• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: Brawl Till you Fall is only accepting 175 entrants. Pre registration is mandatory now. Should we go ahead and pre registar or wait a while?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Greetings from Seattle *****es!!!

ive been playing SFIV since last week ****** this **** down!!!!!

Greatest adventure of my dayum LYFE!

Toasty, what did you need me to get confirmation on for Genesis? i wont be in Cali till next week, but i can start gathering info while i here. text me or some **** fo!

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
So after random sarchings I found this thread- I am from Poquoson (yall know where that is, right? im hoping), but @ UVA for college and whatnot. I am looking for some people to play (preferably in person, hate the lag on wifi) when I come home from Spring Break.

I am coming home Feb. 28th- so feel free to PM me if your up for some matches. And If some people wanna get together and just discuss Brawl, again feel free to PM me, I am often at Lazy Dayz Hookah Lounge (place of employment when Im home), so we could chill and talk brawl and smoke some Hookah.

Ill probabally be posting more often here now that I know there is a SOVA site :ohwell: -c3
You go to UVA? strangely enough i got a friend coming down from UVA to come to our CNU tournament on the 28th. He doesnt play too seriously but who knows...maybe you'll know him. Definitely drop by for this tournament, its looking to be pretty promising.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
what do you think the outcome will be? more melee or brawl? lol. i was planning on playing brawl, but if melee is bigger i'll do that. i was only gonna play melee MM

U

UnknownEnemyZero

okay, sorry. here is my complaint about brawl.

It has recently come to my attention that Brawl represents the most recent incarnation of the unique 20th-century phenomenon known as "mephitic chauvinism". It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how Brawl's politics represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. While I, not being one of the many nutty nabobs of heathenism of this world, know very little about mawkish hatemongers, I do know that I plan to shatter the illusion that Brawl can be trusted to judge the rest of the world from a unique perch of pure wisdom. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that Brawl often argues that its prevarications are all sweetness and light. A similar argument was first made over 1200 years ago by a well-known scrub and was quickly disproved. In those days, however, no one would have doubted that I have a problem with Brawl's use of the phrase, "We all know that...". With this phrase, it doesn't need to prove its claim that it is as innocent as a newborn lamb; it merely accepts it as fact. To put it another way, if it is going to justify, palliate, or excuse the evils of its heart, then it should at least have the self-respect to remind itself of a few things: First, I clearly don't want to have to hear its rambling streams of consciousness. And second, its representatives suspect that children should belong to the state. This is precisely the non-equation that Brawl is trying to patch together. What it's missing, as usual, is that it likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why Brawl rarely tells its collaborators that it plans to blend together gnosticism and resistentialism in a train wreck of monumental proportions. But you knew that already. So let me add that I do not have the time, in one sitting, to go into the long answer as to why its outrage at complaints about it is indicative of its self-esteem and value system. But the short answer is that it parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, its ideas will change instantly like a weathercock. Ignorant phallocentrism and Brawl's manifestos are one and the same. Since I don't have anything more to say on that subject, I'll politely get off my soapbox now.
So, I should just play metaknight then is what your saying? :dizzy:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
nah Kadaj it isn't just the money anymore, it's the time spent. I just can't do that this semester, mostly because of school.

hah, my Falco is really not ready for MMs.

When I say "Day 3" I'm being 100% literal. I had my first horribly off day with Falco yesterday so Day 4 was a complete disaster. Caboose, on the other hand, went mother****ing Super Saiyan for a good 30 minutes straight. Even NDN was having fun at my expense and saying "aww yayyyy '**** toasty' day!"

And then I went Sheik and couldn't even enjoy the win ;___;

Otis, I'll text you later today since it's probably like 7 AM over there.

Kits, if/when we hang, I'll bring yo system mang =D

Otis, if you're back by this weekend, THERE IS AN SF4 TOURNEY AT GREENBRIER.

I heard rumors of the grand prize being AN SF4 CAB WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

lastly: I'm fuxing with Metaknight some too...it's fun. And I'm not even winning. I'm just saying, fun character :) And I finally took a liking to Brawl Pika ^_^ dunno if I mentioned that already...but anyway, I'm mad psyched for the 28th...but not even close to ready :(

toasty

Smash Hero
haha yeah

btw, anyone looking for a cheap and AWESOME mp3 player, go to a Walmart store [has to be in-store] and get an 8GB Sansa Clip [clip is removable hah] for $50 [retail is like DOUBLE that], and even the list price AT the store is higher than 50, but when they ring it up, the USA Walmart Store Exclusive deal makes it $50 ^_^

NDN enlightened me bout this iPod killaaaaa [has a screen but doesn't have video, but a lot of great features...SHEEEIIIT DRAG AND DROP?!??! that means you can delete easily, add/transfer among other computers easily, no program necessary to deal with transfers/organization, dedicated power and volume switches/buttons]

plus it's ****ing adorable =D

[also, pretty positive it functions just like a hard drive in that you can transfer files n ****]

toasty

Smash Hero
you mean...you can go to My Computer, see the iPod there, and just open your music folder and drag songs and drop it on to the iPod icon?

And then they'll play on your iPod?

And then you can take the iPod to a different computer, open it in My Computer and then copy whatever songs you want and paste them onto your computer?

I mean it's been a long time since I've used an iPod and I've never owned one myself [my family has a few though] but as far as I knew, you always had to do stuff through iTunes whether it be loading or removing songs and you could never copy those songs [the playable ones, I mean, not the ones you stored in the iPod harddrive as just regular files you're storing] and have them copied to another computer [unless you had that sweet iPod hacking program]
(all of this is meant to say that 1) you don't need a program for the Sansa and 2) you can drag/drop/play/delete/copy/etc as you please with no hassle...oh and you can do voice recordings with the Sansa! Think there's an FM tuner too.)

I forgot to specify something earlier, actually...it's competition for the iPod SHUFFLE not the Nano necessarily.

Edit: Kadaj pretty much nailed it.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
no, your ipod still syncs to computer specific(i think, idk, i didn't do this to my ipod)
then you drag and drop the music you want onto it
there are ways to use your ipod to get music off of other computers though if thats what you care about >_>

Top Bottom