• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I have something bothering me. I find a little weird that a good bit of famous people have passed away in the last few months. I understand dying is a part of life and everyone dies eventually. Usually when someone famous kicks the bucket, It's generally someone we never even heard of. The famous people that have died in the last few months were people that we've heard of. For example, EVERYONE knew who Michael Jackson was and it was a dark day in the music industry and everywhere else when he died. That's all for now.

P.S. Like I've said before, I understand dying is a part of life, but who knows, maybe someone was fooling around with Death Note especially the last week of June when Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Billy Mays( who you'd see on commercials like oxi clean and orange glow) died.
lol death note reference

But I totally see where your coming from it's like the stars are dropping like flies. Just some others that didn't die this year but died recently Steve Irwin and Bernie Mac.

I don't know. I just think that we are just used to seeing our favorite stars for so long and it just feels out of place when they leave us.

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
Were to start.... Well alright here it goes, like about 5 months ago my father revealed to me the most shocking revelation that would haunt my conscience to this very day. It all started when my mother and father were having an argument in the living room about something my late grandma(on fathers side) had mentioned. Which was basically what I picked on to as I walked in, I asked my mother what was wrong and she told me to ask my father. So I asked him and he told me my mother believes that he had a child with another women(I was shocked). I knew if this were to be true it would destroy my family.

So I sat down with them both and discussed the issue for about an hour with them in the hopes of cooling the situation down. Things really got out of hand...to the point where my mother started crying and shouting as well as accusing my father's action as the reason my older brother was taken away from her ( my older brother had died at the age of 11 from the steven johnson syndrome which he had got when he was 6). Afterwards she went on telling my dad that it was gods punishment for his unfaithfulness in their marriage. My father basically went on denying what I had a feeling was true(I had a brother or sister I didnt know about). I was skeptical about what I was hearing at first as well as a little traumatized (considering I had never seen my parents behave this way), but for some reason my heart started twitching as if it believed what my mother was saying was true.

Soon after that my mother stormed out of the house accompanied by my little brother to go buy something to eat. I stayed alone with my father in the living room determined to find out the truth. I asked him if any of this was true and he took a deep breath told me "If I tell your mother the truth you know very well that me and her will go our separate ways. If thats what your looking for then go ahead and tell her. I love your mother and I understand I made a mistake and I'm sorry." I slowly began to lose the respect I once had for my father(the coward had left a really heavy decision on my shoulders). I questioned him some more and found out to my surprise that I indeed had a sister and she was born around the same time period I was. Apparently I also found out that he had been writing her secret letters and visiting her once a year as well as hiding money that he would send her. My father had been keeping this a secret for years. When I asked for her name he refused to tell me(probably suspected that I would want to find her and make contact)but he mentioned that he would show me a picture of her he had on one of his old cell phones when he found it. He mentioned that she knew of me and my brothers existence and had promised her that when the time was right she would be allowed to meet us.

I had a choice to make before my mother got home, I could easily tell my mother the truth or lie to her and play along with my father. I didnt want to hurt my mother or see her cry again and deep down, I didnt want my family to tear apart so I decided to lie. When she got home I played along with my father until I convinced her that what my grandma had told her was nonsense. I left it at that but told myself that I would eventually tell her one day when the time was right, knowing that my father would never tell her. I've kept the truth bottled up inside my conscience ever since only telling two people about it(and now you guys). Which is my little brother and a close friend(both feel the same way I do on the course of action I took). Though my friend says its a heavy load to be carrying on my conscience.

As much as I try to forget about it..it just keeps coming back from time to time. I get this guilty feeling deep down when I start thinking about this because I know I will have to confront it again someday.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Were to start.... Well alright here it goes, like about 5 months ago my father revealed to me the most shocking revelation that would haunt my conscience to this very day. It all started when my mother and father were having an argument in the living room about something my late grandma(on fathers side) had mentioned. Which was basically what I picked on to as I walked in, I asked my mother what was wrong and she told me to ask my father. So I asked him and he told me my mother believes that he had a child with another women(I was shocked). I knew if this were to be true it would destroy my family.

So I sat down with them both and discussed the issue for about an hour with them in the hopes of cooling the situation down. Things really got out of hand...to the point where my mother started crying and shouting as well as accusing my father's action as the reason my older brother was taken away from her ( my older brother had died at the age of 11 from the steven johnson syndrome which he had got when he was 6). Afterwards she went on telling my dad that it was gods punishment for his unfaithfulness in their marriage. My father basically went on denying what I had a feeling was true(I had a brother or sister I didnt know about). I was skeptical about what I was hearing at first as well as a little traumatized (considering I had never seen my parents behave this way), but for some reason my heart started twitching as if it believed what my mother was saying was true.

Soon after that my mother stormed out of the house accompanied by my little brother to go buy something to eat. I stayed alone with my father in the living room determined to find out the truth. I asked him if any of this was true and he took a deep breath told me "If I tell your mother the truth you know very well that me and her will go our separate ways. If thats what your looking for then go ahead and tell her. I love your mother and I understand I made a mistake and I'm sorry." I slowly began to lose the respect I once had for my father(the coward had left a really heavy decision on my shoulders). I questioned him some more and found out to my surprise that I indeed had a sister and she was born around the same time period I was. Apparently I also found out that he had been writing her secret letters and visiting her once a year as well as hiding money that he would send her. My father had been keeping this a secret for years. When I asked for her name he refused to tell me(probably suspected that I would want to find her and make contact)but he mentioned that he would show me a picture of her he had on one of his old cell phones when he found it. He mentioned that she knew of me and my brothers existence and had promised her that when the time was right she would be allowed to meet us.

I had a choice to make before my mother got home, I could easily tell my mother the truth or lie to her and play along with my father. I didnt want to hurt my mother or see her cry again and deep down, I didnt want my family to tear apart so I decided to lie. When she got home I played along with my father until I convinced her that what my grandma had told her was nonsense. I left it at that but told myself that I would eventually tell her one day when the time was right, knowing that my father would never tell her. I've kept the truth bottled up inside my conscience ever since only telling two people about it(and now you guys). Which is my little brother and a close friend(both feel the same way I do on the course of action I took). Though my friend says its a heavy load to be carrying on my conscience.

As much as I try to forget about it..it just keeps coming back from time to time. I get this guilty feeling deep down when I start thinking about this because I know I will have to confront it again someday.
That's a really tough situation you're in there. I wouldn't have recommended lying to your mother, but what happened is done. I would have recommended just not talking to her about it, or lying and saying you didn't know any more than she did. It should be up to your father, not you, to tell her what's up. A relationship built on lies cannot last. He should come clean to your mother, tell her everything. If they can somehow reconcile over his old lapses in judgment, then good for them. If not, then... not. While it's more than understandable to want to preserve your family, it's already damaged, possibly beyond repair. Does your mother actually believe him? Probably not completely. But even if she does, you, your brother, and your father are all suffering from this burden. Keeping that burden hidden won't make the new truth any less true. Whether or not your mother knows, your father still cheated. Whether or not your parents are together, you still have a half-sister somewhere in the world.

So yeah, your father should come clean. At some point after that, you should talk to your mother and explain what you knew, when you knew it, and why you didn't tell her. You're her child, and your motives were only to protect her and your family in general, so she should be able to forgive you. Learning that her husband put that pressure on you won't help their relations, I suspect, but at this point, things are probably already lost.

I feel bad for laying it out, and it feels kind of harsh to say all this. Others may disagree with what I have to say, as well. But this is how I see it, and in my opinion, the path of openness and honesty in this situation will eventually lead to a better outcome. It seems likely that everything will come out eventually, especially if he plans on introducing his kids to each other in the future as he said. I just think the sooner it's out and the more forthcoming your father is, the sooner the healing can begin.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So... I'm trying to catch up in my classes; turn the idiot train around, so to speak.

It seems like I haven't even BEGUN to pay the consequences, as evidenced by my all-night run trying to finish a lab report for Friday, despite yesterday being Wednesday.

I really hope I get caught up soon, because this almost makes me WANT to go back to being an idiot.

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
That's a really tough situation you're in there. I wouldn't have recommended lying to your mother, but what happened is done. I would have recommended just not talking to her about it, or lying and saying you didn't know any more than she did. It should be up to your father, not you, to tell her what's up. A relationship built on lies cannot last. He should come clean to your mother, tell her everything. If they can somehow reconcile over his old lapses in judgment, then good for them. If not, then... not. While it's more than understandable to want to preserve your family, it's already damaged, possibly beyond repair. Does your mother actually believe him? Probably not completely. But even if she does, you, your brother, and your father are all suffering from this burden. Keeping that burden hidden won't make the new truth any less true. Whether or not your mother knows, your father still cheated. Whether or not your parents are together, you still have a half-sister somewhere in the world.

So yeah, your father should come clean. At some point after that, you should talk to your mother and explain what you knew, when you knew it, and why you didn't tell her. You're her child, and your motives were only to protect her and your family in general, so she should be able to forgive you. Learning that her husband put that pressure on you won't help their relations, I suspect, but at this point, things are probably already lost.

I feel bad for laying it out, and it feels kind of harsh to say all this. Others may disagree with what I have to say, as well. But this is how I see it, and in my opinion, the path of openness and honesty in this situation will eventually lead to a better outcome. It seems likely that everything will come out eventually, especially if he plans on introducing his kids to each other in the future as he said. I just think the sooner it's out and the more forthcoming your father is, the sooner the healing can begin.

Thanks for your opinion on the matter. Yes you have a point but the truth is if I reveal any of this to my mother anytime soon the results are going to be disastrous(I feel as if I just pulled the triger to a gun, theres no turning back now). I know for a fact she will never claim or accept my sister(a b@stard child is what I remember her saying when she was arguing with my father). So the result of me telling my mother the truth I fear will be the destruction of my family as I know it as both of my parents take their issues to court(I know she will forgive me but not my father).

And as for my father coming clean that I know will never happen(deep down he loves my mother, though he hasnt quite mustered enough valor to tell her himself, otherwise he would've by now). Thats why he threw his burden on me(who knows he probably wants the guilt of their divorce to land on me if I ever tell my mother). Even worse me and my brother might even get separated because of this(he is still young but mature and I know he would still suffer physiologically if this were to happen). No matter which way I look the results are still the same.

The only solution I've come up with so far is to seek my sister out personally when the times comes and discuss this with her. That is only if my father never tells my mother the truth. I dont plan on carrying this for the rest my life because I know it will surface one day and devour me if I do. I just have to find a way for my mother to accept my sister and forgive my father. Somehow.....in a way were it wont tear the very foundation of my family apart. I guess you can say I'm afraid of the consequences of what the truth has in store. :urg:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Orginal Oats, I really hope you talk to your dad about this. He should never have asked you to lie to save his marriage and he needs to understand that. He has to tell your mother your truth it's as simple as that. He needs to behave like the adult in this situation and asking your child to lie for you is the exact opposite of adult behavior.

Their relationship will not last if he keeps a secret like this from her. We're not talking about "I spent $400 on something we didn't need", this is another person, another child that your father has. This is huge. Not only that but your relationship with your mother is going to suffer because of this. When you keep a secret like this it only causes you to grow apart from the person that you're keeping it from. Trust me on this one as I have firsthand experience with it.

Divorce might sound like a terrible thing, and it is. But the results are going to be much worse if you or your father don't tell your mother the truth. As an aside I wouldn't worry about your mother not excepting your sister. If at some point you and your sister have a relationship and your mother doesn't want one with her that's ok. She has no biological relationship to her, as long as she's not demeaning your sister (assuming that in the future you have a relationship with her) there's nothing unexpected about that. It may just be too painful for her to have your sister in her life. But that's not something you really need to worry about now.

You should talk to your father, explain how unfair he's being in putting this burden on you and then give him a time frame in which he needs to tell your mother what happened. The shorter the better. Personally I'd give him a week.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Agreed.

Divorce from the truth, in the end, would be much better than divorce from discovering a lie for everyone involved.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Off topic but is anyone else getting this annoying page glitch? It says we're on page 64 of 65 even though this is the last page.

:mad:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah it happens on a few other threads too.

Really annoying because it refreshes the page everytime you post a quick reply.

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
Orginal Oats, I really hope you talk to your dad about this. He should never have asked you to lie to save his marriage and he needs to understand that. He has to tell your mother your truth it's as simple as that. He needs to behave like the adult in this situation and asking your child to lie for you is the exact opposite of adult behavior.

Their relationship will not last if he keeps a secret like this from her. We're not talking about "I spent $400 on something we didn't need", this is another person, another child that your father has. This is huge. Not only that but your relationship with your mother is going to suffer because of this. When you keep a secret like this it only causes you to grow apart from the person that you're keeping it from. Trust me on this one as I have firsthand experience with it.

Divorce might sound like a terrible thing, and it is. But the results are going to be much worse if you or your father don't tell your mother the truth. As an aside I wouldn't worry about your mother not excepting your sister. If at some point you and your sister have a relationship and your mother doesn't want one with her that's ok. She has no biological relationship to her, as long as she's not demeaning your sister (assuming that in the future you have a relationship with her) there's nothing unexpected about that. It may just be too painful for her to have your sister in her life. But that's not something you really need to worry about now.

You should talk to your father, explain how unfair he's being in putting this burden on you and then give him a time frame in which he needs to tell your mother what happened. The shorter the better. Personally I'd give him a week.
I will take into consideration everything you just told me Chill. I will talk to my father about this predicament and try to find a final solution. But knowing my father he'll probably leave it up to me(I just know he doesnt have the valor to stand up to my mother and tell her the truth). Unless maybe I pressure him. Though my father did warn me before he told me the truth months back he mentioned "every relationship isn't perfect, and somethings are just best left untold" but I insisted and pressured him until he told me the truth. Now I really regret that. I kinda wished I never knew the truth.

I wonder if I'll regret my next move as well(to think that they've been together for almost 26 years without the slightest problem). And then this BS pops out of nowhere and threatens to tear everything down. :urg:

Scott!

Smash Lord
I will take into consideration everything you just told me Chill. I will talk to my father about this predicament and try to find a final solution. But knowing my father he'll probably leave it up to me(I just know he doesnt have the valor to stand up to my mother and tell her the truth). Unless maybe I pressure him. Though my father did warn me before he told me the truth months back he mentioned "every relationship isn't perfect, and somethings are just best left untold" but I insisted and pressured him until he told me the truth. Now I really regret that. I kinda wished I never knew the truth.

I wonder if I'll regret my next move as well(to think that they've been together for almost 26 years without the slightest problem). And then this BS pops out of nowhere and threatens to tear everything down. :urg:
Let me just say this: If things end up so that you are the one who tells your mother (which isn't how it should be, but still, things happen), if that happens, it is NOT YOUR FAULT if your parents divorce. It is the fault of your father for hiding such a massive secret from your mother for so long and not coming clean. If he blames you, he's just being a coward who can't accept the consequences of his own actions. If your mother blames you, then she is still in denial, or is being irrational, or some other reason. The truth will come out. It's only a matter of time. I agree with Chill on pretty much everything. You have to talk to your father, definitely. As for the ultimatum, it's up to you how long it is if you give him one, but whatever it is, you have to be ready for the possibility that you will have to follow through and tell your mother yourself.

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
Let me just say this: If things end up so that you are the one who tells your mother (which isn't how it should be, but still, things happen), if that happens, it is NOT YOUR FAULT if your parents divorce. It is the fault of your father for hiding such a massive secret from your mother for so long and not coming clean. If he blames you, he's just being a coward who can't accept the consequences of his own actions. If your mother blames you, then she is still in denial, or is being irrational, or some other reason. The truth will come out. It's only a matter of time. I agree with Chill on pretty much everything. You have to talk to your father, definitely. As for the ultimatum, it's up to you how long it is if you give him one, but whatever it is, you have to be ready for the possibility that you will have to follow through and tell your mother yourself.
Your absolutely right. I just hope it doesn't turn out like that but I'm preparing for it if comes down to it. I will do my best to persuade and convince my father to do whats right. If he doesnt man up I will reveal the truth to my mother in front of him when he least expects it. I wonder if he'll try to bull**** himself out that situation or accept it.

I should probably consult my younger brother as well so he is aware of what planning(He'll probably tell me "Are you fuc kin high? we got everything just the way we want it and you want to go ahead and fu ck everything up!"). He'll probably disagree with me but I'll have to wait and see.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And so ends the worst month and a half of my life.

*weary fist pump.*

I finally got my ****ing car fixed.

*passes out from both kinds of exhaustion, physical and mental.*

Smooth Criminal

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Off topic but is anyone else getting this annoying page glitch? It says we're on page 64 of 65 even though this is the last page.

:mad:
Best I can figure is there were posts before hand that were deleted and even though -we- can't see them, they are still there for Mods. Enough deleted posts that they make a new page every now and then. :)

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy XI is bothering me.

I just downloaded and installed a 14-day free trial, and spent 1 1/2 days figuring out how to retrieve my registration code and another 1/2 day after entering the code updating FFXI.

Regardless I'm hyped for this. It doesn't hurt that this is the end of an exasperating week, in which I just found out that my two-day-late project got full credit regardless. I'm... speechless at that, actually. Does anyone who's college-savvy want to try to guess why THAT happened? An oversight by the TA, or intentional?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Best I can figure is there were posts before hand that were deleted and even though -we- can't see them, they are still there for Mods. Enough deleted posts that they make a new page every now and then. :)
I used to mod and I know smashboards doesn't keep deleted posts. I guess it's just a glitch.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I guess. Sometimes, though, when I search posts and I click on one, it will take me to the page but the post won't be there even though the search says it should be. >.>

Proverbs

Smash Lord
So, I'm still stuck on that girl I mentioned ages ago, and I found out that she still doesn't like me...but it's good, getting this cleared up really helps us deepen our friendship. I'd like to see that happen regardless. It's a weird feeling, but I think I'm okay with it.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Girls are overdramatic.
2 good friends arent friends anymore because one is overly abrasive while the other feels threatened.
The abrasive one is one of my best friends...but i really cant defend her anymore after she's basically blown up at me NUMEROUS times this year. One reason was because I "ignored" her when i was having a bad day. Its all about her in her mind =__=|l|

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So one of my friends at school has cancer (not the kind of cancer you lie about on the internet, frowns on koth)

And it just reminds me how fragile life really is. I was just wondering if you die so young what kind of impression do you leave on this world, if you never had the chance to do anything?

pickle962

Smash Lord
I need to get this off my chest. There's this girl at my school who I'm friends with. For the last few days, she hasn't been talking to me. Here's why. Last week, we had an incentive for good behavior. Anyway, It was few minutes till the bell rang for 7th hour and I went to go put my shoes on. I felt something in one of my shoes. It was a brownie. (It was wrapped in plastic and it wasn't smushed.) It turns out the girl who I'm friends with put the brownie in my shoe. She said it was a love token and she wanted me to eat it. I wasn't really hungry and I'm not big on sweets. I like sweets now and then, but I didn't feel like eating the brownie and I did probably the DUMBEST THING ever. I threw the brownie away and needless to say, the girl is still mad at me. I've tried to get her to start talking to me again, but with no success. I don't know what to do. I really like this girl and I fully regret throwing that brownie away. I seriously have no clue as for what to do now.(sigh) I blew it this time:(
Just so you guys know. The girl and I are friends ONLY. Nothing more.

Life is meaningless. You should all probably kill yourselves.
As should you.

pickle962 said:
I need to get this off my chest. There's this girl at my school who I'm friends with. For the last few days, she hasn't been talking to me. Here's why. Last week, we had an incentive for good behavior. Anyway, It was few minutes till the bell rang for 7th hour and I went to go put my shoes on. I felt something in one of my shoes. It was a brownie. (It was wrapped in plastic and it wasn't smushed.) It turns out the girl who I'm friends with put the brownie in my shoe. She said it was a love token and she wanted me to eat it. I wasn't really hungry and I'm not big on sweets. I like sweets now and then, but I didn't feel like eating the brownie and I did probably the DUMBEST THING ever. I threw the brownie away and needless to say, the girl is still mad at me. I've tried to get her to start talking to me again, but with no success. I don't know what to do. I really like this girl and I fully regret throwing that brownie away. I seriously have no clue as for what to do now.(sigh) I blew it this time
Just so you guys know. The girl and I are friends ONLY. Nothing more.
The girl is merely overreacting, all because you threw away a brownie?

If she will not respond to you, then I suggest giving her a 'love token' back, as in making something for her.
And if you do that, put effort into it, and make whatever it is (i.e. a sweet, a card, whatever you choose) look like you did put effort into it.

If she doesn't accept that, then it's completely her problem. If she really wanted to be friends with you, then she is at fault here.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Ok. Here's the story. A woman gets pulled over in Texas for doing an illegal u-turn. The cop writes her a ticket. She's been a US citizen for 11 years. When he goes to talk to her she does not speak any english. May I remind you she's been a US citizen for 11 years? The cop writes her a ticket for the u-turn, driving without a license, and for driving without being able to speak english (no joke). She feels humiliated because of this. Actually, that's a valid ticket reason... But only for commercial vehicles (buses, trucks, limos). Her daughter makes this quote:

"I'm now afraid of police officers because they might stop my mom again."

Well ****. Maybe if your mom wasn't doing illegal driving (as in the u-turn) in front of cops then they wouldn't have to pull her over! I do not condone the "driving while not speaking english (although US citizen for 11 years, come on lady...), but "I'm afraid of cops because they might stop my mom"? I hate dense people. The girl was 11 btw. Old enough to have enough common sense to know people get pulled over all the time... Especially when THERE'S A NO U-TURN SIGN IN FRONT OF THEM!

I hate people.

Smash Master
My scientific calculator died 2 hours before the midterm. I tried pounding on the reset button, no dice. I called my friends... two didn't pick up the phone (they prolly have class) and one offered to let me borrw his, but when I got to his place it was also non-functional. I'm really starting to panic now because the midterm is 30% of my grade.

I'm screwed for life, again... you know, putting things in perspective, bad grade = bad job = lousier friends = lifelong unhappiness.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
That's absolutely not in perspective.

Five, ten, twenty years from now, I guarantee that your grade on one test is not going to be of any material significance. Your priorities are messed up!

That said, I'm sure someone in your class (either teacher or student) will have a spare calculator they'd be willing to lend you.

Smash Master
That's absolutely not in perspective.

Five, ten, twenty years from now, I guarantee that your grade on one test is not going to be of any material significance. Your priorities are messed up!

That said, I'm sure someone in your class (either teacher or student) will have a spare calculator they'd be willing to lend you.
What step in my logic is vague or incorrect? I'm pretty sure this is gonna affect my GPA, and I'm pretty sure employers care about that.

I took the midterm without a calculator. There were a few issues involving tricky math, but it's not the overarching reason why I bombed the test regardless. Meh, I guess at this point its not so bad. If I'm right and a bad test screws me out of a good job, I can relish in the fact that my bitter cynicism proved infallable once again. If I'm wrong and I can still land decent employment (50K+) even with this poor mark, then who cares if I have to reevaluate my premises? I have money!

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
One test in one of your classes will NOT affect you down the line, I guarantee it. How can you possibly think one test will somehow screw over your life?

A series of bad tests or a pattern of bad tests, on the other hand, can. But your personality is going to cause you a lot of stress in the future (for that matter, it already is), regardless of whether you do well in classes or not. Take a step back, breathe, and don't forget to reflect on life and enjoy it now and then!

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
About 2 weeks ago, I was full contact sparring with a fellow TKD buddy. Our legs clashed and his knee ended up bashing me straight in the shin. Now it feels like there is a dent in my shin and if I put pressure on it, it hurts like ****. I went to the university wellness center and they told me it's probably just soft tissue damage but I should go to the hospital to get it x-rayed to ensure nothing is broken (I'm still walking, running, jumping, and doing all normal activities btw).
Is it worth going? Or should I just let nature take its course?

pickle962

Smash Lord
If I were you, I'd go get it X-rayed just to make sure nothing is broken. After all, It's like that old saying better safe than sorry.

Overload

Smash Lord
I agree that you should get it checked out. Better to find out if it's broken or not so you don't risk further damage.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Not really a problem but Id like advice on it.

You see there is this girl in my class. She gets called ugly, annoying, fat, etc. I also think she is unbearable... but at the same time I feel like I should do something about the excessive name calling. But again I dont like her because of the annoyances shes given me. What should I do? I mean I dont like being with her but I feel like I should help her or something. Like tell everybody to stop it or hang out with her and warm up to her more or something..... again HELP!

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
One test in one of your classes will NOT affect you down the line, I guarantee it. How can you possibly think one test will somehow screw over your life?

A series of bad tests or a pattern of bad tests, on the other hand, can. But your personality is going to cause you a lot of stress in the future (for that matter, it already is), regardless of whether you do well in classes or not. Take a step back, breathe, and don't forget to reflect on life and enjoy it now and then!
I'll admit I've got the same mindset, but I'm seeing a counselor.

My problem is I have problems balancing my social life with my school life. And I honestly feel like my school life should take second place, though not the distant second place it's at now. My social life, quite frankly, needs a LOT of work.

One thing is... I can't ask questions. Like... I dunno, if I need help, I... panic, basically. I feel like asking someone is completely giving them control over this aspect, which of course means I can only hope you get a "yes". Granted, this decision is, to some extent based on my character. If I miss class twice in a row, who'd say yes? Not quite as many people as if I had skipped only once or maybe twice two separate times. Thus to me... asking turns into something more complicated than I feel it should be. The whole "establish long record of positive behavior THEN ask" thing is something I hate exists, but I deal with it the best I can.

Anyway, what's actually bothering me right now:

My friend (as some of you referred to him, an "acquaintance") suggested I try a free-trial of FFXI. No problem.

BUT, he wants me to experience it for myself, which is confusing. Why should our friendship/acquaintanceship suddenly become two-faced for the sake of me "experiencing" a game for myself? It bothers me a lot, especially since we normally enjoy each other's company, AND I've been more or less on my own for about 2 to 3 days and have run into all sorts of things. I dunno... I want to hold out, but it's honestly torture putting up with people IRL, and it's not much better on the internet/online. PLUS, it's my first MMO. I feel stranded.

I enjoy the gaming and party aspect, don't get me wrong, but... it's just a huge blow to me for him to just ditch me so I can "experience" the game for myself.

The thing is... things have gotten kinda tense between us because of this. Mostly because I really don't understand what he's trying to do to me. Is this the "freshman/n00b hazing"? Is this supposed to be me stretching my boundaries socially? Or (which I hope it isn't) is it simply that I'm unqualified to run around with him and I'd embarrass him in front of his FFXI friends AKA I'm useless baggage? I know it's my fault for starting the arguments... but if I knew what he was trying to do exactly then it'd be less.

I just hope it isn't like this for the remaining 8 or 9 days left of the free trial, or I will have lost almost all of my respect for him.

Really though, does anyone with MMO experience know what he's trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom