• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Lol told you son, Sonic is to f***in fast not to run. You don't even need to roll, just run past the mofo lol.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hi SlashTalon, how has ur day been?

shaeman asked a couple pages ago if u had the ssbm vids from the first thunderdome. im actually also interested in them. i personally would like to see my matches and screw ups vs mashi. thanks in advance.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
O-No, Shaeman and I see the 7th as a potentially good date for us. Potential problems include transportation distance and venue fee; if i plan far enough in advanve transportation might not be an issue, but can we have logistics on venue fee and how the place likes to run tournies. I couldnt tell from the site exactly how this will go down. Are we being charged by the hour? How long should we expect to stay? etc.

Like I said, I just need info to plan ahead and confirm transportation. Hope to meet u in person soon! Thanks.
you might wanna bring money for food or bring food yourself, other than that all your paying is 10$ venue fee and your in all night.

im personally running ALL the tourneys. 5$ entry standard rule set for all games. staff will be on site but there more or less just chaperones ( but that work well because parents wont have anything to worry about)

breakdown...
10$ venue
5$ per tourney
food money.

its from 12pm - 8 am. but you can get there sooner if you wish.

SOva on lock, i totally got this ^.^

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
so should we be there by 12pm? or would you have a schedule of the tournies run so we would know if we're gonna be late to one that we wanna play. i know it's a lock in but i mean i don't wanna come early if the games were something i'm horrible at lol. just asking.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Doug, you should go to Slash's on wednesdays whenever you're free. it's pretty awesome ^_^ ****load of setups too [minimum of 3 at all times...well, 2 until Koorii gets a new power chord], but lots of space and a bunch of players go there

I'd love to see how they handle DK lmao, that **** is sooo deceptive!!! x_X

EDIT:
So the venue fee does... something important? Power a time-space fluctuation device? Charity? Thicken your wallet?
don't be a noob son...it's a place of business. they have to make money somehow. It's not like it's Otis's house or something.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Hi SlashTalon, how has ur day been?

shaeman asked a couple pages ago if u had the ssbm vids from the first thunderdome. im actually also interested in them. i personally would like to see my matches and screw ups vs mashi. thanks in advance.

My day is pretty boring actually...
Anyway,:
1. The vids are on my external HD
2. They are using ALOT of space on one file
3. In order to move them over to my laptop I need to have adequate space on my laptop
4. Which I don't have at the moment due to the current amount of Brawl vids already on my laptop.
5. I have been diligently trying to get all the Brawl vids onto youtube to clear up space and if you don't have any experience in uploading and compressing vids...it is a very time consuming process.

I apologize that this has been a long drawn out process, but as I have stated before, when I have the freetime to upload them; I will.

On top of that, I am out of town right now so I can't even start till I get back =/

If I were to get payed I may be able to get them sooner...haha jk...but seriously

toasty

Smash Hero
Slash...I know exactly how you feel :( that **** video thread never happened...I was a really disorganized dream of mine and ended up just being really time consuming for no reason at all.

speaking of which, I think I have about 16 GB of smash on my laptop I can get rid of

and of course, I still can't find the **** power adapter for my external harddrive. Gusto's in all its fatiness devoured it ;_____________;

so no one at Gusto's/Slash's ended up with some random power adapter????

btw: compressing is a *****. BTW: Slash...are you using the multivideo uploaded on youtube? that way you can upload multiple vids at one time [I'm pretty sure you're doing this anyway] and they can be up to 1GB in size [though unless you got a Director account on YouTube ages ago, it's still 10 Minute time limit]

IrArby

Smash Ace
Oh word? Thought it was another thing at otis' place. My bad man.
Yo Trey you going to this? When and where I'm ready to get my *** handed to me again. I haven't been able to do any friendlies since I got back since my car was gettin fixed but now its ok I guess. Just give me a call or pm if you wanna play some time before.

toasty

Smash Hero
Like I said a month and a half ago...

Hampton is pretty **** good @_@
Good **** at the tourney yesterday guys. That was a lot of fun to watch and hilarious trying to sneak those friendlies in...when there were 2 setups.......... for a 30+ tournament. >_>

Sorry I couldn't get there..you know, 4 hours earlier so I could enter. and YAYUHHZ GC/DC still made top 3 ^_^ good **** boosebooseboose

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Kadaj won? Go figure... him and fear are in the same crew too... he has a nice DK too. I completly squandered that tourney tho -_- Oh well, but im down for playing wed... i need to pick up a snake counter... probably pikachu. Mashi you better be there so I can play your snake.

EDIT: Does anyone have one extra spot for a hampton player to ride to C3? I believe that i aleady have 3 people riding (It might be 2, but im pretty sure it's 3) , and they have 3 people that want to come.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Good **** 2 every1 at the tourny yesterday it was very fun. I can't wait till c3. O yea does any1 have ether's phone # I have his old one but its disconnected now. I gotta plau him some more. Toasty toast! Lol those friendlies that were snuck in were pretty fun. Yesterday after the tourny I practiced some more and I found out some nice setups.

O and that would be cool if there were more people who could host rides up for some members of p$c (hampton)

Later.....

toasty

Smash Hero
haha, thanks. I can't believe no one was even like "yeah, I can spare one or two (or 5?) bucks so Ether can join in"

Ether...aside from us wanting you to go in general [even if it's just to hang out, since you haven't been able to play Brawl so you probably wouldn't want to enter into the tournament], a bunch of NoVa cats are asking you to come :) Actually, Chu asked that you and The Doug come up but I know Doug won't be able to because of work, sooo that leaves you.

Ether

Smash Ace
Wow, thanks guys. Chu personally invited me? Wow.

But I really don't think I can make it, sorry. I will, however, try to make O-NO's tourney on the 7th. Does anyone want to team with me? I'll probably enter both Brawl and Melee and maybe even 3rd Strike.

toasty

Smash Hero
nooooooooooooooooooooo ;__________;

oh well, NO SQUANDERS ON THE 7TH THEN. No excuses...it's an overnight thing, you couldn't POSSIBLY have work >_> but yeah, Chu wanted you to be there for the festivities the night before :(

I'll be dropping off my Wii at your place after C3. We do frequently play at Slash's place, and it's not too far from where you work :) I'm sure someone nearby could pick you up and you can get into brawl and then play me, Mashi, and Jeff in Melee ^_^

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Hmm, Friday, ill ask everyone. Im personally trying to come to your place everyday Wens-Friday to get some practice in. I dont know about the rest of KF though, as 2 of our crew members are still pending on brawl. We are still trying convince them to come around on it.

And Toasty i would love to play with you, Mashi, and Ether in melee. I really should cut down on it though, and focus a lot more on brawl. im upset with my performance on sunday. :(

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah I won't be able to play Melee again until after C3.

As for practice...I would love to get more practice against Hampton. Please see if you guys can get a ride out to Slash's in Norfolk some time this week [starting tomorrow] so we can play before C3. I need as much Snake/Olimar/G&W/Mario practice as I can get. I never get to play against those chars...oh and Ness/Lucas toooo.

@ Schoolie: you're like 10 minutes away from me now, we need to play. ROB DITTOS SON. And Lucas/Olimar Vs. ROB for good measure :)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Wow, thanks guys. Chu personally invited me? Wow.

But I really don't think I can make it, sorry. I will, however, try to make O-NO's tourney on the 7th. Does anyone want to team with me? I'll probably enter both Brawl and Melee and maybe even 3rd Strike.
I'll team with you.
Roy and Marth team.

Who do you use in brawl?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
whos gonna team with me for the brawl tourney on the 7th?

ether...melee teams?

also, if anyone wants to practice up for 3s, melee, brawl...ill have a date set soon fora session at my place. i havent played anything in a while.

i still need to learn brawl, lol.

D0N

Smash Ace
I wanna practice in brawl, I dont really know anyone though. Anyone wanna invite a newcomer to practice? Im not a bad house guest and I wanna work on my DK.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
we love new players in SoVA, just stay active on this thread and youll know when new tourneys and fests are going down.

i may be hosting a tourney/fest/practice session the weekend of the 30th. ill get details on it later. just know there will be brawl, melee and street fighter 3.

anyone that wants to money match in powerstone 2 (2v2 teams) is welcome to come get mopped also ^.^

D0N

Smash Ace
Cool, thanks for the warm welcome. I was in the tournament sunday, I tied for 9th. I think I did ok for my first tourney and I saw some really skilled players there that I could learn from.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
oh hey were you the DK player with dreads/glasses? i didnt get to watch any of your matches but i was impressed a DK went that far. good stuff
<--caboose (3rd)

D0N

Smash Ace
Interview With Ripple

1. What's your favorite song from the Donkey Kong Country series?

2. What do you think they could change about DK in the next smash game?

3. Off the top of your head, can you name the species that each member of the DK crew belongs to?

4. Do you know of any DK tricks that not many other DK mains know about?

5. What's the best way to deal with Falco's laser/phantasm camping?

6. Who would win a tug of war, DK or Bowser?
1. my favorite song would actually have to be the nain theme music.

2. Dash attack, up-b needs its knockback back, needs to not get ***** by people who are grab happy

3. DK/cranky=ape
diddy=chimpanzee
lanky= orangutan
chunky= lowland gorilla
tiny=monkey

4. D-throw>f-smash combo on olimar

5. I may actually show this in a video later, but its very simple. you needs to get close and d-smash BEFORE he does a short hop single laser. if he does a double laser, you can't really punish it so keep shielding

6. DK would, 4 hands >2 claws

I have a question. Let's say DK for some reason was banned (I know it makes no sense, just go with it), who else would you use?
I wouldn't be playing this game if DK wasn't in it. dedication right there :p

Alright, here's me playing the part of the head interviewer...

1.Blondes, brunnetts, or redheads?

2.What is the best advice you could give the average DK player?

3.What was your greatest victory?

4.What move would you change or add to DK?

5.What is DKs most underated move?

6.How do you deal with camping? Are you good at dealing with it?

7.How much do you feel you can improve your game with DK?

8.How do you prepare yourself mentally for tourneys and big matches?

9.How long is your smash career?
1. actually I've always been attracted to girls with black hair for some reason. but since my girlfriend is a redhead I might have to go with that.... :p

2. Hmmmmm..... I would have to say that they need to work on speed. DK can be played abnormally fast for his size and I believe that that is a very important factor for becoming a top level DK player. Don't always focus on DK's ground game even if it is probably one of the best in the game, take to the air, I'm probably one of the only DK's that prefers using DK's air game rather than his ground game.

3. well, honestly I don't have too many great acomplishments but I would say it would be beating domo at a tournament.

4. definitely going to change dash attack, even though it has its uses, its a terrible move. the damage it deals doesn't make up for it. add more invincibility frame to aerial up-b, because 4-6 doesn't make sense. should be 1-6. more SA frames on punch too, needs at least 3 more before the punch comes out

5. I would say F-smash. I don't see many DK players using this often at all. just ask ook, F-smash edgeguards better than any of DK's other attcks.

6. I can deal with camping but I'm not the best at getting in. I can deal with falco's lasers the best actually because I know how to punish them very heavily. I actually can not deal with toon link at all though

7. I don't know if I can improve my DK that much more actually. I feel my DK can't be played much faster, but I feel like the choices I make to punish could improve quite a bit. I just need to break out and get some confidence

8. I usually play the top level players that are there and that usually boosts my game because oddly enough, I beat them. In friendlies recently, I beat everyone that game to play me including UTD zac, Hylian, kos-mos, and bwett

9. My career has been around 4 years so far (mostly melee), but I don't know how much longer it'll last. 1 more year at least unless I still can't break out. but don't worry, I'll always be around

For a second I thought Ripple was asking himself questions because of the mew avatar. XD
everyone took my avatar after a while, I think that SWF actually incorporated it when they updated profile pics last time. (D0N's note: not a question, but worth counting as one)

Do you like melee DK or brawl DK better? (did you just ignore this on purpose the first time?)
I actually missed it.

I prefer melee DK than brawl DK. I just like speed and combos more than what brawl DK has to offer.

toasty

Smash Hero
<--caboose (3rd)
lmao...btw, why'd you guys have to leave yesterday :( :( :( such epic matches the other night!!! what was it...at least 3 hours of ROB vs. Ike?!?! I learned soooo many trixies that time...*sigh*

anyway, I'll see you guys saturday ^_^

Also: I've got room for like 26 hours of footage. SoVa vs. NoVa will be too good. [also, Tope (if he ends up riding with me), Isra, and probably Geos or whomever will be playing for SoVa]

Top Bottom