• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i can't. i'm going to a tourney today at like 4 or something. no it's not smash haha. =P. i can friday. since no school. haha. when are you planning to leave?

D0N

Smash Ace
I would say why dont we see what they want to play, but this IS smash boards... I dont know what everyone can play besides that. And maybe some powerstone there just for fun.

We can let them add some kind of catch to the rule set like all random stages and/or characters or something completely out there like items just for the hell of it if they wanted (NOT suggesting those, just giving examples so everyone gets the idea). That would be side mainly though since it wouldnt really attract others to come and we want alot of people.

Whodat did a Marvel tourney where people would draw names from a hat to see who they would use. We could do something similar except put things like "pick your main, but lose one stock" on the slips of paper.

Everyone keep in mind that this isnt an excuse to throw another tourney and be creative.

And I dunno what happened but hope all is well Mashi

Famous

Smash Champion
lol, thanks...I'll try not to get ***** too bad...I just hope I don't go against a DDD first round...I also hope my pool is easy...Doubt it though.

I'll be glad enough to make it out of pools

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
...khalil doesnt play smash period anymore >_>
we should set up balderdash in the corner :D

and good luck famous/kadaj. just do a bunch of short hop triple lasers and youll be good

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty- the 28th would be best for me because on the 21st there is another tournament I plan on attending

Kadaj- If you can come over today

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
hmm...it seems Khalil might be attending a different party >_>

I wouldn't force him to come to this anyway since he doesn't play Smash anymore.

hmmm I don't want to crap on CNU's event, but at the same time, I'll take a poll:

if I held a tourney for Brawl [again, only specifying because Whodat mentioned there should be another one before he leaves, which I don't mind :)] on the 28th, who would come that WOULD have gone to CNU if I wasn't holding anything [I'm not expecting a certain answer, I'm just throwing the question out there]

Good luck SoVa at CoT4, I'll be able to see the live feed on sunday :)

rhan

Smash Hero
STARS will try to be at CNU. High chance for the others, but myself is still up in th air.

But we might lose Pitzer....He kinda favors Brawl more then Melee. But who knows. He might appear with us, might not. We always can get a ride to CNU anyway. It's right around the corner. :)

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Good luck to all SoVA players going to COT4. Wish I could be there with you all. I will be watching the live feed so just know that I'm gonna still be cheering for you all.

On another note. I know there are 2 separate groups of people (Melee and Brawl) but can't we run a tournament that has both? I mean I'm leaving soon and I just kinda want to be around the smash community.

Ether

Smash Ace
On another note. I know there are 2 separate groups of people (Melee and Brawl) but can't we run a tournament that has both? I mean I'm leaving soon and I just kinda want to be around the smash community.
This sounds good. Aren't there two rooms CNU can reserve? We can split it up like that if we need space.

toasty

Smash Hero
if you get another room, I'll run Brawl.

nooowwww let's talk about festivitieeezzzz ^_^

or at least..iunno...some snacks and fooood?

CNU, we can discuss this in person if you like...I can come through after work some time next week

also...if you haven't already, subscribe to my youtube page cuz vids should be going up this weekend

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

Malco: I still don't have Ether vs. Geos and some others I think :(

I won't have much of a chance to do this tomorrow, so if I don't, can someone else post the live stream link for CoT4 in this thread once it's available?

We gotta cheer on our SoVa reps ^_^

toasty

Smash Hero
I'm at work so I can't be on AIM :(
I'll be back home maybe around 6 or something...any chance you can upload it to yousendit or filefront so that you won't have to be on at the same time as me tonight? just PM me the link once it's uploaded if you're able to. No worries if you can't :)

thanks

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Ill be at work by then.
Ok what do you have and what dont you have what converter/editor did you use for that video?

toasty

Smash Hero
uhh...I'm not at home so it's hard for me to remember buuut

I have Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals for teams

I have Losers Finals and Grand Finals for singles [question: did the end of the first set get cut off? I don't remember having the Green Greens match between Tope/LoZR...I think you ran out of memory at that point]

I have some random friendlies

I don't remember what else I have :(

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
yeah your match with Jwolf and I.
But I have it.

Edit: It will always say I'm online but Ill be at work toasty when I get off if your on Ill send what u want.

Corigames

Smash Hero
YES!

I really wanted the match against JWolf because it was so intense and very close. I wanted to study that with extreme discretion.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm cool with this. I'll proabably hop from both rooms if this happens.

But I'm only down if people can be mature and respect each game. *CoughIVcoughKadajcougH* (jk to both people lol)

But yeah just respect is enough for me. I hate conflict. Just bashing on either game will only cause people to become upset, lead into conflict, and just escalade into potential violence. We don't want that now. Right? :3

Edit: Also there are a lot of people in our community that play both games and couldn't choose between the two. It's only right. :3

Top Bottom