• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
REVIVAL OF MELEE WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! and seeing Toasty was so much fun as well lol :D

...oh man, i don't really want to play brawl for while LOL
and i need to play melee more..

DaShizWiz vs M2K in loser's final was CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! lol

also i get to eat White Castle, first time of my life :p

SOVA BABY!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
soooo much fun

pools were changed and I ended up in KDJ's pool which was hella fun...

I went Ness at least one match [in friendlies] against every person I played against and had some pretty amazing results...I should have used Ness in a specific pool match [against a really good Peach from Connecticut...LOL not that one] because my Fox/Marth are garbage against her due to horrid lack of experience and inconsistency with Fox techskill...especially because after getting ***** in pools by this guy as Fox/Marth, I later played him in a friendly [kind of a pride match though, so it wasn't like he held back at all] and I beat him with Ness >_>

oh well, 3rd seed isn't too bad all things considered and I took a dollar from KDJ...in Rock Paper Scissors >_>

he's easily the most chill and fun smasher I've ever met though, and Kage is a ****ing MONNNNSSTERRRR OMG

he was obliterating Foxes left and right.

from what I know, he knocked out Jman, KDJ, Azen [beat his Marth and Fox], and took PC Chris to last match [LOL Corneria]

did I mention he did all of this with GANON?!?!?!

Losers Finals between Shiz and M2K was ****ing INCREDIBLE and grand finals was the weakest bull**** in the world.

Round 1: M2K (Captain Falcon) Vs. Mango (Falco) --> painful to watch
Round 2: M2K (Sheik) Vs. Mango (Falco) --> sick.
Round 3: uhh...I think there was another one of this matchup? it was pretty good.
Round 4: M2K (Sheik) Vs. Mango (Falco) --> also sick, but last hit last stock, Mango got the kill

...and then...

Round 5:

...Falcon ditto.

;____;.

Wanna know why?!?!

I asked M2K about this and he told me that he wanted to choose Green Greens but he thought it was unfair because there's no way Jiggs can beat Fox on Green Greens and so he went FD, but then Mango went Falcon and M2K didn't want to be unfair again and go Sheik so he chose Falcon and it was just bad.

White Castle was awesome.

Kentucky Fraco Bell in NY though?!?! OMG EXPENSIVE.

Mexican Pizza + Grilled Stuft Burrito + Med. Drink = $9.50?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
First id like to give my regaurdsto black G.

Looks like ive been missing alot of action. this trip to seattle set me back quite a bit so lately ive just been working my *** off. thigs are gonna get hype again soon though. im looking at hosting a few tourneys. bad thing about that is i think im about to start sucking hard at melee again (not that iactually got a chance to step it up : / ) because Street fighter 4 is WAY TOO GOOOOOOD! Id also like to learn TvC asap so im going to be puting all mt practice time into SFIV and TvC.

Work has also been killing me with hours. not that its a bad thing but i clearly dont have time to host as much or even play like id like to ~.~ on a good note ill be hosting a SFIV tourney toward the end of the month at my store. i dont have all the details yet but it IS going to be store credit for a prize (F@CK!) but it should be alot of fun.

Good **** to toasty kadaj and mashi holding it down for sova lately. you guys have been puting in mad work. keep it up. mean while Me, kits, his new crew !ntruder alert, and some other cool sova heads will be ****** shop on the Capcom front!

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
sup otis.

not sure what the condition is on the 21st. cuz they're gonna hold ranbats that night. man i tried to play TvC but karas is waaaaay too powerful. so i'm gonna mod my wii stick into a gamecube/ps2 stick. SFIV is too great though. get a phone you bum! oh let me know if you're working tomorrow morning cuz i can stop by and play til 2pm.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
sup otis.

not sure what the condition is on the 21st. cuz they're gonna hold ranbats that night. man i tried to play TvC but karas is waaaaay too powerful. so i'm gonna mod my wii stick into a gamecube/ps2 stick. SFIV is too great though. get a phone you bum! oh let me know if you're working tomorrow morning cuz i can stop by and play til 2pm.
Karas is too gay lmao..
i play saki, so she couldn't handle karas at all -__- so i need to play high tier character like ken.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
yeah i played chun/polymar. but i cant play tvc, my mind isnt meant for that kind of play. plus watching all my friends eat a karas infinite got pretty old. :p

Cow

Smash Apprentice
my 360 borked =( no more sf4 ;/

i should try to get out and play with you guys sometime tho..

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Cow, whats up with your 360? my store may be able to fix it.

Kits, im working from 10am - 6pm. SFIV all day. lets do eet!

man games like TvC are always broken. just get nice with high tier but practice other players you like. atleast youll be able to match gay with gay and still have fun in casual matches.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
oh dang. wanna know the Facked up thing about that. when you go through microsoft to get it fixed, they may just send you another unit that has not been fixed so theres a chance youll get another red ring.

**** Microsoft. bunch of jerks make me look like an *** every day!

sold a box to a lady, **** red ringed on xmas day as soon as her son hooked it up! had to send it in. **** was NEW!

~.~;

D0N

Smash Ace
Brawl<TvC<<SF4, well for me anyway. Melee gets an honerable mention since there was a revival and its fun to watch, but I dont want to play it.

O-NO: Any chance your shop can fix a broken psp? Im not sure whats wrong with it. The power light comes on when I turn it on but nothing actually happens. I dont hear anything or see the home menu.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
PSP's are a pain in the ***. even if we cold fix it, the labor cost is almost as much as it would be to get a new one. my honest suggestion is to either get a new one, or wait until the new PSP 3000S comes out that ive been hearing about.

PSP w/ touch screen? Sign me the **** UP!

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Mashi, you should drop by and play some SFIV also. im still trying to get down with TvC. i played a Bit of it at Katsu. there looks to be a lot of tricks and traps in that game. What if they come out with TvC 2 also? I just wanna be ready for any and all tourneys.

UPDATE! SFIV + SSF2THDR tourney at my store on the 28th!

CASH pay out! 5$ venue 5$ per game. 60/30/10 payout. LET'S GO! (360 ver. BYOS)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol umm...if anyone could let me use a 360 stick i can. =/. only ps2/ps3 for me.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Mashi, you should drop by and play some SFIV also. im still trying to get down with TvC. i played a Bit of it at Katsu. there looks to be a lot of tricks and traps in that game. What if they come out with TvC 2 also? I just wanna be ready for any and all tourneys.

UPDATE! SFIV + SSF2THDR tourney at my store on the 28th!

CASH pay out! 5$ venue 5$ per game. 60/30/10 payout. LET'S GO! (360 ver. BYOS)
oh boo. that's same date as C3 :(

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Sup SoVA heads. Im hosting a tourney at the sexy game store I Work at. Unlike most game store tourneys this will be a CASH PAYOUT event. If things go well you can expect to see many more of these in the future.

Please get the word out and as always, GET HYPE!!!

Where:
Play N Trade of Virginia Beach
2201 Upton Dr Suite 906, Virginia Beach, VA, 23454
Phone:757-430-9269
e-mail:garybarnes@pntmail.com

When:
Saturday, March 28th, 2009
Registration starts @ 1pm
Tournament starts @ 2pm

FEEs Breakdown:
$5 Venue Fee
$5 pot fee for SF4.
$5 pot fee for HDremix.
60/30/10 pot split for all games.
100% of pot fee goes to winners.

Tournament Rules:
Best out of three except Finals: best of 5)
Winner must retain same character.
Double elimination brackets.
B.Y.O.C.

toasty

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49A3-g4tdw

Revival of Melee Montage by PB&J

also: looks like I might not be going to Genesis anymore ;___; Oh well. I'll still try though!

AlsoAlso: Ether, PM me your new phone number so I can come over and **** your Marth ^_^

again @ Ether: we need to talk Fox dittos. For real.

This weekend opened my eyes about too much **** SoVa doesn't even KNOW about [and it's so foreign to me that it'd be difficult for me to retell it :(]. I think MD/VA has officially lost its Melee footings. FL, NY, PA, CT, and CANADA are wayyyy too ****ing good.

toasty

Smash Hero
LOL I don't have much to teach (by example), I just have advice:

-master the art of shining out of shield as a reflex and not just that but actually being able to FOLLOW UP afterward

-ledgehop dairs are better than ledgehop bairs/nairs for edgeguarding because it guarantees that they'll be below the edge which gives you a chance to get back on the ledge and drop down to shine with invul frames

-the action is on you, you're the one who has to make it happen, unless your opponent is sloppy and/or too aggressive which just means you can sit back, relax, and punish

-make sure you always crouch-tech onstage shines. If you're far from the edge, crouchtech away so you go quite far. if you're close to the edge [meaning they can waveshine-jab reset and then shine you off the stage] crouch tech toward them.

-I think Cyrain told me that Fox can't roll away from jab-resets until 32% so if you're the type who pays a lot of attention to % [I'm not, unfortunately], then keep that in mind.

-also, don't underestimate the power of CC-shine at low damage

General tip against Fox: make it a habit to SDI away from Fox whenever he dairs you to limit the possibility of getting shined or grabbed...both of which can lead to all kinds of unfortunate happenings

Top Bottom