• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
There, fixed

When any ****ty movie that gets enough hype is GUARANTEED to turn a profit, why would you bother making good movies?

Less effort = easier to make = ****tier movies = larger amount of ****ty movies = more profit
Yeah, maybe you're true.
Marketing and hype are a true cancer for the actual society, especially in america where stuff is told to be 1000 times better than it really is
Hollywood should return back to his good old days when they actually tried to go less and better movies. Thats what they do in Europe right now. If you do a movie, do a good one

malva00

Smash Master
so looks like I've stumbled upon a Japanese 2on2 tournament it's starting in 15 mins hopefully my team doesn't go 0-1

edit: nvm it's not a team tournament lol i guess it's a 2on2 crew tourney.. 2-0 to win, winners face off if 1-1. my team is the DREAM TEAM (FAUST picked the name)

i guess semifinals are next I better camp like crazy with my 8 frame kirby (server play)

FINAL EDIT: it's over my team of FAUST/MALVA lost to Red Mario and some Kirby dude in the finals or something I dunno but we lost ***

Denti

Smash Master
hey! ive always wanted to get into competitive smash 64. can someone give me the DL on ho competitive smash 64? do you guys play it on the 64? or on an emulator? and where do you guys practice at and such? ;D

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
hey! ive always wanted to get into competitive smash 64. can someone give me the DL on ho competitive smash 64? do you guys play it on the 64? or on an emulator? and where do you guys practice at and such? ;D
hi, i think i know you from barlw

People mostly play online, though actual competitive tournaments are usually offline (usually on the West Coast in California or such) or in major melee/brawl tournaments.

People use project 64k and Super Smash Bros (U) [!] for computer. I cannot personally post the websites as it would be illegal
(Google it)
. You can find the server, Galaxy 64 (East coast based, but there is very low lag/delay), in the stickies or using P2P (1v1 with VERY minimum delay/lag)

Also, play on Excellent or Lan connection, much better

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can get used to keyboard, if you have an open mind when it comes to keyboard setups.

Just saying.

malva00

Smash Master
Why is Hyrule listed as a counterpick at all if it's excluded from DSR? And I'm sad Saffron City isn't allowed. :(

Everything else looks good though.
What you talking about? It's not excluded from DSR. If it WASN'T excluded, you could have 3 Hyrule games in a best of five. The max you can have is two.

Guess I have to make it clearer.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
i like the hyrule rule, im biased because it is the main stage that i play friendlies on :D....but no
extreme camping is so stupid.. jk. camping shouldn't be rewarded by a warning, it should be rewarded by perma ban. or just ban for ten years like maple story lol :D

Denti

Smash Master
thx! you guys are troopers! and im not much of a keyboard kinda person, but i do know xbox 360 controllers work on emulators so i think i'll just stick with that. i hope to join ya'll soon! of course like everyone who starts im not guna be great just yet.

earthadept

Smash Lord
my friends want to do a 64 crew battle. what rules do you guys think would be best? the ones MALVA just posted?

edit - where'd it go?!?!

Frogles

Smash Ace
It was some other guy who added you first...maybe you, I "corrected" some stuff :D
nah it wasnt me. some dude on kaillera was talkin about smash wikia so i thought i'd look myself up.

and your "corrections" are pretty hurtful koro. top professional to semi-pro? one of the best players to one of the better players? haters gonna hate i guess...

top pro frog signin out

malva00

Smash Master
My comp crashed while using 3d8 with pj64k(nothing new), but after restarting, pj64k won't let me use 3d7 or 3d6 1.40. I get 4 graphics errors then it closes.

So now I've switched to 3d6 1.5.2, and it works pretty well. You can see the hand in the character select screen. If anyone still uses 3d7, I suggest trying 3d6 1.5.2 (not 3d6. 1.40)

Top Bottom