• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
i guess we're going to this one [the N.N. brawl tourney this saturday

EDIT: and whats the address to otis's "epic venue"?
Here's their site with address and whatnot:

http://www.hiscoregaming.com/

The only problem with the venue is the lag on their HDTV's. People need to bring setups. They have 2 CRT TV's in the "retro room," which are fine. But the rest don't cut it. I'll bring 2 full setups to the lockin.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
rofl you're gayyyyzzzzz. we all got pwnd. i'm never playing outside again. my chinky a$$ lol. also wtf is wrong with my hand. looks like i'm doing something unpleasant. O.O

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
rofl you're gayyyyzzzzz. we all got pwnd. i'm never playing outside again. my chinky a$$ lol. also wtf is wrong with my hand. looks like i'm doing something unpleasant. O.O
dang mashi.......... rofl......

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lmao yeah I just came from work before I went to Slash's for a bit

Also @ Doug: ****ing DK...so good. I'm going to learn Snake, if I ever have time. Might be a month or so before I decide to actually use him for anything serious...seems like intense training is necessary to be **** with him. >_> But yeah, thanks for having me over, you need to get on that Random Stage Selection option

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Hey toasty, I'm ready to play you in melee again.

I've been playing more to keep the skills semi up.

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Sure, im pretty sure oro would love to play you again.

I just got done smashing with him, malco, and bats.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
good. Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3<3<3 I'm so gay for that game
also: bring Malco and Oro along some time so I can play them in Melee too =D
I wanted ndn to be first on my list of people I play in SS, but I guess it will have to be you!
My Falco fears no one!
Except mashi's Falco!

toasty

Smash Hero
oh man...I felt the squander fever today at Jeff's....good **** with your Fox. You and Mashi make it seem like it's hard to read you...but really it's like you just make me screw myself near the edge....fun matches though =D just gimme an hour or two more and I'll be closer to **** status ^_^ and I'll definitely be edgehogging against you and Mashi since you always try to sweetspot EVERY time @_@

oh! and wow @ Jeff for teching FOUR Marth spikes in a row...goooood **** :)

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Thanks, we are all rusty in melee, it's bad. I still L-Cancel into downtilts instead of shines. It was a surprise for you to actually come over. Sorry for the small room. Shhh about sweetspotting everytime, not everyone notices.

Maybe next time we can get some horrid Brawl in, eww hurts just saying it. But the bulk of tournys around here have been and most likely will be brawl, and i'd love to play that ROB of yours :)

Btw, mashi, i don't think we ever played each other in melee, i want to face your CF again like the old times, but no fox dittos, they are ********! And you should def. try to talk to your friend and get to C3, i only want to go if your going, your my ride :)

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah I felt bad when I posted it lolll, sorry? ...okay maybe not. dude, that room was perfectly alright. It had a Melee, a TV, a place to sit, and good people...and no presence of horrid temperatures/humidity levels. Pretty much all I need :) all I need to do is wash my sweaty hands occasionally >_> My Fox needs more training against you guys

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Haha, i was just kidding about the sweetspotting thing, its perfectly fine. It'll be perfect when everyone reads it and I change up...haha, i can't really change it though, because the one time you do, you get a Tipper from Marth :(

I want to pick up falco for fox's, but it hard cuz to SHL you need to use X or Y, and those two buttons are never used on my controller. It'll be fun trying to pick him up though, thats how you keep an old game interesting, picking up a new character.

Maybe thats why i use so many people in brawl, because its so **** boring -_-

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
To answer the last three questions:

1. Time is 3pm. Try to be there earlier for setting up and casuals.
2. No age requirement. We don't have some meter that says "You must be this old to beat people in fighting games".
3. If consoles are free then I don't see a problem. However not only is our room small, it will also be used by other people for another tourney. So it me be more of a matter of space then anything.

Five more days folks....let's see how this thing goes....
:)...............

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
dobee: "forget skill and all the technical bull****, just run around mindgames"

rofl. **** ****. the best hahahaha. =P

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
O-No, Shaeman and I see the 7th as a potentially good date for us. Potential problems include transportation distance and venue fee; if i plan far enough in advanve transportation might not be an issue, but can we have logistics on venue fee and how the place likes to run tournies. I couldnt tell from the site exactly how this will go down. Are we being charged by the hour? How long should we expect to stay? etc.

Like I said, I just need info to plan ahead and confirm transportation. Hope to meet u in person soon! Thanks.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Also @ Doug: ****ing DK...so good. I'm going to learn Snake, if I ever have time. Might be a month or so before I decide to actually use him for anything serious...seems like intense training is necessary to be **** with him. >_> But yeah, thanks for having me over, you need to get on that Random Stage Selection option
good stuff Wednesday toasty mate! your Rob is mean, i'll figure out that projectile someday hehe. and I still cant believe some of his moves kill DK at 110% or even less, and when you survived my spikes every single time I was x.X

might have to make a Wednesday weekly smash fest at my place if more people around Norfolk are interested.

Top Bottom