• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hax

Smash Champion
how early do i have to be there on sunday? i really don't wanna have to miss school

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i agree larger tournament should get bonus

but idgaf really gamme is gonna be good as is i think

so about that live dueling game boy chiptune sets
who do i message about getting a set ;o

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No way. We'll totally have Brawl entrants, and I want that bonus all to myself, because I'm going to win.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
This tourney has Melee and I bet the prize money here will be more than @ MLG - WIN

I think that this is good though cuz now Brawl is gonna get REALLY interesting...

Ur gonna have MLG vs GPX for tournies

While MLG may be like the NBA
I see GXP as the AND 1

Both will be interesting and different ways for the Brawl community to thrive

Plus GXP is keeping Melee & having other tourneys like SF4, TvC & other stuff MLG won't have...

So yeah, I'm excited. I'll definitely b @ this 4 BOTH Melee and Brawl :sonic:

EDIT: LMFAO @ MELEE ELITISTS THAT WANT MELEE TO GET BIGGER BONUS!!!

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I would like a schedule of events on their respective days, please.

Seeing as how June 4th is my GRADUATION CEREMONY....I won't be able to compete in pools. Meaning no access to the Melee Singles Bracket
When's the buy-in tourney?

Laijin

Smash Hero
No way. We'll totally have Brawl entrants, and I want that bonus all to myself, because I'm going to win.
I'm 100% sure melee with have more entrants than brawl.
Everyone loves melee.
Not everyone loves brawl.

Pretty logical right? I think so.
Plus just look at Pound 4. Largest tournament ever. Almost twice the amount of melee entrants compared to brawl entrants.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm 100% sure melee with have more entrants than brawl.
Everyone loves melee.
Not everyone loves brawl

Pretty logical right? I think so.
Plus just look at Pound 4. Largest tournament ever. Almost twice the amount of melee entrants compared to brawl entrants.
cool story bro

this should be a fun tourney. MLG columbus will hurt some of the OOS attendance for brawl, but it should still be alot of fun

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
can we not get into that debate as to WHY brawl did not have a huge attendance at Pound 4. No Brawl vs Melee drama.

you guys posting this wont change Planks mind. Why not just pm him or gpx about it I am sure they are 100% reasonable about it.

It makes sense but it would not be fair to the people coming from TX, like Ultimate Razer, to have that prize pool magically go away after they bought the ticket. I know you guys want what is good for you but remember...you have a prize pot bonus of your own.

Is that not better than nothing?

Laijin

Smash Hero
can we not get into that debate as to WHY brawl did not have a huge attendance at Pound 4. No Brawl vs Melee drama.

you guys posting this wont change Planks mind. Why not just pm him or gpx about it I am sure they are 100% reasonable about it.

It makes sense but it would not be fair to the people coming from TX, like Ultimate Razer, to have that prize pool magically go away after they bought the ticket. I know you guys want what is good for you but remember...you have a prize pot bonus of your own.

We don't want whats good for us personally. We are looking out for the community. If melee's attendance is clearly much larger than brawl's, it wouldn't make sense to give the larger bonus to the smaller tournament. Thats all I'm saying. Thats my point.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
bonus split would be nice, i guess that comes down to the winners of each tournament if they agree on it.

if i won either, not that i will lol, i would be more than happy to split bonus with brawl/melee

we're in this together, one community.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

Yea I agree that it probably would not be fair for people coming for brawl to have the prize money reduced.

I don't know I think most of us just don't like melee being put at a lower level even though we probably will get more entrants. If anything split the bonus and don't make it seem like you're favoring one side of the community more. And like melee deserves it more imo, since brawl already has mlg, melee needs sponsored money to create more interest.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yea I agree that it probably would not be fair for people coming for brawl to have the prize money reduced.

I don't know I think most of us just don't like melee being put at a lower level even though we probably will get more entrants. If anything split the bonus and don't make it seem like you're favoring one side of the community more. And like melee deserves it more imo, since brawl already has mlg, melee needs sponsored money to create more interest.
This man just summed it up perfectly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea wtf. split the bonus pot? split up the tickets the top 16 in maylay get to disneyworld :laugh:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ultimately it is up to the people running it but leaving it as is seems fair. Should it be a good thing to have sponsored money period? It is not like Brawl is getting everything its just getting $2000 vs $1000 for melee. This is ontop of the entry fee which, if Brawl does not reach a certain amount would probably stay the same while melee goes up.That is just my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom