• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
We don't want whats good for us personally. We are looking out for the community. If melee's attendance is clearly much larger than brawl's, it wouldn't make sense to give the larger bonus to the smaller tournament. Thats all I'm saying. Thats my point.
nugguh Brawl has MORE tournies with a DECENT size than Melee with their once in a 6 months 100+ melee. ****ing VC7 had 115 people and it was only NJ/NY get Brawl Attendance owned, if I recall, the melee VC-like had 30-45 people. Get owned.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
razer dont listen to m2k lol. i think its gonna stay as is. i need saturday night as late as possible to do brawl singles if needed..

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Melee will be big for the sheer fact that the MLG Columbus happens the same weekend
Welcome 2 this thread

I'm 100% sure melee with have more entrants than brawl.
Everyone loves melee.
Not everyone loves brawl.

Pretty logical right? I think so.
Plus just look at Pound 4. Largest tournament ever. Almost twice the amount of melee entrants compared to brawl entrants.
U are the most intelligent person in this thread, maybe we should let U ruin this tourney

O wait....

cool story bro

this should be a fun tourney. MLG columbus will hurt some of the OOS attendance for brawl, but it should still be alot of fun
Can I stay w/ U? No-homo???

Well since I got an IM saying plank is likely going to change the schedule and m2k is going, I'm not going <__<.
Wait... WUT!?!?!?!

Jew2King can't have what he wants too, Razer **** this tourney please.
I'm goin 2 find a way 2 BEAT a GOOD Snake w/ Sonic!!! :laugh:

strawhats

Smash Master
High school kids can't go to Disney

they HAVE SCHOOL ON MONDAY MAD

Unless, of course, you guys go after 3Pm

then something could be arranged :D

(actually finals are that week FML)
tell that to my school...Disney Grad Nite FTW. (senior year is too clutch)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ok, so apparently the turnout 4 this will have more people in Melee than in Brawl Bcuz of MLG...

Thank U Melee players 4 pointing this fact out. I'm sure no1 would have ever figured that out on their own.

Now that we have gotten that established I'd like to talk about Y Alex Strife change his pic from Scourge :-(

& wen is the ACTUAL timeline gunna b put up?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont think thats gonna work m2k, sorry. i need sat night just incase barlw takes forever. -.-

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I haven't done Kendo in years now.. but not sure if i want to bring my sword across borders either.. too risky. =P Also, I would just much rather do a real UFC type fighting MM =P

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
kage, your kendo, my y.link. (he has a fake sword anyway. you ever listen to it? It's more like *phak* rather than *kwish!*)
Or your ganon, my marth.

M2K, you comin'? I'd like to challenge you for an experience.

....if I do go....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont think m2k will be going cuz mlg is the same weekend and im not gonna be able to push brawl singles til sunday. i cant have the longest taking event happen on the last day of the tournament. recipe for disaster!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kage, your kendo, my y.link. (he has a fake sword anyway. you ever listen to it? It's more like *phak* rather than *kwish!*)
Or your ganon, my marth.

M2K, you comin'? I'd like to challenge you for an experience.

....if I do go....
lol sure =P, we can do that. But how is Kendo vs Ylink gonna work? lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I think to get access to that tournament you will have to be in the original tournament. Or else someone would would've gotten top 32 in the tournament will be able to enter it and win that easily, whereas the point is to be competitive among those who were eliminated in pools.

I am having a meeting tonight so any questions I said i'd answer soon I will get the answer to tonight, and i can ask this one too.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
wow, what about tae kwan do?
I'd love to try out my real-life skills against other people.
I'm just a tae kwan do person, would love to learn grappling forms. I'm actually beginning a lil' hapkido right now! but that's like joint locks and stuff
light contact sparring? like, let's stay to striking martial arts. and someone can keep score of how many times we make contact with say the head, solar plexus, and gut(kidney s hots hurt, man. haha)?
that way we can still keep on smashing, while we test out our striking/blocking ability!
!
so, plairnkk, if I missed pools, the only smash-related thing I would be able to do on saturday is to play friendlies? (and money matches)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
i dont think m2k will be going cuz mlg is the same weekend and im not gonna be able to push brawl singles til sunday. i cant have the longest taking event happen on the last day of the tournament. recipe for disaster!
Undecided between this and GAAME. Might go to GAAME idk when I will decide. Still have a free round trip ticket I could use any time if I change my mind but GAAME seems currently like more money and easier so x_x

He posted that in MLG thread

Plus Melee is here....

I still can't wait 4 this

My 1st REAL Melee tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom