• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Welcome there :O

I want to see how many Sonic mainers we have frequently reading the forums, that includes lurkers too even if you're new to the site. Please talk about your progress with Sonic, your name and some minor details and maybe your friend code if you have one. And please add some minor details like0if you are competitive with him, difficulties with him, adapting to an opponents playstyle and so on. Don't forget to search before you post a thread :)

Feel free to share any personal concerns about the Sonic boards (only if you main Sonic) =)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So I was just playing my bro and I'm too good for him :(. I need someone better. BTW, I think Sonic boards have gotten better since september/october.

B%B

Smash Cadet
So I was just playing my bro and I'm too good for him :(. I need someone better. BTW, I think Sonic boards have gotten better since september/october.
I'll play you, every day, with any character. Trufax.

And add my name to that list. I've been on smash boards every day since early 2006, and I've read every thread in the Sonic boards. ^_^

And all though it doesn't always show, I'm just as knowledgeable as Tenki, cept I play Melee, so I'm better.

<3

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
boxob is right...

KID speaking, comin out the Roc, new york, not the city.

i have progressed my sonic to basically as good as any other sonic out there.

im better than boxob with sonic, and im better than him at melee,(lol) and i am in the possession of the original owning steak. anything sonic related that goes down, you better bet i know about it.

so...
im awesome, any questions?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Camalange is my name, Sonic's my main
lolz i is clever
I've been OBSESSED with smash bros since I was a kid. I didn't discover the competitive scene till very late Melee. I decided that I would step up my game once Brawl came out, since I thought it wouldn't be worth it to get good at Melee when the new one was coming out.

Man did I make a misteak, lol jk

Of course, Sonic is my hero so I decided I would main him from the beginning. I've always wanted to use someone extremely fast as a character so Sonic was just perfect. I was really scrubby though before I joined this site. This site and all the people in the Sonic boards made me the Sonic main I am today. I can't even believe how much better I've gotten at this game in general, not just with Sonic.

I also feel honored to have been a member and apart of these boards when Steak was created.
I was there when it was born :D

The only thing left for me to do now is to place in tournaments to prove my worth.

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
PhoenixoKaZe here lol, XD
I got Sonic to be one of my best lol XD (not a fanboy)^^, doing a school tourney XD ^^ wish meh luck
also is from So Cal

also been playing since the regular smash bros ^^

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i am in the possession of the original FAKE steak.
Fixed

-----

Well, Puffball64 is obviously my name. I prefer Puffball sans the numbers though, and at tournaments, everyone usally calls me by my tag (Espy).

Coming from the MK infested Southwest too, although I'm fortunate enough to not have to deal with too many of them, living in a more secluded area of SA Texas.

Doesn't mean I haven't gone toe-to-toe with several bigger names before (Sethlon and Hylian, for example).

Progress with my Sonic has been slow. Mostly because I'm busy with college (dangerously close to failing a class), and because I have no human opponents to ever play during the week, so my experience almost all comes from tournament games. Because of this, I feel my Sonic's growth is stunted.

I'm obviously competitive with him, and he is the only character I play as in tournament matches, as I am a HUGE Sonic fan.

Playstyle, I just follow the mantra of "Don't stop moving", although there are points where it is absolutely necessary to be patient and slow down.

My biggest difficulty is lack of experience when it comes to most high tier matchups, sans Snake and B-Spamming Meta Knights (DMK in particular), so it's pretty rough just trying to figure out how to get people like GaW and higher leveled MKs.

And I have yet to play against a truly high leveled Dedede, and I fear that he's going to murder me.

But I'll just keep going.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Aeghrur here, but ah well, that's too long and hard to pronounce or remember. My chinese name is Xun, but since people can't pronounce that, I go by Sunny. =/ I also go by ghrur or Xun on the internet, lol.

My sonic isn't exactly the best, hell, it's not even close to it. Of course, I try to improve my sonic where I can, even without any other human players around. I think I've just started finding people I can play, but ya know, I'll see, I'll see.

My skill with sonic has vastly improved because of these boards, but not because of the techs and stuff. To me, I care more about the basics of spacing and punishment because it's not automatic to me. I never played melee except casually so I never knew about this stuff. Now, I'm trying to learn it through brawl and truthfully, playing as marth is a freaking amazing way to practice spacing as you learn how to space his sword. That's why marth is a secondary for me, it helps me learn to space. Sonic though, to space, you can't simply see where his max range is, instead, you kind of have to learn his moves. Anyways, I do use spindashes in actual matches, but since I have no real opponents like Puffball, I practice by practicing spacing. There's nothing too technical about brawl, so sigh. :( I wish I had melee.

As for being competitive, of course I try. I have yet to go to a tourny though. I'm trying, but heck, I'm Asian and my parents absolutely HATE me playing games. xD If they knew SWF was smash boards... lol. Anyways, I would love to attend to see my ranking amongst minnesota, but truth be told, I can't really go. =/ I doubt I'd even place as there seems to be some great players here, but I would still like the experience.

On a last note, I don't play Brawl that much considering I can only play on weekends and even then, my time is limited due to extracurricular activities. I'm still in high school, lol, still a freshman, so yeah, I'm probably one of the younger people here. xD

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Aeghrawr has the best IRL name here <3

ROOOOY!
I actually suck and don't know all that much, if you hadn't figured out already.
Yes I can talk about stuff on paper, but my inability to change playstyles between anything other than grab game put me at a disadvantage in loads of matches, including characters with projectiles, and characters with dangerous grab games (like...IC's >_>)

Oh, and I'm awful at fighting Sonics, in dittos or otherwise ^_^

My offstage game is also really bad, I play it safe too much.

I can't really think of one element of my game that's good haha.

Basically, I'm off to a Smashfest on the 20th (all three games will be there), and if I can't enjoy Brawl there, then I quitsies most probably.

On a boards note, this place has got friendlier recently :>

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I can't even remember the last time we had to totally flame
broil
a new user...

And we're definitely the most active and aspiring low tier board.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
We're the most active character boards, period.

I'll play you, every day, with any character. Trufax.

And add my name to that list. I've been on smash boards every day since early 2006, and I've read every thread in the Sonic boards. ^_^

And all though it doesn't always show, I'm just as knowledgeable as Tenki, cept I play Melee, so I'm better.

<3

:009:
I'm too bad to play a high level melee tourneytard, sorry.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
f
xD, thanks ROOOOY! lol.

:043:
rom now on, im gonna call you grr.

like a DOGGY!

grrrrrrr!

"Good Boy!"

anyways, in other news, im going to kill puffy.
and dont get mad if you cant play with good people consistently, look at me. im the best one here and i odnt even own a wii

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hi guys I'am SonicX580 Sonic's my main so far I need work on my reflexs, mind games and trying not to be predictable so far I learned new techniques I defeated some mainers here but barely also Rooooy is there a smash fest in Orlando?

Trillion

Smash Ace
Magnum here. From Missouri. St. Louis area, specifically O'Fallon, about 30 mins from the city. During the school year I'm in Columbia at the University of Missouri (Go Tigers!). It's between St. Louis and Kansas City (which is in Missouri, not Kansas).

Been playing Sonic since the game came out. I knew before I ever played him that he was the character for me despite rumors of his difficulty getting the kill. Turns out they were right, but that didn't stop me. My game has been improving all the time and lately I have been noticing much more improvement than I usually have. Mostly, I still need to work on my mindgames. I haven't been to any tourneys. But next semester I plan to get some started.

Most of my experience comes from my crewmates
Their names and mains in order of usage:
Jort - Pokemon Trainer, Fox, Wario, ROB, Diddy
Lutzburg - Ike, Ness, DK, Bowser, Kirby
Nix - Random Main
Revenant - Falco, ZSS, Lucario

I don't really like Wi-Fi play, but if anyone wants to give it a try, then we can try to set up a time to do it. I believe it might be the best way to evolve Sonic's game play. By learning each other's play styles, we can more quickly find what are the most effective strategies to show that Sonic is truly a dangerous opponent.

I like that our board finally got some moderators to pay attention to it so that we can get rid of the spammers, but I think they've gone a little bit overboard with closing threads and banning people.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Chis,that didn't make sense lol.

Super_Sonic8677 here,but SS or Super is fine. I'm in the northern Pennsylvania area(a few miles from the border actually).

I've played Smash since the original game and am a big fan of the series. I didn't learn of the competitive community until a couple months before Brawl's release. Having been a Sonic fanboi since his Genesis days,I was determined,once I learned Sonic was in Brawl to become awsome with the character.

A couple months ago my Wii broke down and I haven't had an opurtunity to play Brawl since then. So I've went back to Melee for awhile,experimenting with some of the things that are unique to that version of Smash and trying to keep my general Smash skill from degrading too much. I rarely have people to play and I'm by far the best out of us,so playing them really doesn't help as far as improving goes....

My system was sent Monday and hopefully it'll be back in a week or two. I'm sure I'm worse by far then all of you guys anymore XD. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with all this stuff that's come out since I've been unable to play. I look forward to being pulvarized by the people I used to stay even with or beat. :laugh: I've never been to a tournament, though I hope I can go to one someday.

I don't remember if I ever thanked you for the training Tenki so thanks. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo, dude, figure out how far you are from rochester new york.

and do you have a ride?

cus if you do i think coming up to rochester for tourneys might not be too far out of the way for you.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
KID, you changed haunter to an ODISH?
and ODISH?
Dang man, that's disgraceful. Just ****ing disgraceful.

B%B

Smash Cadet
Kid, you praise yourself SO much.

You better be good when I DO fight you, otherwise I'ma be pissed.

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
Im DIH, I have been a Sonic mainer ever since the game came out, I have lots good comrades through the whole tier thing. Most people ditched Sonic to go play Snake and MK, but I decided to stick with Sonic no matter what happens, I used my "rage" to my advantage and trained with Sonic until my fingers had different button imprints stuck into them... A whole week of pain.

As of now I am working on strategies to defeat different characters that give Sonic a hard time and I have been working on finding a good tourney to go to. Yesterday my brawl CD suddenly stopped working... so whenever i get brawl fixed I will start experimenting with the SDR>ASP on the platform in the animal crossing stage.

Tenki

Smash Hero
As of now I am working on strategies to defeat different characters that give Sonic a hard time
Next time you start to experiment on something, throw your ideas somewhere, whether it's in a Chis thread (that one thread about beating other characters, or his 'improve my Sonic'/FAQ thread) or my rFAQ thread.

With a bunch of people testing it for/with you, you'll get results from a variety of sources quicker.

That's basically what I did with the side-B and down-B and even though I got most of the information by myself, now you have people like infzy contributing and exploring parts that I didn't do.

It'll also get specific matchup issues (DI, 'move viability'/performance in a realistic situation) taken care of if they're tested by different people.

So yea, don't just keep things to yourself, especially if it's something experimental.

B%B

Smash Cadet
im mobile, up state *****aa.

rochesters like six hours from where i live but if i cantake a plane up here and the tourneys big eough then i have to go. no johns.

CiTH, youre coming too, cause i said so.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
As sexy as that would be, I prolly wont be able to do that for a couple of years.

We have to take a road trip to either Memphis or KID sometime dude.

Top Bottom