• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I would love to play you guys more often than in just tournament play, but you all live like mad far from me. It really sucks though. I all I get to do is play my teammates (TBFN). Yeah I've traveled to a couple tourneys and all and I do have experience playing against most of the cast. I kinda wish there was more of a central spot for us guys not on the other side of the bridge tunnel to play against.

I was also up at ODU a lot, but I didn't know where the people there played so it kinda sucked.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
you should play the guys at CNU [uh...well, during the semester >_>] they're great :)

if you're ever up at ODU...I dunno man, we all stopped playing on campus and usually just go to Slash's [laggy TVs plus people who are simply wastes of life...and Slash's is infinitely better]

I would love to play against you and TBFN more than.......once >_>

guess we'll figure it out somehow?

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
and @ Jeff...I'm not too familiar with Kempsville...what about road names in that area...are you near Kemps/Indian River intersection? [not that I'm close to it, but it's the part I'm most familiar with in Kempsville]
I live by the intersection of Kempsville Road and Princess Anne, By Baxter and real close to pembroke mall.

toasty

Smash Hero
ooooh **** that's not far from where I work at all! [the office is by the corner of Princess Anne and Newtown]

rofl@MaSHi

ALSO!!!

BIG PROBLEM FOR ANYONE WANTING TO GO TO THE LOCK-IN.

There will no longer be one. **** happens, "why" isn't the point. Now we need to figure out housing for some people...I'll give more information when I get it. A room at the hotel we're staying at is like $99 and you can [if you don't mind sleeping on the floor with a less than luxurious amount of space] fit like 7-8 people in one room. I'll see what I can do about reducing the cost [meaning: we'll share the burden]...again, no promises, only suggestions.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
@Slash: Thx for squandering on me last night man. Definitely was planning on getting some practice end, but because of you I had to hang out with my co-workers and drink shots of Everclear instead (now my throat wont stop burning.)

Toasty, 99$ for real? Is that all the rooms total? Wut is the spilt?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
this is bad now not only do i need 2 find a ride 2 c3 now i need 2 find a place 2 stay! if there is any1 out there who can help out please let me know i am really lookin forward 2 c3 i do not mind helping to pay for gas or contributing to help pay for some kind of housing and again if any1 and i mean any1 can help please dont hesitate to let me know.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol i live the farthest. at least i still got FTZ. but he quit. lol. there is envy, but.....*sad face*....malco...hit me up for mvc2 today. =]

toasty

Smash Hero
this is bad now not only do i need 2 find a ride 2 c3 now i need 2 find a place 2 stay! if there is any1 out there who can help out please let me know i am really lookin forward 2 c3 i do not mind helping to pay for gas or contributing to help pay for some kind of housing and again if any1 and i mean any1 can help please dont hesitate to let me know.
omg...please pay attention to people's posts when you've asked for rides. People have already been offering. >_> They probably didn't PM you because a few people need rides. look through the posts to see who's offering rides [it'd be wise to click on your own name and go to "show posts" that you've made and then go to those to see what the responses were.]

Also your hope for housing isn't lost. You were going to spend..what..10 bucks at the lock-in? something like that? If I can work some brown magic, and you go to the hotel, you'll still be spending 10 bucks. You'll just have a crap load of people staying in one room. But it's a large room [if my info is correct, I will double check]

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Well then I guess we'll make our own lock-in at the hotel lol. But yeah people have definitely offered rides... like I know this one guy named Dobee... heard he's pretty cool. He'll give you a ride.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
so its def raining again meaning...

Tdome must be open!

@Kahlil: Sorry man i felt ill last night for some reason (allergies?) I had ask everyone to leave. I'm fine today if you wanna get some practice

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I'm down for the mult-person room thing. I'm taking one other person. Anyone have a room open for two extra? Otherwise we'll just leave SoVA at 5:00AM. I can bring my setup for hotel lockin, I've got a small TV with no lag, a Wii + Brawl, GCN + Melee, and my Wii has Smash 64 on it. :) Just PM me if you can add us.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
lol i live the farthest. at least i still got FTZ. but he quit. lol. there is envy, but.....*sad face*....malco...hit me up for mvc2 today. =]
Ahhh sorry I didnt check the boards after school!!! But I had work anyways Im off tomorrow but things might get complicated......text me!

Tdome must be open!
I got your text, but sorry never during Mon-Thurs!
Mothers rules.:ohwell:

toasty

Smash Hero
Important!!!

much potential for greatness Otis. sooo many setups @_@ Although: everyone...bring your effing Wii with all the chars/stages...because they don't have them. *sigh*

EDIT: OTIS---can you make me a list of the bare essentials of info for your lock-in tourney? I'll see if I can get a cool flier made or just a regular paper one I can distribute...or something to drop in PMs to people I know in NC or wherever

*what doesn't have potential for greatness? other people staying in that hotel. I wouldn't be able to help out anyone that isn't already staying with us. I'm sorry. I don't want to get Billy's friend fired.

Here's what I suggest: go to hotwire or priceline etc. Look around/in Ashburn VA. (and Billy has done some research on your behalf to ensure the possibility of cheaper housing...but you have to act soon in case pricing is time-sensitive) He said there were some rooms priced around 60 or whatever...go splitzies with a group of friends or whomever you're driving up with.

Try talking to anyone you might know who lives on the way (like Richmond) and see if they can house a few of you. EDIT#2 I think Tope mentioned housing some SoVa kids. PM him and see if he can help you out. PM smashers that you may have talked to in the past on the boards or whatever if they live anywhere near or on the way to C3.

This has GOT to be beyond advanced notice. Don't blame me if you can't find housing :) Sorry I couldn't help everyone out (so says Billy, as well), but this is the last I'll be doing for finding people housing. You're on your own people

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Yo Toasty, how much is the hotel you're staying in at regular price?

Edit: I've looked up some rooms, and for hotwire they only allow 4 people per room. And depending on how far each hotel is from C3, the price will be around $12-$15 per person. So yeah, just to let everyone who's riding with me, have ya monies ready lol

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm squandering C3. My lawyer gave me the predicted lowdown, and it isnt pretty :( I'll keep my license of course, but...

anyways, I'll be at the lock-in. Lemme know if anyone is up for smashing in SoVA. School is officially out for the summer for me.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Yes sir.

T-Dome is once again open today/tonight. Thia is the last day for me until c3 so come get some practice!

EDIT: I lied I can probably host the thurs/fri before c3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
there's a tourney this sunday right? time, place, rules, games? i'm sorry if i didn't see it. lol. anybody got info?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
its in newport news. at play around.

im not sure about times.

Toasty, ill try to get you that info today. if you have a good brawl rule set you wanna throw my way, ill use it. otherwise ill just end up using the C3 one ( i may do that anyway).

the nice people at the store said if i get this info to them they would whip up some fliers also.

ALSO, im hosting ANOTHER ssbm/ssbb tourney at there store mid-late june. (around the 15th or so i think)

stay alert SoVA, many tourneys coming this summer.

Xion, Slash and, anyone else that lays Call of duty. theres gonna be a 2v2 tourney at there store also. i dont have the dates on me but i will later today. PM me if you want the info.

toasty

Smash Hero
okay, I'll do that when I get a chance, Otis...

also: Newport News tournament

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164773

1. Time is 3pm. Try to be there earlier for setting up and casuals.
2. No age requirement. We don't have some meter that says "You must be this old to beat people in fighting games".
3. If consoles are free then I don't see a problem. However not only is our room small, it will also be used by other people for another tourney. So it me be more of a matter of space then anything.

Five more days folks....let's see how this thing goes....

Top Bottom