• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

killa k

Smash Ace
So I finally got to see what it was like to play Japanese players in smash. I played this Yoshi main named Neito. He was pretty good and he beat me majority of the matches, but I think if it wasn't 11 frames I could have taken him lol. He was also a pretty nice guy :).

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So I finally got to see what it was like to play Japanese players in smash. I played this Yoshi main named Neito. He was pretty good and he beat me majority of the matches, but I think if it wasn't 11 frames I could have taken him lol. He was also a pretty nice guy :).
Thats how I feel when i go to G64.
And I wouldnt even try to go to a japanese serv0r cuz the match would be over before my input reacts, *sad face*

malva00

Smash Master
How do you guys feel about me using the adsense thing for my youtube channel and constantly uploading online matches?

"You own or have express permission to use and monetize all audio and video content that you upload -- no exceptions."

Would that stop me?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
How do you guys feel about me using the adsense thing for my youtube channel and constantly uploading online matches?

"You own or have express permission to use and monetize all audio and video content that you upload -- no exceptions."

Would that stop me?
You mean becoming a youtube partner? Go for it, you get paid just for uploading videos.

As long as the content in your video(s) are not owned by someone else(or you got permission to upload something you don't own), there's no copyright infringement.
If you bought the game, and record your own footage of it, it's yours.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I would do that, if not for the fact that I use lots of copyrighted music and they would prob. close my account if I turned into a partner.

DMoogle

A$

Would that stop me?
Would you be constantly deleting them as quickly as you'd be putting them up, like it seems you do every time you get the urge to upload online matches? :p

Mathy

Smash Apprentice
So when are Zenyore and Holy going to play on the n64 they don't live that far from each other
Not interested. I don't really play smash on any consoles anymore, beside with friends that actually lives close and that i see once in a while.

Even though i don't live far away(still other city) from agony, nephiros and zenyore, i probably won't ever see them. I don't feel like ''meeting'' them just to play smash. Playing online is fine by me.

malva00

Smash Master
You mean becoming a youtube partner? Go for it, you get paid just for uploading videos.

As long as the content in your video(s) are not owned by someone else(or you got permission to upload something you don't own), there's no copyright infringement.
If you bought the game, and record your own footage of it, it's yours.
if i decide to do it, does this mean I should take down the japanese combo vids (the ones with music) and the japanese tv show video?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
As you go through the YouTube partnership application eventually you get to a page where it mentions use of video game footage and you have to explain why you think it's legal to use for adsense. If they disagree with your reasoning, they may remove your infringing videos. That's why I'm not using it unless someone finds out for sure it's ok.

Frogles

Smash Ace
so i saw avatar in regular and imax 3d. regular 3d strained my eyes in the beginning and looked like a cheap gimmick compared to imax 3d. visuals were amazing either way though.

so anybody who hasnt seen it yet go see it in imax 3d.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's quite good, but it's really overhyped. The visuals were amazing and the plot was unwinding well, but halfway through it became really, really predictable and the character development stopped (they barely mentioned the main character's paraplegic status in the second half).

ballin4life

Smash Hero
The plot was lol but I will say that you did feel like you were actually on the alien planet. They did a really good job with the special effects. Also the action sequences were ok. It was entertaining but it kinda sucks because it could have been a classic if the plot and message weren't so cliche.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
It's quite good, but it's really overhyped. The visuals were amazing and the plot was unwinding well, but halfway through it became really, really predictable and the character development stopped (they barely mentioned the main character's paraplegic status in the second half).
mm it was fair good but wayy to much build up, cut half an hour off and it would've been awesome.

earthadept

Smash Lord
So, I finally got a USB N64 adapter and tried out playing online in the galaxy 64 server. The lag was pretty bad, and I played against two of the biggest scrubs I've ever seen. Though, this legendary line was uttered: <323mb> actually your face is one of the worst players ive everplayed. Anyone wanna play p2p/able to help me set it up?

Lovage

Smash Hero
smash dreams

(1:08:18 AM) lingbling6: i had a dream
(1:08:22 AM) lingbling6: i was walking near my hotel room
(1:08:25 AM) lingbling6: near my house
(1:08:34 AM) lingbling6: and there was a store or restaurant called KEFIT
(1:08:46 AM) Kefit42: that is strange
(1:08:49 AM) lingbling6: and i asked the guy standing there
(1:08:53 AM) lingbling6: if anyone there was named kefit
(1:08:58 AM) lingbling6: and he said, yes there is actrually
(1:09:02 AM) lingbling6: and he showed me that guy
(1:09:04 AM) lingbling6: who was very busy
(1:09:08 AM) lingbling6: some old guy
(1:09:10 AM) lingbling6: and i asked him
(1:09:14 AM) lingbling6: do you play smash 64?
(1:09:16 AM) lingbling6: and he just looked at me
(1:09:19 AM) lingbling6: and went back to work

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Avatar is the typical movie where the focus at the visuals to make it very eye-candy, but they forgot to try to write a great story, which is written by an inspiration of several movies. Avatar 5/10, sad face

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Avatar is the typical movie where the focus at the visuals to make it very eye-candy, but they forgot to try to write a great story, which is written by an inspiration of several movies. Avatar 5/10, sad face
I've heard this, that the story is predictable/something you've seen before. It's hard to be very original in this day and age. For anything you can think of, at least something similar has been used somewhere.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've heard this, that the story is predictable/something you've seen before. It's hard to be very original in this day and age. For anything you can think of, at least something similar has been used somewhere.
No. Hollywood lacks immagination, something that for example, the Japanese, dont.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It's not necessarily that hollywood lacks imagination, it's that even a cliche plot can make bajillions (as Avatar did). There are some innovative movies from hollywood.

It is true that certain archetypes are present in many movies/shows/books/whatever (see tvtropes.com )
but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. They help structure the plot in a way that helps the audience understand it. That way the author's message can be highlighted and recognized, instead of the audience wondering what's going on.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Katamari Damacy. Need I say more? The Japanese are the most imaginative peeps on the planet. Or they're constantly tripping on acid, either way.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Daedatheus.

One more thing, how's that AT/Advanced play/little things you probably missed about SSB64 thread going? With VC Smash64 out, it'll be the first thing Brawl kids come to. I'll remake a Smash Index thread once it's up and about, even if it's just a skeleton of the finished product.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Yeah, about the Smash Index... I'd like to help out with that if you want... so... is there some way (e.g. msn, aim) we can communicate? Otherwise, if I'm not told anything, there's not really a way I can help ;)

I'd love to help improve the 64 boards :)

Top Bottom