• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I am, Kadaj. I definitely wanna play Brawl this week. (Wednesday esp)

There will also be two short notice BRAWL tournaments this month.

BlackG wants to throw one very soon [probably the 14th or something]...I told him to make an account so he could announce his own **** and also eliminate my tedious role as the middle man for everything XD

I want to throw a rather large SOVA event...it may have more than just Brawl but we'll see...it'll probably be quick Brawl tourney run as fast as possible [teams and singles :)] and then a whatever fest the rest of the time.

I want this **** to be a PARTY.

Why?!?!

BECAUSE IT IS ONE!!!

We're saying farewell to two beloved SoVa cats in March, so yeah, it'll be a farewell party for them

Details on this laaaaaaaaater...

toasty

Smash Hero
Why Don'y You announce this FEb 14th tourny NOW and broadcast it to OOS/Nova or whoever so that it's not just the same 10 ppl showing and there isn't enough for a legitimate tourny?!?!?!

I'll help you advertise for it if you want I guess
it's not confirmed yet [hopefully by the end of the day]
it's not my tournament
I don't feel like doing **** for it right now so yeah if you wanna hype it up and spread the word, be my guest :)

I'll help in what minor ways I can, though!

toasty

Smash Hero
Ah, I see...

btw, I forgot to mention one of my favorite moments from Saturday.

:::on the live feed:::

toasty: Cow, there are 41 ENTRANTS AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!! WTF!!!
Cow: "wow that's crazy"
*moments later*
toasty: oh ****, Ether and CStick are playing right now!!!
Cow: holy **** ETHER'S THERE?!?! That's far more impressive than 41 people...

edit:

i'm curious as well. who is leaving? O.O
lmao, but no really:
Whodat and Khalil

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i was actually on page 803 when i posted that...i didn't even see a page 804. haha. sorry. =P

toasty

Smash Hero
so I've spent ONE day in my life [last week] giving serious effort to playing Falco in Melee...[in case you didn't understand that, I've NEVER tried to play Falco before...oh wait that's a lie, okay it was like ONE day for an hour ages ago, **** don't count]

If I play Melee friendlies again soon, I'll probably be going all Falco with some Marth/Fox here and there.

I'd appreciate any and all pointers people can give me if/when we play ^_^

gahhh I need to play some Brawwwwlllll this weeek!!! But I'm even more sick now than I was at the tournament :( Dunno when I can play...

rhan

Smash Hero
so I've spent ONE day in my life [last week] giving serious effort to playing Falco in Melee...[in case you didn't understand that, I've NEVER tried to play Falco before...oh wait that's a lie, okay it was like ONE day for an hour ages ago, **** don't count]

If I play Melee friendlies again soon, I'll probably be going all Falco with some Marth/Fox here and there.

Pointer 1) Don't get sent off.
Pointer 2) Camp gayzers
Pointer 3) Shines send up. (OHOHOH I'm so healp fullz)
Pointer 4) Go back to your low tiers. I'm lonely...

Generic and basic pointers. :3

toasty

Smash Hero
Nah Famous I'm not, sadly...

I don't think I can make it to Kadaj's on Thursday but Wednesday is good times for meeee ^_^

haha thanks Rhan >_>

What's with the timing for waveshining with Falco? it's ****ing me up since I play Fox and the timing is (seems) way different... [particularly the timing of how soon/late you have to hit jump after shining]

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman

gahhh I need to play some Brawwwwlllll this weeek!!! But I'm even more sick now than I was at the tournament :( Dunno when I can play...
finally you see the falco light :)

falco's wd is a tad slower timing.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
you watch me play falco then copy repeat. =]. i freaking hate marth...i think just falco/fox from now on.

fox wave shine is instant.
falco however you have to delay. wave dashing so close to the shine will cause a jump.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
What's with the timing for waveshining with Falco? it's ****ing me up since I play Fox and the timing is (seems) way different... [particularly the timing of how soon/late you have to hit jump after shining]
yeah, the timing 4 waveshining is a little different along with wavedashing as well. as 4 the timing, idk either.

Ether

Smash Ace
Ah, I see...

btw, I forgot to mention one of my favorite moments from Saturday.

:::on the live feed:::

toasty: Cow, there are 41 ENTRANTS AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!! WTF!!!
Cow: "wow that's crazy"
*moments later*
toasty: oh ****, Ether and CStick are playing right now!!!
Cow: holy **** ETHER'S THERE?!?! That's far more impressive than 41 people...

edit:
hahaha, some of my friends and I lol'd

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
rofl jeezes haha nice lozr =P. i wanna play brawl weds. i have no school weds. so hmm. gimme the updates on that. time and stuff.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
mashi anytime after 3 is good. i'll call you around that time

lozr make sure you bring dr pp :)

I wish famous could come over weds but he has school on thursday :(
btw famous is **** for those of you who don't know...lol

el chocolate diablo for life! also me and famous will mm team mm any1 3 out of 5 set :)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
okay man just hit it up =P. i'll probably bring SK along if he wanna come.

toasty

Smash Hero
ahhhh okay that was, for some reason, the one thing I didn't try [to slow it down]...I kept trying to wavedash faster and faster out of shine :( Falco is...bizarre. It also blows that I almost NEVER full jump out of shine so I blow at pillaring...

Day 2 did shed some light on a few things though...

MaSHi --- I wanna hang out wednesdayyy...maybe I'll come through to PUNGO!?!?! hmmmmm perhaps! ^_^ and yeah I mean like...from the morning on hahaha

We need to hit up Pungo Pizza =D!!!

my *** is callin in sick. XD

hmm...I do need some Nyquil though

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha i wouldn't be able to chill late weds though =[. i have school in the morning haha. are you gonna be at kadaj's?

Top Bottom