• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: I asked to go to brawl till you fall like right after you posted "who wants to go"... well right after Famous anyway... but nevermind now.

Anyway, if I study abroad should I go to Mexico or Australia?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'll give you heads up kadaj cause i'm still talking with someone for a ride.

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: Cool. Hopefully your chances of going get better. Thaks for the vote. So far out of who ive asked its Australia:6 to Mexico:1

Mashi: Ill do a Marvel MM wenever we happen to play it.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
why is mexico a choice >_>

ive heard nothing but good things about australian people, they have cool accents, and there's all sorts of new wildlife to check out

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea your not the only one that has that attitude lol. The main argument being you can always drive to mexico but you could never drive to australia, which is realy true.

D0N

Smash Ace
In Mexico it would most likely be Monterry which is close to the Texas border. I dont know exactly where in Australia I would be yet.

lol @ great producers.

i'm extremely biased but this is definitely wrong
I may be just a little biased myself, but why do you say its wrong?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
no it's not.

this is part two.

and it came out TODAY.

Fool.

[there used to be a TRAILER in the first post of that thread, and that was back in August, but the final product is finally out.]

There are slight issues I have with it, but there are some moments in there that moooore than make up for it!

and wow there weren't even 100 views on it before youtube jacked the audio track @_@

MLGpro has it up, though, and it should be going on megaupload at some point for better quality since MLGpro kinda blows >_>

ttocs

Smash Rookie
apparently Scott loses money online to Aussies but finds Mexicans to be great Producers [er...easy money...kind of a poker term >_>]

actually, D0N, what part of Mexico? Eh...either way, the driving thing always wins this argument :)
no... i lose my heart to aussies

:'(

toasty

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219675

Please hype BlackG's tourney up and talk in this thread and mention what setups you're bringing

tell him, in that thread, that it should be March 7th which is a Saturday, instead of March 8th. He needs comments/suggestions/responses people!!!

If you don't talk about it, the event WILL be canceled due to lack of interest.

Spread that link around to your friends, please. Trust me, lots of people will be on spring break and those who would otherwise be uninterested in going to a Brawl tourney might change their mind since it's spring break.

It'd be a shame to have low attendance for no good reason...esp if that reason is laziness.

I don't have the time to shamelessly promote this like I usually do (which is why it's not my event), so please SoVa, step it the **** up.

PS: thanks to those who HAVE been trying :)

Edit: Day 3 of toasty's Falco went really well. Things are coming together nicely. What an amazing character. Shield Pressure is wayyy too easy to do though @_@

c3gill

Smash Ace
So after random sarchings I found this thread- I am from Poquoson (yall know where that is, right? im hoping), but @ UVA for college and whatnot. I am looking for some people to play (preferably in person, hate the lag on wifi) when I come home from Spring Break.

I am coming home Feb. 28th- so feel free to PM me if your up for some matches. And If some people wanna get together and just discuss Brawl, again feel free to PM me, I am often at Lazy Dayz Hookah Lounge (place of employment when Im home), so we could chill and talk brawl and smoke some Hookah.

Ill probabally be posting more often here now that I know there is a SOVA site :ohwell: -c3

D0N

Smash Ace
So after random sarchings I found this thread- I am from Poquoson (yall know where that is, right? im hoping), but @ UVA for college and whatnot. I am looking for some people to play (preferably in person, hate the lag on wifi) when I come home from Spring Break.

I am coming home Feb. 28th- so feel free to PM me if your up for some matches. And If some people wanna get together and just discuss Brawl, again feel free to PM me, I am often at Lazy Dayz Hookah Lounge (place of employment when Im home), so we could chill and talk brawl and smoke some Hookah.

Ill probabally be posting more often here now that I know there is a SOVA site :ohwell: -c3
Theres a tourney on the 28th at CNU for both brawl and melee. You should go if you can make it. It would be a good way to meet most of the SOVA players.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220909

toasty

Smash Hero
lmfao @ the last posts, Scott/Caboose

c3gill --- I work down the street from Lazy Dayz [on Diligence just off of J Clyde] and some really good people don't live too far away.

But for real, go to that CNU tourney, a lot of people should be there and it'll be a really good time ^_^

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
trying to make a joke jason. it's not funnies =[.

mm me is mandatory at cnu though. =P

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
okay, sorry. here is my complaint about brawl.

It has recently come to my attention that Brawl represents the most recent incarnation of the unique 20th-century phenomenon known as "mephitic chauvinism". It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how Brawl's politics represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. While I, not being one of the many nutty nabobs of heathenism of this world, know very little about mawkish hatemongers, I do know that I plan to shatter the illusion that Brawl can be trusted to judge the rest of the world from a unique perch of pure wisdom. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that Brawl often argues that its prevarications are all sweetness and light. A similar argument was first made over 1200 years ago by a well-known scrub and was quickly disproved. In those days, however, no one would have doubted that I have a problem with Brawl's use of the phrase, "We all know that...". With this phrase, it doesn't need to prove its claim that it is as innocent as a newborn lamb; it merely accepts it as fact. To put it another way, if it is going to justify, palliate, or excuse the evils of its heart, then it should at least have the self-respect to remind itself of a few things: First, I clearly don't want to have to hear its rambling streams of consciousness. And second, its representatives suspect that children should belong to the state. This is precisely the non-equation that Brawl is trying to patch together. What it's missing, as usual, is that it likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why Brawl rarely tells its collaborators that it plans to blend together gnosticism and resistentialism in a train wreck of monumental proportions. But you knew that already. So let me add that I do not have the time, in one sitting, to go into the long answer as to why its outrage at complaints about it is indicative of its self-esteem and value system. But the short answer is that it parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, its ideas will change instantly like a weathercock. Ignorant phallocentrism and Brawl's manifestos are one and the same. Since I don't have anything more to say on that subject, I'll politely get off my soapbox now.

Top Bottom