• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something You Felt Totally Cheated Out Of.

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious. When is a time in your life that you felt completely cheated out of something you deserved?

Me? I remember watching a referee completely cheat my sister's team out of a state soccer title. The referee made fake calls the whole game and put our team in the dirt. It was horrible to watch, and I still haven't gotten over it yet.

What about you?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Band politics in high school. But now I'm over that and I was actually in the wrong. But it was definitely a time I felt I had been cheated.

There were definitely politics, though. They just didn't effect me because I just wasn't very good to begin with. lol. (and no, this is not self-confidence issues, that is the truth. I have a different mindset now, and now I know what I was doing wrong and how it can be improved.) But I can still say the politics that went on kind of make me mad. At least in one case where the same person ended up having three features in the same show, when there were several other (yes, even seniors) people who played that instrument that deserved one.

But the results of said show can not be argued, so maybe the politics helped us out for once. :laugh:

I just want to avoid that as much as I can as a band director.

BTW, sports games are painful to watch because there are always bad calls.

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
I understand your case. I'm in band too. My director has his favorites picked out that get the attention, good chairs, solos, etc. etc.. I'm good; I'm just young enough to where I don't get paid attention to. I had a problem earlier in the year where the director picked kids over me to be in the top band and I was put in the second one. I knew I was better than these kids, but my director said I was "inexperienced" Frustrating.... I hoping for a better year and more attention from my director since I have more of this "experience"

And all I can say about that soccer game is that it was one of a kind. Wow...

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I remember when (Star Wars) Episode 3 came out. I soooo wanted to see it in theatres, but my parents said it was "too dark for a kid." However all my friends went to see it...w/o me.

I watched on dvd soon as it came out. My dad said "if you get scared just turn the tv off." I have yet to find one scary moment in this movie >.>

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Not getting to go to the WLC (World Leadership Conference) after being judged by a panel of judges that didn't get to see any of the nominees beyond five minutes. I was at this leadership camp thing and the people in charge there (the ones in charge of nominations) chose the best out of everybody there. Then the judges came in, people who weren't involved at all for the rest of the leadership camp, and chose who got to go.

I just have a feeling that they would've chosen differently had they actually been invovled and not asked four questions that had absolutely nothing to do with leadership ability ;_____;

Lucian

Smash Cadet
I can say i've been cheated out my birthday 13 BD party ( she didn't had out the inventations)
One of my cloests stole 3 games form me they were classic to Final Fanasty 7 twice anfd Final Fanasty Tatics.
Needless to say I don't really led my games out anymore

mzink*

Smash Ace
Hmm I struggled a whole lot in high school but I worked hard to be able to pass. I wasn't honor roll material but I did put the work in. My last couple of years, I watched most of my class cheat their way through the entire year together. But the teachers favored them and often turned a blind eye. Now I did not get high enough grades to earn an academic award, but sitting on the bench and watching people that I watched cheat on every test walk up there and receive awards and applause did make me feel a bit cheated. I put long after school hours and extra work in to get my average grades and I have never cheated in my life.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
i felt cheated out of this past track season.
i was/still am on track (no pun intended) to becoming one of the top runners in my event in the nation. i put the work in and had the right resolve this year mentally. my inddor season was great but injuries and problems with my hamstring slowed up my season, i didnt run outdoors and had to redshirt.
i had to watch this season go by and reflect on the times i woke up early to do rehab and do ab work outs. the times when i was alone in doing my workouts and it stings but i'll get this season back.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
When you go to a store, buy something on sale. Then go to another store and find the same item you just bought on sale, for a cheaper price that's not even on sale! D: This has happened too many times :(

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Love and attention. I had to go through the whole "Ooooh, look at the baby! Come over here and look at the baby. Not now, the baby did something cute!" scenario 5 times. I feel unwanted and useless in my family, like no one pays attention to me unless I tell someone to do so. My life is composed of being ignored at home, ignored at school, and ignored in life. Deep down, I just want a hug.

Lurker guy

Smash Apprentice
Well, usually, as a kid, I could "afford a video game now and again" unless there were fantastic deals that would never happen again. Then I was flat broke.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
oh yeah and gamestop DEFINETELY makes me feel cheated
you know when ever you trade in a game
i cant even bring myself to do it any more
like you buy a game for 70+$
trade it in three days after
get back 26$
WTF
Dude, I had half a million GBC games, a GBC, another half a million GBA games, and a GBA and I was gonna sell it to them to save up for a DS (this was when it came out) and the total was more or less 30 bucks :/

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I know this is seriously an awful thing to say, but I feel like I get cheated out of a lot of things cause I'm disabled. Like, if I go in for a job, they see my walker and think "disabled=********" and often I don't even get looked at.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I went through the trouble of modding my 360 (now now, I got a banned one off eBay just so I could mod, don't judge me) so I could pay for Bottle's ultimate secret in Banjo Kazooie: N&B... and him just leaving a message saying he couldn't tell me because that'd spoil the secret.

