• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
its more than chinese people always use tea leaves...the scent of someone opening a drum of tea leaves is almost nauseating, actually

any tea that needs flavouring for mass-marketing is dreadful :|

im such a hypocrite though, enjoying my milk tea atm, more milk than tea :p

B Link

Smash Lord
I wonder if I should stop drinking coffee because although it makes me more alert and I am more comfortable socially, the -quality- of what I say gets worse and I appear too sociable. Also I have tutorial discussions and sometimes I think I speak too fast when I drink coffee...but then again most people do (speak too fast I mean). People I know 'transition' to tea but it's not like there isn't caffeine there either.

Too many options, ugh, I somewhat miss my pre-coffee lifestyle.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I wonder if I should stop drinking coffee because although it makes me more alert and I am more comfortable socially, the -quality- of what I say gets worse and I appear too sociable. Also I have tutorial discussions and sometimes I think I speak too fast when I drink coffee...but then again most people do (speak too fast I mean). People I know 'transition' to tea but it's not like there isn't caffeine there either.

Too many options, ugh, I somewhat miss my pre-coffee lifestyle.
Dont worry man, no matter how fast you talk I'll always understand you!

One thing about being a newf! No one will ever out talk you xD

On a random note...why do i have to have a Google account to use my youtube account now...... anyone know of a better streaming site? Youtube is seriously hitting rock bottom

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Lol i wanted to take part of that "Countries and Characters" thread, too bad it got closed.

Just some notes on the first post:

-Mario must be Italian
-Thanks to mentioning Catalonia however the comment was really wrong, we would do better off of spain as we are the wealthiest region.
-Stupid american patriotic bias all over the place, bashing all countries but USA

asianaussie

Smash Hero
does anyone know that sound that plays in twilight princess when you kill a dark bug and a tear of light comes out

it's ringing in my head repeatedly and I DON'T KNOW WHY

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair, it was a driving motive for the unification of Italy and Germany. But that doesn't stop it from being pretty irrational, and you're right, it really does cause more negatives than positives. As I've already said on this forum, I don't like it either. At all.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you people are only saying that because you aren't true AMERICANS.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
but seriously.

patriotism is blind pride; blind pride does little good.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
<---

you people are only saying that because you aren't true AMERICANS.
when i read this post i was sure it was battlecow

cuz thats exactly something he'd say irl

also, i just discovered what this little list of icons below my post box does...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
so avoiding the avoid thread discussions....

who the most entertaining, unrealistic, ridicules, manly man of this era?

Is it...

Chuck Norris
Old Spice Guy
Dos Equis "Most interesting man in the world"

I was personal sold on the "dos equis" one when i heard that he could speak French in Russian...xD

NOTE the question says most entertaining not manliest, so it's fair for all non-chuck norris contestants.

Also, the FED EX boss was a very closes call for this composition

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Heheh. Nice! I don't know how to type it, and I'm still learning the language, heh.

I main Link in every both the Smash games. And that third installment, the turn-based strategy one.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Patriotism is dumb because you didn't choose to be born within a certain set of arbitrary lines.

so avoiding the avoid thread discussions....

who the most entertaining, unrealistic, ridicules, manly man of this era?

Is it...

Chuck Norris
Old Spice Guy
Dos Equis "Most interesting man in the world"

I was personal sold on the "dos equis" one when i heard that he could speak French in Russian...xD

NOTE the question says most entertaining not manliest, so it's fair for all non-chuck norris contestants.

Also, the FED EX boss was a very closes call for this composition
Well the manliest guy is epic beard man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk

ballin4life

Smash Hero
This one time me and my friend did some stuff then we sat and watched James Bond in Spanish for about half an hour. We had a big debate over whether it was a dub or actually in Spanish. Eventually, my friend won by pointing out the terrible directing and that the camera angles looked like they were from a Spanish soap opera.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hey Smash64 boards!

I've caught myself playing some more Smash 64 lately, so I thought I'd drop by and say hello!
Online or Offline, VC, or N64?

CURIOUS.

also, who do you play as and why haven't you mained mario yet?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't like patriotism, there are more negative things about it through history than positive (that if there's any)
Well, to be fair, it was a driving motive for the unification of Italy and Germany. But that doesn't stop it from being pretty irrational, and you're right, it really does cause more negatives than positives. As I've already said on this forum, I don't like it either. At all.
but seriously.

patriotism is blind pride; blind pride does little good.
These arguments apply to patriotism in general. I don't think I've ever asked for or recommended patriotism in general or supported what it's done throughout history. But if, theoretically, there was one really awesome country that was just plain awesomer, throughout history and into the present, than every other country in the world combined, would it be unreasonable to attribute to that country copious amounts of awesomeness and point out its awesomeness to others?

Well guess what? That country exists. And it's called AMERICA!

**** yeah.

The Star King

Smash Hero
@Battlecow Says a lot? How were we supposed to know? A lot of people are seriously like that, so I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I always did HOPE you were joking, though.

Incetion was better than The King's Speech. /flameshield

ballin4life

Smash Hero
There was a big national tournament for Melee and Brawl.

And the host didn't pay any of the money to the winners.

Basically he claimed that he needed to take the pot to pay the venue.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, I wanna know too. Is there someplace we can read about it? I guess the guy running it just didn't pay up is what I gathered on the melee boards?

That's super weak if so.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Plank didn't pay any of the winners, claiming because there weren't enough entrants or something, and ran out on the community. Conveniently, it was his last tournament. This is made worse by the fact that Armada's trip to America was paid for through community donations, and he wanted to pay the donators back, and also people like Hungrybox expected to at least pay for their flight. As usual for whenever there is controversy about a tournament host, the community is split into those that defend and pity the host, and those that criticize the host. Ally claims he is suing.

Cheese won more money winning the Brawl amateur bracket than anyone else, LOL.

Thino

Smash Master
whoa as soon as theres money involved videogames become real srs business , what is the entry fees in general at these tourneys?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
the entry was $25-$55, depending on when you registered, in addition to $10 door fee. but this was an international; the average I'd say would be $5-$10.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
did plank run pound 5? i attended pound 4 and it went off flawlessly. i don't think he would purposefully do something like that without good reason.

Top Bottom