• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I really think I'm going to be able to attend this now:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218000

but only because I'm really excited about going and helping and playing in it...not because I actually think I can make it XD

whoever rides with me already has housing at JCz's farm like for Critical Hit 3

this will be the last time I travel before Genesis unless it's like to Richmond and at the absolute furthest Chu's or Raleigh.

who's with me?!

AND YO ANYONE WHO IS GOING ON THE TRIP WITH ME AND OTIS TO GENESIS, WE NEED TO EFFING GET TOGETHER AND DISCUSS THIS! We need to finalize stuff SOON because i plan on buying my plane tickets in the next week or two.

Otis: please please please get confirmation on dates as to when and where we'd be able to stay.

I need to know if I have to make shared reservations with anyone at the hotels that are working with DBR and offering a good discount!

Seriously, I need to know very soon.

Call me or something, please :)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
if i go to genesis lol i already told otis that i'd meet yall up there. so sadness that i won't be going WITH you guys. =[ lol.

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty ill go to that tourney where you have housing at JCz's.

Im not going to Genisis. Im trying to study abroad next semester in Mexico so I need money. I havent even finished applying yet but still, the application says most people get accepted so I have high hopes.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
what happened to kadaj and famous?

Everyones just talkin about it but i dont know whats going on.

And whens H.E.R.B?

rhan

Smash Hero
H.E.R.B is March 21 - 22.

March 21st(Sat) = Melee day

March 22cd(Sun) = Brawl day

I was planning on going until my behind the wheel course got filled up the first day... :(

HERB Thread (Click)

Famous

Smash Champion
what happened to kadaj and famous?

Everyones just talkin about it but i dont know whats going on.

And whens H.E.R.B?

I'll let kadaj explain his half...Here is what happened to me

I teamed with Drk Pch for doubles...we were doing good until random BS started to happen

In singles pools I 2-0'ed everyone except for Chu and DMBrandon(Only beat DM once btw)...I played another guy and lost the 3rd round...I was guranteed 3rd seed to make it out of brackets until someone in my pool got DQ'ed...this gave another person 2 extra wins giving him 3rd seed...

I felt like firing someone Mario style but I later got over it...I got to play alot of other known Mario/Luigi mains as well...Lol, I played AlphaZealot and barely lost...I missed the UpB after the glide toss on the last stock...

rhan

Smash Hero
That's some bull. I get infuriated just thinking about it. I think it was only fair if you already played the guy to give you a 2-0 over him. You got jipped for real. Sorry to hear about that though. It's very unfortunate.

Actually COT4 had a lot of bad luck going around... :(

At least you got to play higher skilled players. Win any MM's??? Lol :)

JWolf

Smash Cadet
wow i woulda burned that motha****a downnnnnnnn.

Why the dude get DQ'd anyway haha

Famous

Smash Champion
Didn't get to MM...Peeps were acting like douches..for some reason Mario mains tend to get disrespected by anyone who doesn't main a low or mid tier character...Including Boss

Btw, there were soo many Marth's, Snakes and MK mains there...Only 4 Mario mains and 5 Luigi mains...2 Yoshi mains(one was actually decent)...The list goes on..

EDIT] the guy just didn't show back...so he got DQ'ed

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Famous, he didn't get DQ'ed. He forfeited because he was already screwed for third seed. I'm sorry that they switched me over to your pool dude, Chibo messed up and originally put me with my team/crew mate.

Also if we use inui logic and your luigi 2-0'ed his luigi, how do you think it would have played out if him and I were to have played it out? (Which I honestly wished happen)

Three Virginia players in the same pool was stupid though. =[

Edit: btw you can't remember my name? We went to ****ing taco bell together afterwards! Heart breaker. :p

Famous

Smash Champion
I'm over it man...It's just the fact that it happened...

Lol, he tried tried counter picking Rainbow Cruise against me...and I was DDD =/

I still have no clue on how he beat Chu that one round...

EDIT] I remember you, lol..Me, you Esoj and gonzo were talking for quite a while...Then Esoj was asking about those pills, lol

rhan

Smash Hero
Didn't get to MM...Peeps were acting like douches..for some reason Mario mains tend to get disrespected by anyone who doesn't main a low or mid tier character...Including Boss

Btw, there were soo many Marth's, Snakes and MK mains there...Only 4 Mario mains and 5 Luigi mains...2 Yoshi mains(one was actually decent)...The list goes on..

EDIT] the guy just didn't show back...so he got DQ'ed
Now that is stupid. I'm total opposite. I respect lower tier mains because I know how hard it can be to play that certain character.

And no one wanted to MM? What a bust. I MM even though I know I'm gonna lose most of the time. It's just fun to play people and get a extra excitement boost.

.....After rereading what I typed....I think might have a gambling problem... :(

Famous

Smash Champion
I remember you dude...

That other Luigi main you played in brackets, Biglou, is pretty well known for his Luigi..I tried playing him but we had to leave early...

I also tried finding you to say bye before we left...

EDIT] Rhan, peeps did want to MM..it was the fact of getting on a TV to actually play...

we were also supposed to do some stuff on livestream but everytime we asked it was like 50 people before us

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Haha, I'm sure you do. I was just messing with you. :p

And yes, biglou ***** my ****. He's so good at reading and never misses an fsmash.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
You already know I'm going to genesis and CH3...

I have to whip TC1 a$$ at genesis
He's talking about Brawl till you fall (VG Bootcamp) tourny Rob

And yes toasty you know I'm there :)

BTW you owe me $5 envar :grin:

I'll tell you guys what happened in singles in person. (too much typing)

and Riku that was a friendly we were just messing around waiting for our doubles match.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
I really think I'm going to be able to attend this now:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218000

but only because I'm really excited about going and helping and playing in it...not because I actually think I can make it XD

whoever rides with me already has housing at JCz's farm like for Critical Hit 3

this will be the last time I travel before Genesis unless it's like to Richmond and at the absolute furthest Chu's or Raleigh.

who's with me?!

AND YO ANYONE WHO IS GOING ON THE TRIP WITH ME AND OTIS TO GENESIS, WE NEED TO EFFING GET TOGETHER AND DISCUSS THIS! We need to finalize stuff SOON because i plan on buying my plane tickets in the next week or two.

Otis: please please please get confirmation on dates as to when and where we'd be able to stay.

I need to know if I have to make shared reservations with anyone at the hotels that are working with DBR and offering a good discount!

Seriously, I need to know very soon.

Call me or something, please :)
im on it man. im going to seattle next week and i SHOULD be in cali the week after so ill let you know asap

whodat

Smash Apprentice
So is the official date for the next tournament the 28th? I kinda need to know these things.

D0N

Smash Ace
Tre the 28th is a national brawl tourny in maryland...

Thats March 28th. I think he ment is toasty throwing the sova tourney on Feb 28th... Which I dont know if he is...

Unless there is another national thing I dont know about.

CStick

Smash Lord
well, I had originally planned on going to HERB, but unfortunately a pile of credit on my balance and about 900 bucks needed in the next month for my car an insurance means that I may end up going broke or in debt a week or so before the tourney.

Hopefully I can scrounge up some money and the time off, though.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Don you're correct as to what I meant.

Isn't the CNU tournamnet Melee only? If so then I'm most likely not going to go.

rhan

Smash Hero
Don you're correct as to what I meant.

Isn't the CNU tournamnet Melee only? If so then I'm most likely not going to go.
A while ago Toasty and CNU had some thoughts about trying to get 2 rooms. One room dedicated to Brawl and the other to Melee. Nothing has been confirmed yet but I guess they have discussed it. I still wanna know what's up CNU/Toasty. Give us some info. The 28th isn't that far away. :)

Top Bottom