That ba***rd of a mole.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Seriously though, I feel cheated out of every Stacker arcade game EVER. That game HAS to be rigged.
Because it is lol, i can no problem make it to the last everytime, then if you hit dead on the last one, it moves it one over. Ever see anyone win on that thing? :p

I was cheated outta a wrestling match, when i was destroying this one kid, and he gets a pin on me, and the ref counted it as a win for the other kid as soon as i hit the ground, even though your supposed to count to 3 and i was getting out fine.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Thats how they get ya, pretty soon you spend enough money that coulda bought a dsi :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I got cheated out of a 280 FFXII file because of problems. I lost it all...

I also got cheated off Peacock Amulet, a FFXI (mmo) item that is very, very, good. Spend a week camping it, and went 0/3 on the drop.

-- One time it spawned, I lagged, and a Theif got it before me... (no pun, it was a real job on XI), and of course he got the drop --

~sigh~ That thing had a 24~32hour spawn window. 16 hours after it's death it's window opened for another 16 hours. And sometimes, it didn't spawn, a crappy boss minion of it spawned instead. I hunted that for over a week.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The fact that I don't eat Fabergé eggs for breakfast means I was cheated out of the riches I deserve.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I felt cheated when I let someone counter pick me in a tournament but still tried to win and lost a really close match, could of went meta but kept going.

Fails at playing to win

(D3 against Wolf)

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
I was pressured to leave my wonderful city of New York to go to the substandard state of Virginia -- apology to all you Virginians out there but I'm a city boy -- for a month. My little cousins are still in public school here, which they wouldn't get off of until the 28th, and my aunt recently purchased a restaurant there.

Long story, short: as the college student who was already on break, I was obligated to help her out. After all, the reward would be 2000 dollars. And no, I did not have a choice -- I was given the illusion of choice.

For an entire month, I lived/worked with a complete stranger at a Chinese take-out joint. I felt like a stereotype surrounded by more stereotypes. There was no A/C and vagrants/prostitutes would frequently bug me for pointless reasons.

I spoke with my cousins on a regular basis. We all agreed we'd be swapping places once they were done with school.

I arrived there on the 31st of May. I returned to NYC on the 27th of June. My aunt gave me 1500. In her eyes, the month had not fully passed yet.

What was the point of wanting to make me stay if they're already here? Why was I bereft a 1/4 of what I was supposed to be given for missing 1/10 of what I didn't do? Why was I not told that the penalty would be so steep? Why is my entire family against me on this one?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Hmm I struggled a whole lot in high school but I worked hard to be able to pass. I wasn't honor roll material but I did put the work in. My last couple of years, I watched most of my class cheat their way through the entire year together. But the teachers favored them and often turned a blind eye. Now I did not get high enough grades to earn an academic award, but sitting on the bench and watching people that I watched cheat on every test walk up there and receive awards and applause did make me feel a bit cheated. I put long after school hours and extra work in to get my average grades and I have never cheated in my life.
I know how you feel, this bugs me so much.

Also, I felt cheated when I bought ice cream treats on a stick from target. And when I got home to eat one, they were teh ****tiest smallest ice cream treats I have ever had the misfortune of eating.

Browny

Smash Hater
I got cheated to miss out on getting my high school dux and having my name engraved on the school plaque for 2005...

For most of the year, there were 3 students going for dux (the award for the highest academic acheivement). Me and a friend who were both doing all the difficult subjects (2 maths, physics, chemisty, english) and another who was doing a weird array of subjects (2 music, english, economics I think and another).

As the year neared its end we were all very close and I had talks with my teachers who agreed I should get the dux, my friend had similar marks but he did an easier grade of english. The other student had overall better marks than me (I was on around 17/20 average vs his 18 or so) except he was doing easy subjects. In australia, results for subjects are scaled based on their difficulties once final exams are completed. All of my subjects got a +1 or +2 boost, bringing my average to 18.5 while his went down to a 17.

The difference was though, this student was the college captain, he played football for the school, lead actor in plays, pretty much the perfect student. My high school wasnt very academically focused and never cared too much about sciences, so in the end, despite my arguments with the principal, I didnt get the dux award. The dux is a simple award, given to whoever gets the best results, thats it. Sure enough, once exams came in and my marks were scaled, I ended up considerably higher than this other student, who incidentally scored less than 3 other people I know.

Its doesnt really matter since I know I got the highest and the principal wrote a letter to me following the results, confirming that I did acheive the highest score of 2005, however on that school plaque which will last for decades, the name of a student who only scored 5th best will stay there :(

Chucklez

Smash Cadet
I felt cheated when my child came out black....

Me and her are both white.

Chucklez

Smash Cadet
Haha, I love that movie. So what do I do with the baby?

It won't fit down the toilet.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I got cheated out if 6 bucks when i went to see Dragonball:Evolution.

That movie ***** my eyeballs, and not in a good way

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I got cheated out of 8 bucks when i rented the Super Mario Bros. Movie, Batman & Robin, and Fat Albert...I was 7

Top Bottom