• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something Most People Don't Know About You...(Read the OP before posting, please)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I don't understand how can someone say their homosexual but then also say they are Christian, someone enlighten me. Doesn't it contradict?
Some people chose to take every single word of the Bible to heart.

Some people pick and choose what they like.

Same with Judaism and the Torah. That is why there's Orthodox Jews as well as several other types.

It's all how you perceive the religion. Ultimately, I feel traditional religion is a failure because of this. However, faith is a different concept. And it is faith that allows for "paradoxes" like Gay Christians.

ZTD | TECHnology

I sincerely detest Christianity.

I have nothing against anyone who considers themselves one of course but there's just so much about the religioni disgaree with.

I'm a Buddhist. Studied several sects of it and Daoism for about 9 years now. It just makes more sense to me. I believe in the whole "higher power" thing and I don't believe any one religion is THE religion. I just think they all have their good and bad and appeal to different people. Life is too short to get sand in your vag over another person's religious and political views.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Some people chose to take every single word of the Bible to heart.

Some people pick and choose what they like.

Same with Judaism and the Torah. That is why there's Orthodox Jews as well as several other types.

It's all how you perceive the religion. Ultimately, I feel traditional religion is a failure because of this. However, faith is a different concept. And it is faith that allows for "paradoxes" like Gay Christians.
Unorthodox Judaism is far better then Orthodox. I had my Bar-Mitzvah in an Orthodox and it's more annoying cause the woman have to be separated from the men.

I'm not religious in anyway, but everyone in my family gets at least a Bar-Mitzvah as part of our heritage. I did go to hebrew pre-school.

My family rocks cause for Christmas, my grandparents bought KFC XD. Caitie lol'd. I celebrate Hanukkah every once in awhile, but see it more as a reason to get money/gifts then to actually have the holiday.

:018:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Also confirmed for being at the Rauchers for Christmas

it's cool tho because me and TC both tall and black so they will think we are brothers

although everyone knows my actual "Brother" in smash is Gnes.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I like convincing Christian girls to give me backdoor access to "preserve their purity".
You'd do well as a pastor.

"Come on young men, lets go into the back to preserve your purity"

Christians are mavericks. I must hunt them all.
If you let one live, it spreads.

I sincerely detest Christianity.

I have nothing against anyone who considers themselves one of course but there's just so much about the religioni disgaree with.

I'm a Buddhist. Studied several sects of it and Daoism for about 9 years now. It just makes more sense to me. I believe in the whole "higher power" thing and I don't believe any one religion is THE religion. I just think they all have their good and bad and appeal to different people. Life is too short to get sand in your vag over another person's religious and political views.
#1-A buddhist shouldn't detest others especially for something as minor as religious choice and if you are going to separate the church from the people...you can't. It's like saying you don't support a war but support your troops. You are supporting a victory in the war if you aren't wishing the other sides troops don't get harmed, either.

#2-Your last sentence says that people should NOT do what you just did considering you detest Christianity.

#3-Suffering is the way to the path, remember this.

As someone who isn't a buddhist by religion but by philosophy, remember some people on here are well read on that subject too and don't want you to go through years of bad karma by not following their own rules :p

<3 Just trying to keep your dharma in check.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yo I never said I was perfect at it :) Besides there are several forms of Buddhism that do not require you to go through everything "traditional" Buddhism does. I never stated which one I related most to ;)

Same concept as all the other concepts of Christianity, Judaism etc. You missed part of the point lol.

xFats

Smash Apprentice
fk it censors are wack.

anyway im a pokemon warrior and im also a beast at video games.

money match me in RPS see what happens.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo I never said I was perfect at it :) Besides there are several forms of Buddhism that do not require you to go through everything "traditional" Buddhism does. I never stated which one I related most to ;)

Same concept as all the other concepts of Christianity, Judaism etc. You missed part of the point lol.
properly trolled.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
yesh vote Nick riddle guys :) He doesn't really care and isn't telling people to vote for him. I just think it'd be so cool :3

Mega: you should vote NickRiddle xD also....don't tell him you know about his sex life T_T

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Christianity is a.....difficult faith system to be a part of (I say that because there are so many branches of Christianity. I myself am a Catholic, which is....interesting, to say the leasst)

I honestly abhor many of the beliefs of my fellow Christians. People forget that Christianity is derived from CHRIST. Not the old testament (though, many things in the old testament are good.....but many are laws from ancient times that have no place in the world today).
Christ believed in love. He never once said anything about persecuting people because of sexual orientation or skin color or belief systems. Jesus was a jew persecuted by Jews, but he still loved his persecutors.

And that's what I follow. The main purpose of Christianity is to love others and spread the faith - not through words, threats, or bible thumping (12 years of catholic school has served me well for knowing that bible thumping is a horrible thing) - but through genuine love for others and pure kindness. I know I don't follow many of the teachings of the Catholic church, but that's because I don't feel like answering to some old geezer in the Vatican and his outdated rules. I'll be a "good catholic" by loving the people around me, helping others in need, and trying my hardest to be the best person I can be.

I'm sad that this has been lost. I know people who claim to be SUPER Christians but turn around and mock others or persecute others. It gives the faith a bad name. It's truly saddening

/Lokii's two cents on Christianity

Also I saw someone who liked Brand New a few pages back
Good ****.
Great band.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm an atheist. I'm pretty sure I've stated this sometime before but yeah. I don't believe that you need a religion to tell you things that should be common knowledge or atleast learned through life lessons. Trial and error is a better teacher than instilling the fear of "Do this all this **** because there's a big bearded dude beyond the cosmos and he's going to make your afterlife suck because you didn't." You do the world around you and more importantly, yourself a great justice by just being a good ****ing person. Yes, it's easier said than done, but it's not hard to figure out where to start.

That being said, I don't knock someone for being religious. It's not my right to tell someone that their religion is fraudulent and I very much don't want someone to tell me that I'm nothing without (insert religious figurehead here). Live and let live.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I agree that you shouldn't need religion to tell you what to do
A good analogy for this would be that faith is kind of like having Jesus as a role model to learn from but not necessarily copy tothe point xD like, he said help those who are in need. Do that because they are in need, not just because you were told to.

But yeah, be a good person because we are all human beings, not just because you are afraid of the wrath of _______ insert religious figure here xD

Excel, that's a good way to live IMO
Bible thumpers and bible bashers are two extremes on both ends that are just intolerable
Theism and atheism can coexist, but when you start bashing people it just breeds hatred :c

(and sorry for super long walls of JESUS posts xP its an easy topic for me because I have have spent a good amount of time pondering my beliefs and also 12 years of catholic school to teach technical religious stuff. Coolest thing is learning about faiths from around the world. Mad cool ; u ;

lemme know if I'm bothering anyone by the way xP)

--

TKBro: fave brand new song?
:phone:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Tie Between Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades and The Boy who blocked his own shot

Not the sun is a close third.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I can agree with that first one : o
Second one, I made myself sick of half that album (haha), but that's still a good song
I really like Guernica, because it's a great song and a reference to a picasso piece o u o

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh lol album order was def

Deja Entendu = Devil and God > Your Favorite Weapon >>>>>>>>>>>> Daisy (really don't like daisy that much...still trying to find the good in it. lol)

also boy who blocked his own **** is just because its like one of the only songs I know how to play on guitar and we cover it a lot whenever there is a guitar around and I feel like singing. it really fits my voice I think.

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
I don't associate myself with any organized religion these days.

But the one thing I do believe in 100% is the golden rule: treating others as I want to be treated. That's how I try and live my life.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Yeah the problem with Christianity isn't the religion itself, which should be an open door policy for anyone interested; but how zealous people become about it and believe they have the right to condemn others *cough Westboro *cough. It makes me lose more faith in the human race (not that working in retail doesn't already do that) when I see people I should consider fellow Christians acting like a spiteful hate group.

I mean it would be nice to have more Christian friends around considering my how many people of different religions I'm friends with (not that I mind), but I'm not gonna force or condemn anyone for it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
My favorite part about christianity is this Jesus fellow.

He seems pretty legit, maybe if more christians were more christ like.

Only problem is that he has a problem getting crossed up.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The problem is that white people pretty much do the opposite of what the bibles tell them to do.

Christianity is all about believe the universe is controlled by a higher power, and that the higher power is inheirently good. If we should have faith in God's will, then we should be tolerant to all things that we disagree with, because it's probably in God's plan, so don't worry about it. The bible pretty much goes over how not to pass judgement onto others, because odds are the price is wrong,
White people use religion to isolate themselves and put everyone else down, which I'm pretty sure the bible explicitly states not to do that.

Honestly though while Jews are the most level headed they have the worst religion ever.

Top Bottom