• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm emotionally conflicted. It really hurts. I hate it when people you care about just start distancing themselves from you...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yeah thats not fun at all.

maybe they just need a little space..or ask them whats goin on? sometimes its good to confront those people

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'm emotionally conflicted. It really hurts. I hate it when people you care about just start distancing themselves from you...
Rough. that's no fun :(
i hate it too but me saying that is slightly hypocritical because I tend to distance peopel after relationships.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That sucks Proverbs. And normally I'm here complaining about something I completely couldn't have control over (like today my ****ing brother wakes me up at 9 o'clock on my ****ing birthday on a ****ing weekend), but yesterday even though I should have been bothered by very many things, I just wasn't. Ut was pretty awesome.

So yes, something is bothering me today. My brother.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ I was going to make a "going away" topic for all the people who cared, but since it's against the rules, I shall just copy-paste my going away post from my Forum Games social group to this thread. I don't give a **** whether I get sympathy or not, I just want to let people know that Smashboards as a whole is bothering me. So, without further ado, here's my copy-pasted post.

"♣ People, you don't understand why I'm leaving, do you? My great time here only lasted until 2009. It took me this long to find out that nobody likes me here.

This place is depressing and discouraging. There are so many "social groups for really cool people" here, and I've been invited to none. I've known that I'm the uncoolest piece of **** to ever disgrace SWF, but you people don't have to remind me about it.

What am I doing here? This is almost making me break my teeth from gritting them so much just thinking about how miserable all the "cool" and "sexy" people have made me feel. I came to SWF to get rid of that emotion. I thought I had finally found some good friends. The only one I found was FinNess. And now you're reaching for us from the coordinates of the bottom of this forum, not even knowing where we've gone to hang out at. I've invited you ALL to this special place of ours thrice, but you don't seem to care enough to even join there.

So, before I rant on any further, goodbye. I'd rather die than come back here. ♣"

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hey that's not entirely true Sly:(, you never gave me an invite. I'm friendly with everybody that is willing to provide and appreciate gratitude. Have you met Peachy? She has the coolest social group on SWF, where we invite our friends to it, there's over 500 awesome people over there. ;)

I'll send you a friend request right now:). Here's my aim : MLS Zero. Message me whenever you're bored, if I'm not away, I'll definitely answer you.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
^^ is truth

gotta be you, in the long run people will like you more for being you the whole time

Smash Master
What, exactly, are you basing that off of? Are there no longer certain traits that are more desirable than others? Are these traits not possible to fake?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
♣ I was going to make a "going away" topic for all the people who cared, but since it's against the rules, I shall just copy-paste my going away post from my Forum Games social group to this thread. I don't give a **** whether I get sympathy or not, I just want to let people know that Smashboards as a whole is bothering me. So, without further ado, here's my copy-pasted post.

"♣ People, you don't understand why I'm leaving, do you? My great time here only lasted until 2009. It took me this long to find out that nobody likes me here.

This place is depressing and discouraging. There are so many "social groups for really cool people" here, and I've been invited to none. I've known that I'm the uncoolest piece of **** to ever disgrace SWF, but you people don't have to remind me about it.

What am I doing here? This is almost making me break my teeth from gritting them so much just thinking about how miserable all the "cool" and "sexy" people have made me feel. I came to SWF to get rid of that emotion. I thought I had finally found some good friends. The only one I found was FinNess. And now you're reaching for us from the coordinates of the bottom of this forum, not even knowing where we've gone to hang out at. I've invited you ALL to this special place of ours thrice, but you don't seem to care enough to even join there.

So, before I rant on any further, goodbye. I'd rather die than come back here. ♣"
It sucks that you are leaving like this and feel so isolated. Social groups are just a way for people to talk/spam without us really caring what they do. I wouldn't use those to gauge anything, as the Livvery one said.

To reiterate what Zero said, I am on AIM, my name is in my profile. If you need someone to just vent to, I'm here. Livvers too. If you can get her name, she's probably one of the most amazing and interesting people you can meet on here. She listens well too.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Livvers is right you need to lighten up and not get so upset what people say, ya its annoying but you got to remember you don't know these people and they don't know you so they really wont affect your life but there are those who actually care for people on SWF and if you really care for what people think listen to those guys, they're the ones that really matter

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
i know what its like to lose friends..
i know what it feels like to have a connection with a group of people who understood u and considered you to be a part of them..
i know what it feels like to suddenly get tossed away like a used condom...and feeling as if they never even knew u or ever existed in their lives...

but come on dude...its a part of life..we all live it..
don't be sad. =(

look at the picture in my sig..
the one with the kitten saying "rawr" u know it will make you at least smirk. :3

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
thats a KITTEN!

BAHAHAAHA

anyway...being casted away by people who you thought were friends is something that isnt that uncommon...accept that they werent you're real friends..all you can really do

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ I've decided to come back to Smashboards. I'm sorry for what I said. This wasn't worth fussing over. You're all right. Social groups are just fun stuff, and I shouldn't have gotten so upset over such trivial things.

Thanks to everybody who cheered me up.

Also, I feel for you, Pluvia. Although it does happen a lot, it's sad. But later, you might have gotten over it all, and if you've gotten over it enough, you can try to make some new friends. ♣

Frown

poekmon
♣ I've decided to come back to Smashboards. I'm sorry for what I said. This wasn't worth fussing over. You're all right. Social groups are just fun stuff, and I shouldn't have gotten so upset over such trivial things.

Thanks to everybody who cheered me up.

Also, I feel for you, Pluvia. Although it does happen a lot, it's sad. But later, you might have gotten over it all, and if you've gotten over it enough, you can try to make some new friends. ♣
Good choice. Welcome back.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yo Sly Fox if you ever want to talk, hit me up on aim, sympTom129. That goes for everyone, but I see your name around Forum Games a lot and I'm your mod so you might as well get some red name lovin'. You're not going to get it from the other one, Eor. Nobody will. LOL

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Same goes for me. I'm always online, just drop me a line, I'm always good to listen

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What really gets to me is how everyone sees me as this nutjob character who has no heart and cracks loads of crude jokes. Apparently I'm funny too, but the problem with this is that people only take this side of me into consideration.

Whenever I want to be serious, or say something serious, whenever I feel like showing my deeper side, nobody wants to know.

I mean seriously, I say something serious and all I get is "uhuh" "mm".

Then I give up and crack some dirty joke and get a "lolololololol" and lots of conversation. Then people think I'm completely one dimensional.

I don't even know why I'm writing this, I guess I'm just sick of having my deeper, more serious side ignored all my life.

F***.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I kind of know where you are coming from. People think I have a really cynical view on life, and just expect negativity and snide remarks about everything that happens. My sister even said I should write a book. But people only really want to hear it for the lolz, and it kind of sucks because then you aren't ever really taken seriously and no one listens...

its cool. get **** off the chest yo

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey thanks.

It's nice to get it off my chest, but it would be nicer if people ****ing listened for once instead.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I know bro, eventually people will listen as they mature and realize that everyone has a serious side. Or maybe showing people that there is something that you do seriously would make them realize that you have that side.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've given up with trying to let people see that side of me now.

I think people actually want me to be a tasteless ***hole lol.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Cuz its funny. People enjoy funny.

For me, I got in a really serious relationship and tahts when people took me seriously as a person

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Relationships are so ftl for someone my age.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOL. lets stop usuing the page if you want you can IM me about ish :)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Long *****/rant incoming.

I don’t like the feeling of “loosening up”. Maybe at the moment I do, but afterwards I feel horrible. All I can think about is “****, why did I say that? What did that look that person give me mean? Did I make myself look like a fool? Do people think I’m a moron now? Did I fail to keep my best foot forward? Did that change what people think of me?”

I don’t really care what most people think of me, but some people get the honour of being able to influence me and I do care what they think. I just don’t like feeling like I let my guard down just a little too much. Maybe what I showed for a minute isn’t what I think is entirely proper or right? You could say I don’t like having fun. I’m just so used to having to keep up a very kept together and clean front that I’m afraid of what will happen when people see less than that.

What happens to me in the long run after I get drunk for a night? If I for a moment let myself be less than my absolute best, I feel like that makes me less than my best. Now I know that from a logical and realistic perspective it doesn’t mean anything. However, I’m a very paranoid person and I rarely am able to apply any of my logical or realistic views to my own life. I’m to busy analyzing life for other people and helping them keep things together that I don’t have time to sort out my own messes. Even when I do, I feel like I’m on my own to do it. Why can’t someone come alongside my and help me figure things out for once?

A bunch of other things are all piled on top of me right now too. I recently came out so I'm still dealing with some collateral damage in regards to that. School is heating up for me; I'm doing pretty well now but it's difficult for me to manage my stress levels with all the work I'm doing. I used to be a very artistic and creative person but I don't have time to sit back and just enjoy doing that. Even if I do manage to draw something or play music, all I can do is sketch a horseshoe crab or play an easy sonatina (I could play Mozart's Fantasia in D minor a few months ago...). My single status keeps getting to me because all of my friends are dating people or at the very least hooking up.

Everything just seems so out of balance right now. I need someone to talk to and I don’t feel like I have that right now.

:mad:
:(
*sigh*

Sorry for the wall of text.

oh, AIM is in my profile if anyone has anything to say that they don't want to say here.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I know what you mean. We can talk about it over AIM sometime if you're up for it. I already visitor messaged you ^_^

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So my parents are concerned about me. I'm concerned about me. My friends... well, they're evidently just there.

I've so far turned in two projects late, the most recent one (the one I turned in today) was two days late.

At a 5% penalty per late day, it's not a big deal grade-wise, but it's just the principle of the thing that bothers me. If people procrastinate on something because they don't prioritize, then... that means that I somehow don't think college is important?

Well, it's evidently important enough that I must berate myself constantly for some stupid thing I did, but I've begun to take the view that the piece of paper that's at the end of the tunnel is not really as good for getting a job as it's made out to be. Knowing that, and the fact that all I seem to be good at is studying (because I know very well I'm not cut out for competitive ANYTHING, let alone Smash), I'm honestly kinda scared.

My dad told me that it would be just fine with them if I dropped out of college (not like I'm going to) and came back to my hometown and worked in the grocery store or whatever... but I'm thinking "What if I'm not even cut out for something as simple as THAT?" Seriously, I can't follow verbal instructions in a timely manner, as I've learned from being with my dad for almost 18 years.

Maybe I'm just obsolete as a human being?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
There's no such thing as being obsolete as a human being. Look champ, you just gotta keep your head up. A true testament to the will is when things are all against you and it looks like theres nowhere to turn. You don't have to do it on your own. Seek help. It seems like you really need professional help.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey man, I recently procrastinated on a Presentation on Robert E. Lee. All night, then day, then had to present it. I wasn't sure if I did well or not, and I was quite nervous. Also, I was playing Chrono Cross from Thursday till Sunday, and beat it. Then started Presentation on Monday night, finished early Wednesday, and presented it at 10:30 am. ;3

Now today, I have work to do and I am playing games.

But you ARE a normal human being. People make mistakes, people have habits, either good or bad.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Making bad choices are always fun for a while. That's what college is for. Then we grow and life sucks :(

But hey, you can still have fun and make good choices :)

MojoMan

Smash Ace
mm, im pissed. i just got the **** beaten out of me by a supposed transvestite because I'm a pacifist and I refused to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom