• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hey Echo, hope to see you around the Sonic boards some time. The Sonic icon thing...

Control panel > edit your details > additional information > smash character

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
OH HAI! I main Sonic cause he's fast like, vrooooom! I live in the lamest part of PA for Brawl tournaments. Everyone here sucks. So I beat on scrubs on wi-fi. CAUSE SONIC IS BETTER ON WI-FI AMIRITE?! If you've ever seen me play offline, the first thing you'll notice is that I probably use B-air and F-throw twice as much as any other Sonic main. When it stops working, I'll stop using it so much I guess. Sonic's B-air is sex though, so I don't see that happening. On a serious note, I'm gonna start playing Brawl seriously again, since Sega refuses to give me a good Sonic racing game. Or even a Sonic racing game that doesn't involve lame vehicles. Hell, I'd settle for an updated Sonic R. Back on topic.. I'll attempt to start posting here again.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
OH HAI! I main Sonic cause he's fast like, vrooooom!
Win.

Well, good to see you again Phoenix. I was thinking about hosting a Smash tournament soon hopefully so maybe you can hit that up? I'll keep you updated.

:093:

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
I main Sonic. Im a HUGE fan of him and the sb series so having him in the game was a dream come true. I used to post here around the time the game came out, but then sat back and watched you guys post a bit, while trying to up my meta game.

But now im posting again, and really really wanna get into the tournament scene since my friends, and everyone I play in school keeps suggesting it lol. But yeah, I'd really like to play some of you Sonic mains, but no wi-fi.. I played Darkness for the first time about a year ago on wi-fi and got my face smashed brutally. That was a rude awakening. Malcolm's the only one I know of thats within my region but im still open for anyone else wanting to 1v1.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Espy is either working or doing his own thing.

Nothing against him though. I never knew how good sonic was in doubles until I was left alone 1v2 3:1 stock ratio and won.

But when I do play Espy, It's kinda close.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
*Cough*

Pardon me, but does anybody else seem to be notocing how a lot of people are taking interest in Sonic?

Lots of matchup threads have/are/already went over the matchup with him (but maybe that's because they saved him last for a reason...), lots of random people (or not, I can't tell) coming onto our boards and doing whatever, and if I look around hard enough, there are a lot of people who appear to be oblivious of this place... has anybody tried to tell NoR4U of this place... I rest my case?

It just gives me that inspiration to know that no matter what, I won't be alone in my crusades to play Sonic, even if that be on a casual level.

I know people like Speed are just as die-hard as I am, and it really feels good.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Is this a bad thing that people are taking interest in him?

Like I said before he is my main along with Zelda. Only reason I didn't play him much before hand was cause I didn't know how he played. Now that I do I'm intending on using him.

If you don't want me to take interest in Sonic then fine. :(

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I didn't say it was a bad thing, and if I indicated as such I am sorry. I was just pointing out how there seems to be an incline in something somewhere so something must be getting done right.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I see. It's all ok then.

Lol, you got me lost at the end of that statement.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
*Cough*

Pardon me, but does anybody else seem to be notocing how a lot of people are taking interest in Sonic?

Lots of matchup threads have/are/already went over the matchup with him (but maybe that's because they saved him last for a reason...), lots of random people (or not, I can't tell) coming onto our boards and doing whatever, and if I look around hard enough, there are a lot of people who appear to be oblivious of this place... has anybody tried to tell NoR4U of this place... I rest my case?

It just gives me that inspiration to know that no matter what, I won't be alone in my crusades to play Sonic, even if that be on a casual level.

I know people like Speed are just as die-hard as I am, and it really feels good.
Yeah man, I feel exactly the same way you do. Sonic's a character I can have fun and be serious with. Ill always be repping Sonic no matter what.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
i love the name drop. for those who doesnt know, SM5=Speed. Speed is my barwl tag, so call me whichever one you like :) New Sonics are appreciated, we need some Sonics in other areas where he isnt frequently used. Kinzer, I sure am die hard because Sonic is too good.

@Spindashie
Thats the spirit, keep it up! You live in Jersey? You should try to get in contact with Blue somehow. He can help you a bit IRL with some Sonic techs if you need it.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I want to see how many Sonic mainers we have frequently reading the forums, that includes lurkers too. Please talk about your progress with Sonic, your name and some minor details. And please add some minor details like are you competitive with him, difficulties with him, adapting to ab opponents playstyle etc....
Okay.. My name's Jordan, 17, living on the Sunshine Coast in Qld, Australia (ohh, and I main Sonic). Not really into the competitive scene (I'd love to be, but my searches to find any close tournies on the coast have been fruitless), so I mainly joined smashboards to learn more about Brawl and pick up some tips/advice on ways to improve. Heavy lurker :p.

So... yeah. If you want to know anything else, ask :).

Browny

Smash Hater
JUST TODAY I WAS ASKING PEOPLE IN QLD IF SOMEONE THERE USES SONIC and theyre all like 'nah man' and I'm all like :( but now im :)
Do you have wifi? Also i think theres a decent smash scene in the gold coast... idk how close that is to the sunshine coast lol, have you checked the regional boards?

and your sig is awesome

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If it's anything near the Gold Coast, maybe you could talk to Vyse.

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the geography of Australia, just throwing mah two cents out there..

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
It's like an hour and a half to a two hour drive from the gold coast, which sucks (I'm like 30km south of Noosa, if that makes it easier to locate). And no, I don't have wi-fi at the moment. We got a new router and its wireless signal is pathetic, my Wii can't pick it up at all, so I'm gonna look into ways to improve it and/or setting up a wired connection this weekend.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You should consider travelling for a tournament coming up in May on the coast, Nibbles.

How far are you from Townsville?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And there's the summon.

Uhm... let me make sure I don't get infracted for this...

Vyse, you said a long time ago you would work on Sonic for a secondary/fun character (I can't remember), any progress/ how has it come along/gave up?

It's cool whatever the answer is.

Congrats on modship too if I didn't already congradulate you on it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
And there's the summon.

Uhm... let me make sure I don't get infracted for this...

Vyse, you said a long time ago you would work on Sonic for a secondary/fun character (I can't remember), any progress/ how has it come along/gave up?

It's cool whatever the answer is.

Congrats on modship too if I didn't already congradulate you on it.
My friends keep telling me I won't beat them with Sonic, but lately I've been getting closer and closer to getting my Sonic up to par. Good lord it's difficult though. Still, I'm getting better. Sonic and Samus are my low tiers rofl.

Oh and thanks, much appreciated :)

@Nibbles: It'd be well worth your while to catch a train (If the trainline comes up as far as you?) to a tournament some time in the future. Make a real day of it, lol. Come post in the Queensland Thread too. Hang around long enough and you might find someone in your area somewhere haha.

arvas

Smash Rookie
hello i'v been playing sonic for awhile now. i first picked up sonic when i was looking for a main that wasnt as one sided as the ICs. plus i found that almost everyone im my area misjudges how good sonic actually is. the only problem i have with him is that fact i can fined away around projectile spaming it gets me everytime. the boards have helped alot with my sonic so a big thanks to everyone

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Arvas, I'm glad you appreciate all the hard work I've done around here. It sucks that no one else contributes here besides me. But I've managed to single handedly make everyone's sonic pretty amazing so I guess it's ok.

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero
Boxob taught me everything.

The thing is, I just word things better.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Heya guys, I'm a veteran at Smash and I used to Main Pichu
(and PWN some of my friends occasionally and anyone around the area)
Since theres no more Pichu I headed to my Fanboi roots and Mained Sonic

I'm pretty solid with Sonic and nothing too special (although I wanna be A1 Steak awesome someday)
Well I guess thats that

Hey just wanna ask If its a common prob for everybody on lagging Wifi, havent tried it yet.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's definitely a common problem.

I think the servers have slowed much, especially towards the Fall/Winter.

I can't say much about it anymore since I haven't played on wifi for a few weeks.

Top Bottom