• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soulcalibur V

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
masmasher ps3 or xbox?

:phone:
xbox
though ill have to hop on the wave again later lmfao and there are a ton of greater people out in playermatches and the collesso and what not

the patch is eh my mains got relatively untouched and got maybe one or 2 minor buffs

i dont agree with what they did to natsu though
i barely play her and that was just wrong nerfing not only damage but her tools
people are gonna have to have a huge reevaluation of the character
tira too
most of it was due to excessive whining and *****ing by people
both of them were solid characters and now they are really lowered in ability...
luckly they fixed fuzzy guard, step g,air control and guard break damage
but some characters got nothing, alot got the stick and now 99% of the game turns into ivy and viola lmfao (probably not but still)

TL?

Smash Ace
xbox
though ill have to hop on the wave again later lmfao and there are a ton of greater people out in playermatches and the collesso and what not

the patch is eh my mains got relatively untouched and got maybe one or 2 minor buffs

i dont agree with what they did to natsu though
i barely play her and that was just wrong nerfing not only damage but her tools
people are gonna have to have a huge reevaluation of the character
tira too
most of it was due to excessive whining and *****ing by people
both of them were solid characters and now they are really lowered in ability...
luckly they fixed fuzzy guard, step g,air control and guard break damage
but some characters got nothing, alot got the stick and now 99% of the game turns into ivy and viola lmfao (probably not but still)
Somehow I don't feel like natsu was nerfed from the whining. People whined about the air throw and bombs, which are both unchanged. Project Soul seems to be balancing off their own ideas.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I downloaded the patch. I haven't used Natsu much yet. Viola damage buffs are nice.
Getting nice damage with just one meter now.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
So what eactly did they change with Natsu?
I already posted the link to the patch notes.
[COLLAPSE="Natsu changes"] 1A (Reaping Hook): decreased damage (34→30). Easier to hit the opponent in down state.
A+B (Scroll of Darkness): shortened opponent’s freeze on hit.
6A+B (Assassin’s Secret): 1st attack no longer stuns opponent on counter hit. Decreased 2nd attack’s damage (12→10).
While standing K (Divine Cannon): lengthened freeze for performing the move. Easier to evade sideways.
While crouching A+B (Poison Dart): no longer stuns opponent on down hit.
22 or 88B (Illusion Scroll): improved issue where 2nd attack sometimes missed after landing 1st attack.
22 or 88K.A (Storm Cloud Scroll): decreased opponent’s freeze on 1st attack counter hit.
11 or 77K (Heavy Burden): launches opponent lower on hit.
During Possession a6 (Air Scroll): decreased damage (20→10).
During Possession a6(just) (Phantom Scroll): decreased damage (20→10).
During Wind Roll B.B.B (Wind Death Sault): decreased opponent’s block freeze on 1st attack. This will make it easier for players to deal with the 3rd attack.
236236A+B+K (Great Curse of Arahabaki): decreased 1st attack’s damage (30→20). Improved issue where 2nd and 3rd attack sometime missed after 1st attack was blocked.
[/COLLAPSE]

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Just introducing myself. Despite the fact that I still don't own a 360 or PS3, Soul Calibur 5 have my interest after the travesty that was Soul Calibur 4. I'll be maining that Elysium to the best of my ability.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, but it's still difficult to be proficient with that many characters even if it's only 8 of them. People who play mimic characters tend to be button mashers online for that reason. It's rather annoying.

TL?

Smash Ace
Elysium is reasonably mainable. She has one of the best CEs in the game and only cycles through a few styles. Not to mention, the female characters are on average very good.

Elysium is a pretty fun mimic actually. I actually use both pyrrhas, hilde, and lexia anyways. Natsu is really easy to use, so I can play her despite rarely picking her. But I know very little about viola, ivy, and tira.

Kilik, on the other hand, would be pretty tough to main. He has to be Aeon, Raph, Sig, and ZWEI. People argue over this, but these characters are either the weaker end of the cast or pretty hard to use. Alpha Pat is really good, but he requires a lot of practice. Kilik doesn't even have his own CE, or really anything unique. He has an extra move as Xiba (22bbb I think?) but that's all I'm aware of.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like the changes that were made to Natsu. And I main Natsu, lol.

smashbot226

Smash Master
So those Astaroth buffs are pretty friggin' sweet. His CE is actually threatening even if you lack further meter for a follow up 22/88b A+B+K and that really is all he needed. Seriously, the pre-patch damage on that thing was laughable in comparison to other CEs.

But Viola's buffs have turned her into a monster. She was already pretty good to my knowledge but now? Good God.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
I felt that she needed a damage boost.

But by the great mother of Osiris, I did not expect this much.
Might as well say the same thing about Tira, but in reverse.

Some silly things on her stood to be toned down, but damn they went seriously overboard.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Viola used to have fantastic combo ability and match control, with low damage output

Edit: After playing a ton of Viola, I can say that she isn't really any different. Just a tad bit better.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Small bumb. Any Viola players on PSN want to play me online?

psn, skype, and aim names are all Krynxe

so add me :)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Got Live sorry :p

Viola is great but she was already good before the patch and the buffs she has got have not made a significant difference. The damage buffs make things a bit easier, around three of her moves have become slightly safer and set-ups such as B+K BE have become reliable. The changes are nice and all but nothing game-breaking.

Same for Leixia but only in a reversed way, the nerfs have impacted her much less than I had imagined and she's still roughly the same.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, my friend is a Viola main and he says that the things they buffed for Viola weren't moves that were particularly useful.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, Im going to try getting good at this game. Currently using Leixia, Hilde, and Dampierre.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
2 Wins from being done with Ezio. i'm at 11Win/40Loss. If I were using Natsu it'd be so much higher.... I look terrible XD

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I only want to play Violas and Algols online right now. I need to get better offline first since I'm not practiced enough.

Those characters because ~95% of my matches are vs a really good Viola player that's a friend of mine, so its my only "good" MU. Algol because that friend decided to switch mains to Algol, and now I need Algol practice. xD

Top Bottom