• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

8Bitman

Smash Master
im winning this thing.

F*** yall scat muncherz!!!!! :laugh:(muahahahahah)

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
all i kno is that im going to money match a lot of ppl and take their money

Suspect

Smash Hero
don't you have to play wifi to get into the MLG tourny?

even if you don't i still say **** MLG

...the hotel prices for this is crazy tho >_>

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no you dont have to play wifi to get into the mlg tourney, online qualifiers are done for all games they run and are just used in order to help get a higher seed at live events if you so choose

Handorin

Smash Hero
rofl good plan

but this tourney seems like it's far less competition for brawl

but the other MLG is in my State and if there's teams at MLG then it's also free win in teams with ally for quite a bit :\

bleh
Teams are confirmed for MLG.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I'll be here.

EDIT: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HOST A BRAWL+ SIDE TOURNEY FRIDAY WHILE MELEE IS HAPPENING? PLZ PLZ PLZ

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Stick it to the man. Make it all melee

Or punch MLG in it's DOME

Yeah I said it.

But seriously. I can't really say anything helpful but I'd just keep brawl even though melee will prolly be bigger now.

Banks

Smash Hero
the fact that brawl for mlg is at the same time as this makes me even more inclined to show up here for melee just to SPITE MLG

i hope (on my selfish side) that they get a small amount of entrants because no brawlers travel.

and that this gets mucho-melee-attendance

[but on the logical side of things, i appreciate MLG including a nintendo game. but...bleeeegh]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea oh well.

maybe ill try and get the pot switched over to melee cuz of mlg...

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
the fact that brawl for mlg is at the same time as this makes me even more inclined to show up here for melee just to SPITE MLG

i hope (on my selfish side) that they get a small amount of entrants because no brawlers travel.

and that this gets mucho-melee-attendance

[but on the logical side of things, i appreciate MLG including a nintendo game. but...bleeeegh]

Spite MLG? For what? Adding in Brawl to a circuit that has had venues/dates booked internally for almost a year? Do you really think we booked this date on purpose to spite someone?

From the posts I have read on this forum, I must say that I am shocked over the animosity and constant bickering. I personally hope every community event does well. Without a strong community, MLG does not work.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Spite MLG? For what? Adding in Brawl to a circuit that has had venues/dates booked internally for almost a year? Do you really think we booked this date on purpose to spite someone?

From the posts I have read on this forum, I must say that I am shocked over the animosity and constant bickering. I personally hope every community event does well. Without a strong community, MLG does not work.
No, they just want Melee on MLG instead of Brawl.

Prawn

Smash Master

Not that it really matters, but its an internet forum. Anybody can register here, and many people just come on here for the sake of pissing other people off.

If you get an impression of how our community is based solely on the occasional argument on the internet then I really think you should re-evaluate how you perceive groups of people. Upon visiting the MLG forums for the first time I found several idiotic posters, several arguments, and a huge rift between Halo 2 and Halo 3 supporters, as well as MoW1 and 2, that closely mirrors that of our community. Does this mean I think everyone in the MLG community are dumb trolls who complain that new games are played instead of old? No, it means that you have trolls/ill-informed people just like every other internet community in existence.

So please hold your judgement.

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
No, they just want Melee on MLG instead of Brawl.
Yeah and I love Halo 1. However, CRTs are being phased out of major retailers, Xboxes have been pulled off of shelves, and original controllers are extinct. There comes a time to move on and we have made a decision to pick up Brawl. I'm very sorry that people are not happy with that decision, but there is NOTHING stopping the Melee fans from continuing to play their favorite game. MLG is not stopping people from continuing to attend Melee events. The hatred is a tad misplaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom