• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soulcalibur V

finalark

SNORLAX
Saw the trailer for this a while back. To be blunt, I wasn't impressed on how they shoehorned in SCIV footage and then just slapped a V at the end. It feels like they just recycled an unused trailer for SCIV. Although I will admit that I like how awesome Soul Edge looks. Anyway, some stuff I want in V for the 2% of you who care:

- Removal of custom characters
- More game modes
- More fleshed out story mode
- Stage verity
- return to the more colorful menus and generally un-serious tone seen in the previous games
- And pretty much everything else I didn't like about IV needs to be changed too

§leepy God

Smash Master
- Removal of custom characters
- More game modes
- More fleshed out story mode
- Stage verity
- return to the more colorful menus and generally un-serious tone seen in the previous games
- And pretty much everything else I didn't like about IV needs to be changed too
I agree with near everything on your list, especially remove custom characters. I never liked it since SCIII and still don't. But anyways, hyped for SCV. :D

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I liked custom characters, iunno why but that one mode in SC3 was fun. But yeah....SC4 is meh,

D

Deleted member

This is one of those games I buy 8 years later for two dollars. I'm not sure why, but I haven't thoroughly enjoyed a Soul game since the first.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, the series definately isn't what it was. And since Mortal Kombat, MVC3, Arcade Edition, etc, it will need to be great to make a streak of attention. Honestly Mortal Kombat grabbed me, so...

finalark

SNORLAX
I wonder who the guest characters will be. I could see Ezio being a good guest character.
Assuming they get a deal with Ubisoft to include him. Honestly, I would be okay with that. We could have Ezio in one version of the game, The Prince in another and maybe Sam Fisher in a third (assuming that SCV goes to the Cafe).

Matt07

Smash Master
They need to include a Final Fantasy character for PS3, in my opinion. And if they made one for Project Cafe, have Link again haha :D.

:phone:

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Assuming they get a deal with Ubisoft to include him. Honestly, I would be okay with that. We could have Ezio in one version of the game, The Prince in another and maybe Travis Touchdown in a third (assuming that SCV goes to the Cafe).
fixed. travis would fit in really well with the rest of the sc cast. but that's just wishful thinking.

Matt07

Smash Master
Link was mad fun to play. I heard Link was the worst with his standard equipment, but with Fairy Sword he was fairly good. I don't know how reliable that is though.

I wasn't big on Custom Characters I dunno, wasn't a fan of making my own.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Toss Custom characters, make build up characters. You can pick a fighter and level it up. DBZ game did that and it was mad fun.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I much prefer the flexibility of designing my own character with a specific style.

I for one played a custom character using Cervantes' style. :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've heard stuff about him having a guaranteed R.O. combo, but I've never seen anything to confirm it, and I frequently hear he's garbage as a result of bad normals.

I have no idea what to actually believe.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Bomb hits from the starting positions and can infinite combo. If they try and block it, sword rain gets them every time. If they move forward, they can't reach you before the bomb hits and you can back up while they're in the air. If they try to sidestep or roll, keep throwing and it'll eventually hit and if they approach while doing so, there's always that sword spin move. If they try to back off, the bomb will miss but from there it's a simple case of boomerang if they approach, charge bow if they don't.

That covers practically every option, so long as you know how to time the bombs.
Link is a fun character but when he plays cheap he's broken.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Custom characters keep me returning to SCIV time and again. If they were cut, I just probably wouldn't play at all. I love the feature and think it should be expanded upon. Sorry purists.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
At least IV was better balanced than III. Man, if there was ever an award for being the least-balanced fighting game of all time, it would be right behind Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Anywho, Talim is going to be in her 30s in V. This is so weird.

finalark

SNORLAX
Woooooo new trailer, with game play this time.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/s...bo/a-201106031558512099/g-2011051192454494086

Am I the only one who feels like he's watching trailers for an expansion pack rather than an actual sequel? At least with the last four installments all of the games looked different while this time around it looks borderline identical to IV.

If V ends up sucking I'm just going to ask for a reboot at some point.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It really doesn't look that impressive. Then again, I thought the new MK was going to suck, and look how amazing it is.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Was that some kind of new counter mechanic I saw during the first gameplay clip with Pyrrha?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just hope Namco goes back to it's roots the same eat it did with Soul Calibur 2.

Soul Calibur 4..meh alright, could have been better, but SC3 was downright the worst one, not even a special guest! Oh well..

finalark

SNORLAX
but SC3 was downright the worst one, not even a special guest! Oh well..
I don't know, aside from the fact that III was unbalanced as **** I actually liked it quite a bit.

IV was actually pretty good, but I can't help but feel that half of the game's content was cut down on for the sake of custom characters and a nonsense RPG like stat building system that ruined balanced like no other.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Regarding the trailer...

Sidesteps that actually matter, a true combo system, super moves and faster-paced gameplay? Barring some major slip, this is totally day one for me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^
Well as far as SC V goes, I just hope (really hoping) that the characters will be balanced enough to be tourney playable, as far as the speed mechanism goes I hope it isn't slow or clunkly at all, I would ditch character customization options for more balanced game play, easier combo maneuvering, (no button mashers though)

I wouldn't count it as must have, but I wod sure get it

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It seems like it's running on the same engine as SoulCalibur IV, so you probably won't have to worry about them cutting content to make room for the character creation system. They'll just change a few models and text bits and be done. Oh, and I hope they use SoulCalibur III's system of original moveset classes and character clone classes, rather than just clones.

Top Bottom