• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
so I see KASR hasnt come back to explain why hes no where to be seen on the CeosT tourney results thread. Clearly whoever came second mained G&W the entire time, and the final was a G&W ditto so w/e

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so I See Kasr Hasnt Come Back To Explain Why Hes No Where To Be Seen On The Ceost Tourney Results Thread. Clearly Whoever Came Second Mained G&w The Entire Time, And The Final Was A G&w Ditto So W/e
Oh Snap!!
Wtf?!
Honeyyyy, You Got Some Splainin' To Do!!!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
JMan(Sonic)
Gamer's Edge 09/11
7th
technicallities...>_> some Lucario lost on Mario Circuit... and over an hr later, contests the match... so when i already had to leave i had to play him... bs
Edit: previously, actual standings were not available, thx Rotnmer, keeping me valid

___X___

Smash Lord
so since hes beign too much of a pussy to do it. i happened upon, X's tourney results threads

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4180358&postcount=134 MA1
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4373145&postcount=280 MA2
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4507215&postcount=469 MA3
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4800229&postcount=797 MA4
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4998080&postcount=967 MA5

i know hes good, and i dont mean to offend, but i get teh distinct feeling that theres only like 3-4 actually good players in his area, and since hes one of them, he can place well continuously
ohh i just LOVE how people underestimate Utah....

thats what IOZ thought also....

until we sent my little brother to **** the whole Colorado =]]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
colorado is wack too

the only true way to prove yourselves, is to win a tourney in MD/VA, anywhere in NY, or in Mass

or you can go to vegas, i would like to see how you do there

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
JMan(Sonic)
Gamer's Edge 09/11
4th of 30
technicallities...>_> some Lucario lost on Mario Circuit... and over an hr later, contests the match... so when i already had to leave i had to play him... bs
I'll get you next time Jman!

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
JMan(Sonic)
Gamer's Edge 09/11
4th of 30
This is incorrect.

There were 12 entrants (iirc).

Jman finished 7th.

Someone else picked a banned stage and won, it was contested about 15 minutes after that match ended.

Please update this. Thanks.

Browny

Smash Hater
I had my first ever offline tourney yesterday. 3-stocked one of the states #1 player's snake with sonic and also ***** a DDD and got 1st in singles + dubs :D. Ill post the link to the results thread when it gets put up eventually, so it will be another 1st place to Sonic (with lucario and snake sharing the points :D)

Boxob

Smash Champion
I had my first ever offline tourney yesterday. 3-stocked one of the states #1 player's snake with sonic and also ***** a DDD and got 1st in singles + dubs :D. Ill post the link to the results thread when it gets put up eventually, so it will be another 1st place to Sonic (with lucario and snake sharing the points :D)
You live in Australia.

People don't even play video games down there.

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero
somebody tell me what number lucario is
:lucario:

:lucario:

:metaknight:

edit:

KID, go to "advanced reply" ( the [Go Advanced] or [Add Reply] button) and click the [More] button under the smileys to the right -->

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, in comparison, maybe consider putting the top 3-5 entrants in your tourney along with your standing. It shows a good comparison so its not all about Sonic... but i guess that really depends on the direction you want to take it Memphis : Hot and heavy, or Hot and Light, lol
Also, since i think my GE weeklies are pretty much going to be recorded now on every match, if i do make finals or semi-finals (i was too poor to enter and Rotimer... you lost to Blae??? I beat him 4 matches back to back in friendlies with all his characters, lol :p your campy style should be a bit more sporadic to mix it up I.E: less predictable) then you know... its more to it. My thoughts though, any others?

Browny

Smash Hater
You live in Australia.

People don't even play video games down there.

Either way, its all relative. If my states best player is a great deal worse than the US' best player due to limited experience, then i should be the same degree worse. A win is still a win and this should count for at least 2 points on the rankings thread lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Are any Sonic mains going to Final Smash '08 in Pittsburgh? I think Pheonix Dark is going, but you guys should all go. It would be way past cool.
:061:

Boxob

Smash Champion
Either way, its all relative. If my states best player is a great deal worse than the US' best player due to limited experience, then i should be the same degree worse. A win is still a win and this should count for at least 2 points on the rankings thread lol
I was just kidding, sir.

No harm intended. ^_^

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey guys, I came back from a tournament on Saturday in San Antonio.

I got 4th out of 45 people. Matchups were made of lol...

1st Round: MK
2nd Round: MK
3rd Round: Falco, then MK
4th Round: Kirby, Dedede, then MK
5th Round: Snake
6th Round: Falco
7th Round: MK
8th Round: MK, then GaW

If you wanna see me in my semi-finals matches, you can check here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToUFwAQR_4

I was doing great, except for 3 things in that set of 3 matches that really got to me...

#1: First match, I SD...
#2: Third Match, I SD...
#3: I fail to jab lock on GaW's second stock. That alone could've changed the outcome...

It gets to me because I was one place shy of getting money.

But hell, I did the Sonic community proud.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I came back from a tournament on Saturday in San Antonio.

I got 4th out of 45 people.

If you wanna see me in my semi-finals matches, you can check here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToUFwAQR_4

I was doing great, except for 3 things in that set of 3 matches that really got to me...

#1: First match, I SD...
#2: Third Match, I SD...
#3: I fail to jab lock on GaW's second stock. That alone could've changed the outcome...

It gets to me because I was one place shy of getting money.

But hell, I did the Sonic community proud.
Congrats. What was the registration fee? I can't be bothered to go look for it right now, but I think the money involved affects how many points each tourney placing counts for in Ankoku's character ranking list, or something.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Congrats. What was the registration fee? I can't be bothered to go look for it right now, but I think the money involved affects how many points each tourney placing counts for in Ankoku's character ranking list, or something.
Well, it was $5 for a venue fee, then $10 per event. Assuming that the venue didn't snag anymore money besides the intial fee, the pot would be $450 dollars, and assuming the prize layout was 70/20/10, third should've got somewhere around $45.

I would've made a $30 profit.

Not much, but I still would've liked it. **** SDs.

btw, I'm the dude on the left in the youtube vids. I'z wearing mah' favorite white hoody.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
good shiznit dude,
and you went all sonic?
thats more than i can do

:pichu:

this junk is fun as hell
:037:
:059:
kinda mad it doesnt go ove 100 though

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Everyone finally gets to see the awesomeness of puffball. When I heard about your matches, I went right here to see if you had already shared them with everyone. So yeah... trust me everyone... this Sonic is legit.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
good shiznit dude,
and you went all sonic?
Correct. I refuse to go as anyone else. I'm that stubborn.

@dNES: I used spinshot -> bair plenty during this tournament. It works wonders. Also, the Falco mainer I played:

Wracked up 50% damage with throws alone. dthrow techchasing ftw.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Correct. I refuse to go as anyone else. I'm that stubborn.

@dNES: I used spinshot -> bair plenty during this tournament. It works wonders. Also, the Falco mainer I played:

Wracked up 50% damage with throws alone. dthrow techchasing ftw.
W00t go puffball. And yes, Dthrow techchasing is teh pwnsome, I owned so many people yest with that when i joined the AIB Ladder XD

Puffball has a great combination of technical skill and actual Sonic know-how from what I saw from the three matches I played against him, which is what makes him steak tier.

Browny

Smash Hater
:O

from now on, all those of us who frequent the tactical boards should mention how sonic is in steak tier, and never explain why >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom