• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

8r0k3n

Smash Cadet
well, ive mained sonic for a while and i don't really have trouble with any matchups. after they kill me once I determine there weakness and just startexposing it and messing with their minds
=P

Slowfish

Smash Rookie
Sonic main? *raises hand* Me! Me!

Dunno if you could call it official, but the first time I played as Sonic, I felt like I had FINALLY found the character that's good for the way I like to play this game. He can be SO freakin annoying, is a master of hit-and-run, and has a lot of combo potential. I keep finding new ways to be amazing with Sonic just by reading these boards... now if only I owned a friggin Wii so I wouldn't have to wait for my hallmate's Wii to be available. >:(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sonic main? *raises hand* Me! Me!

Dunno if you could call it official, but the first time I played as Sonic, I felt like I had FINALLY found the character that's good for the way I like to play this game. He can be SO freakin annoying, is a master of hit-and-run, and has a lot of combo potential. I keep finding new ways to be amazing with Sonic just by reading these boards... now if only I owned a friggin Wii so I wouldn't have to wait for my hallmate's Wii to be available. >:(
i know right?

not having a wii blows....

Catt

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Sonic main. Ever since March 10th, the day and the minute I unlocked him. I missed this thread when it was higher up I guess. I already posted in the old Sonic Finder thread, and in the Sonics old and new, introduce yourselves thread, from quite a while ago.
I'm a Sonic fanboy.(Just got 3 Sonic shirts from Hot Topic yesterday.)
I like the boards, although they can get hostile or spammy at times, but less and less as of late. There's not a better Sonic source that I can find, because everyone(mostly) who posts in the Sonic room ACTUALLY DOES CARE about advancing Sonic's Meta.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Oh yeah. I'm actually gonna transform all of the names on the list to links that will bring you to the corresponding user. (smart sentence is smart.)

lololol

just like AiB.

"Wut is :093:??"
The ONLY reason I knoe that "93" was Haunter was because of Boxob's obsessions. Which is sad because I used to play pokemon alot. :(

And even though I only played it for about and hour, I though Sonic Unleashed was pretty good. It definately wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. (werehog...) They need to make another sonic game like this with NO werehog, then we can officially say Sonic is back.

lol, I rememebered when I got the game, that ALL I wanted was to unlock Sonic first. i didnt' give a **** about the other new characters. In fact I didn't unlock the rest of the cast until about a month later, I didnt' care about them that much. LOL. I am a true Sonic fan.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I am a Sonic main now, but I haven't always been since Brawl came out. When the game first came out, I played mostly as Sonic and Wolf against my college friends. But I started playing people online and absolutely got creamed by players that were just flat out better than me. It hurt my confidence a lot, and then I switched to Lucario, which is where I finally started having some success.

Even though Sonic is my main now, I think playing as Lucario really helped me improve my Sonic, which is why Lucario is my second character I play when I am not Sonic. Even with my vast improvement, I still have a lot of work to do. I hope to enter a real tournament very soon, but haven't been able to unfortunately with a little thing called college taking up most of my time (which is why I haven't been on the boards as much either).

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
MarKO X

Play Sonic because of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. That, and because I like his playstyle.

Edi: Lol at orange Sonic and Blue Tails... great hax.

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
Nah, that would be me lol.

I don't even remember the last time I've posted on the Sonic boards (I've mostly been doing brawl+ related stuff)
it seems we are 3 of a kind XD

but seriously, i main sonic mostly because he's SONIC and the sonic boards is something that i DONT take for shiz i recently started posting more in the boards because they have risin from like nothing to steak status in a matter of a few months....

my problem is me being trash w/sonic tho iam not the worst...

)0no)

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Yo, reporting in.
I lurk too much, way too much.
Also its hard to practice my Sonic when none of my friends are good enough to beat it, need to find some good players to practice again.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's true.

In that case, the only way you'll ever get better is to either make your friends tougher opponents, or start attending tournaments.

I've hit that point where my Sonic won't improve otherwise.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
I'm a sonic mainer, though as my sig may have given away, i use more than just sonic. I've used sonic since i unlocked him, which was like only a few hours after the midnight release >.> (yay college dorms ftw). He's cool beans, though recently i've been throwing into my style of playing with my other characters to pivot grab a lot, and then i go to sonic and pivot grabbing somes so difficult to me T_T. I just running shield grab instead and all is fine or do some of dem sexy BCTAGs =)

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I'm a sonic mainer, though as my sig may have given away, i use more than just sonic. I've used sonic since i unlocked him, which was like only a few hours after the midnight release >.> (yay college dorms ftw). He's cool beans, though recently i've been throwing into my style of playing with my other characters to pivot grab a lot, and then i go to sonic and pivot grabbing somes so difficult to me T_T. I just running shield grab instead and all is fine or do some of dem sexy BCTAGs =)
Term is BTAG.

and I thought this was KID.

LOL

:093:

player1sonic

Smash Rookie
I've been obsessed with getting really good at smash ever since Melee came out. I've got a friend who mains as Sheik and we basically beat the crap out of each other for a few hours every once in a while, trying to get better. Unfortunately there are no tournaments where we live so we're cut off from competitive smash. But if I ever do get the chance to be a part of the tournament scene, I'll be there... regardless of how likely it is that I'd get my face beat into the ground.

-Sonic Rules

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I may not be great with Sonic (yet) but I still love the little hedgehog:pimp: It's too bad my only competition is my siblings.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Not sure if I'll get a 'fraction for posting in this but I too, main Sonic.

Down here in SA, TX with Espy.

My original main is and forever will be Zelda however, Sonic is also my main that I've messed around for about 3 months.

He was supposed to be my original main, but I never figured out how he played. Now that I do, I plan on TRYING to play him like he should be played.

Of course I won't be as great as Espy or 3000 here in TX but I would like to be atleast in the same playing field as both of them.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
well my user is chaindude i 've benn lurking since late melee days(end of 06) i've mained sonic since the day i unlocked him and vowed to play him the day he was annouced to be a selectable character and second fox i'm in victoria B.C recently having started competive smash for all three at my first tourny being Uvic biweekly 2 i tied for 9th with 3 others (don't ask how somthing messed up the laptop or w.e) some tags i use are Jam or AWE my only real problem is being able to spinshot 100% of the time sometimes i get it sometimes i get shot upwards in a puny waste of a double jump

well thats about it hi community :D

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey there.

BTW Greyfox, glad to hear that, I even notice you changed your avi accordingly! :p

Though you can't think pessimistic like that, sure it may be unlikely, but with enough hardwork you can do amazing things.

AFAIK, that's how I did anyway... from a nobody, and here I am... wherever that is, is a nice place.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Thanks Kinzer.

I try not to but it's hard when the best Sonic TX is in the same city.

Espy just tell's me to watch and pick up my own style of play, which I try.

Carthology

Smash Rookie
I don't get on the boards too much.. Though I've played as Sonic since Brawl came out. The name's Carth, used to enter, both, singles and doubles tourneys in NYC. I'm more of a "Just for fun" kinda player now =/

Even though I don't get on this site much, I have passed through to ask my share of questions. My Sonic has improved VASTLY, and I owe a lot of it to LuCKy the Hedgehog, who's my personal favorite Sonic main.

Bye. xD

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I'm called Echo normally, but in Phoenix (my home town) I'm the Blue Devil.
(As anyone can see from my signature. And I don't know how to edit the special user Icon to show I'm a Sonic user.)

I like the tips and tricks everyone here posts, and hopefully, I can contribute something some time.

Top Bottom