash kidz are also Pulling some weight. Their Tourney is coming up this saturday. Everyone need to check that out and get it hyped.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I do. Maybe he doesn't care but... thats a publicity stunt. fo sho.
No one cares, 98% of the u.s. loves him.

But i've heard the point be brought up a lot in college essays i read....
Music stars, and actors, and multiple celebs gaining more fame and more credit than our troops. It's sad, yes, but dont hate xD
this has been a problem way before MJ, and the molestations..... weren't proven. so hop off his pre-black/pro-white as*!!!!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ya tantalus you should def come down for my next one. the turnouts have been pretty good so far, and im expecting them to just get better!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol white people hating on MJ

transformers 2 in IMAX has zero new footage. the only changes are the woods fight and devastator filmed with IMAX cameras on 70mm film while the rest of the movie is stretched out to fit the IMAX screen. so basically, those particular scenes are spectacular, but will make you hate every single CGI movie sequence you'll ever see until movies go full IMAX

also: don/toast im so jealous T_T

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
The congressman is not pulling a publicity stunt. He was perhaps trying to gain popularity with his electorate base by playing the "i support my troops" card and by attacking the media as a lone soldier, but he is just showing that he has no respect for the legal system of the US. Considering the influence MJ had on millions of people worldwide, he's also clueless as to how one-of-a-kind MJ was/is. He does not deserve the media he has gotten; he also won't win come the midterm elections.

CStick

Smash Lord
1817 Haverhill Dr Va Beach 23456

757-339-2280

I haven't played in a couple months but wtf ever.

Come over whenever. Just text me if you're coming.

rhan

Smash Hero
From here, mapquest says you're 9 minutes away. Shweet. I'll probably leave here in the next 30 minutes. I'll text ya when I leave.

Do I gotta bring anything?

rhan

Smash Hero
9 MINUTES!?!?!?

gooood ****
I know right?

You missed out. C-Stick's Ganon's freakin raaaaaaaaaape. He won the majority of the matches we did. I knew he was already good but I was still surprised. It was good practice.

Thanks again C-Stick for letting us chill. :)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, rhan is going to get so good. you and shaden better watch out theo

ps- do you have cyrain's # theo? if so, call me

Ether

Smash Ace
wtf LOL didn't see that coming.

I want to throw melee biweeklies at my place, but I thought about it and I just don't have the space.

*waits for O-NO to open shop*

ALSO - I've been thinking of teaming up with CStick for the next tourney. And if you're for it, I will throw said tourney at my place. Somehow.

Edit - I believe I am insanely better now than I ever was.

Edit - I could be wrong.

rhan

Smash Hero
lol. is sova really getting better? i mean honestly. rofl.
Possibly. I don't see you as much of a challenge as I did before. We was both on about the same page at the tourney (Even when we both needed warm-ups).

wtf LOL didn't see that coming.

I want to throw melee biweeklies at my place, but I thought about it and I just don't have the space.

*waits for O-NO to open shop*

ALSO - I've been thinking of teaming up with CStick for the next tourney. And if you're for it, I will throw said tourney at my place. Somehow.

Edit - I believe I am insanely better now than I ever was.

Edit - I could be wrong.
You should host. Your name would bring a crowd too.

I'll help out anyway possible.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i am stronger than i ever was. i've weakened at marth vs falco and all vs jiggs matchups..but overall i think i've improved.

however, i'm curious as to what makes ether think he has improved so much. if i felt like it i could list the specific things i've improved on in the last year. My marth is still weaker overall than my old marth, but it has a different style than the old one..i'm confident it will become stronger than i was before..fox it is no contest. My fox is 10 x the fox I had before.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
agh no i dont have cyrain's number.

nice turhan. show me ya skillz when i come to gloucester.

@Mashi: That's exactly the attitude that keeps SoVA down!! (Edit: That, plus the whole barwl fad)

@Ether: Who do u train with to get better? Do u travel?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Ether is going downn. STARS (not pitzer) is stepping it up! We're all (not pitzer) mobile! I want to play NoVa :/

I will be home around 5.

theo come so we can practice and beat kp

Top Bottom