• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Anyone else utterly disgusted with Zdeno Chara and the NHL?

A lot of people are arguing there was no intent but if you actually watch the play, firstly you see its, interference (which means chara and no right being there, doing what he was doing) secondly he finishes the hit very late. He knows where he was too...how could you not see where you are at, and even if you didnt see where you where, negligence is no excuse for almost killing someone.

Habs fans even seen it coming

Chara is a dirty ******* who deserves to be REMOVED from the NHL, not only suspended.

I'm an Avs fan btw so im not really bias towards Montreal...i just see that hit and it makes me want to break charas neck..you know, show him what its like? then say "oh **** sorry man...didn't mean it"

Battlecow

Play to Win

A lot of people are arguing there was no intent but if you actually watch the play, firstly you see its, interference (which means chara and no right being there, doing what he was doing) secondly he finishes the hit very late. He knows where he was too...how could you not see where you are at, and even if you didnt see where you where, negligence is no excuse for almost killing someone.

Chara is a dirty ******* who deserves to be REMOVED from the NHL, not only suspended.

I'm an Avs fan btw so im not really bias towards Montreal...i just see that hit and it makes me want to break charas neck..you know, show him what its like? then say "oh **** sorry man...didn't mean it"
Don't think anyone outside of canada follows hockey

Peek~

Smash Lord

Im not a major hockey bro(I just started watching 11 games ago.
Sharksfan
), So I dont know the whole story behind it.

I do know that the way that rink was built, it looks like something like that was bound to happen.

That hit was just nasty

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Im not a major hockey bro(I just started watching 11 games ago.
Sharksfan
), So I dont know the whole story behind it.

I do know that the way that rink was built, it looks like something like that was bound to happen.

That hit was just nasty
This is true, a very bad situation was made worse due to not only the design on the turnbuckle it self but the "rubber guard" thats required by the NHL for these turnbuckles is very weak. There is a FAR better alternative that SHOULD be in place... but isn't

The Star King

Smash Hero
Skrlx
Banned (6 Points)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I liked that guy.
OK, I know people have different preferences in posters and all, but how the **** did anybody like Near? That seriously baffles me. All he did was cause flamewars (more than possibly anyone else on this forum, except Smasherx74), and get offended by every little thing. And now he sent multiple people an image of a bowl of d***s. What a great guy.

I usually hate trolling, but honestly, he DESERVED to be trolled by S2J.

can i start a poll, "is the smash 64 section overly moderated?"
So you think banning people for posting an image of a bowl of d***s is over-moderation? Go back to /b/.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Near was an alright guy to me, we talked on msn and stuff about WWE.

Blaze isn't just referring to the Near incident, in fact I don't think he is at all. He just means in general.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I've been to one sharks game and it was awesome

Hockey is awesome, probably better than soccer

Sport Tier List

SSS
Basketball

SS
Tennis
Football (american football obv)

S
Snowboarding
MMA

A
Hockey
Soccer
Baseball

B
Rugby
Boxing

C
Golf
Cricket
Nascar

I've been to an Australian Football game too and it seemed pretty cool but one match isn't enough of an opinion for me to place it on the list.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Afl is amazing. Belongs in ss tier for sure. I agree with basketball being the highest. Where is squash? European handball?

Peek~

Smash Lord
I agree with Tennis and Hockey being ranked high

MMA is too high, Baseball is probably better if you live in a baseball city. Basketball varies for me. This new Nascar 2-car racing is watchable but still.

World Cup soccer is too fun, but I have trouble with anything else

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
SSS

Hockey

Z

Everything else

(jk :p)

I'm a habs fan, currently watching the Mointreal vs St Louis game on the French sports channel :)

Anyways, my opinion on the Chara incident...

I do believe he should have been suspended for several games. He doesn't do this very often, so a full out ban would make no sense. But... say... 5 to 10 games... or the rest of the regular season... or something. Doing nothing made no sense, even if it may be his first major offense.

I did a little thinking, and realized I should maybe be a St Louis fan. You can argue my name is already engraved in that team... :p (not giving up cheering for the habs... but it's kinda funny :p)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
SSS

Hockey

Z

Everything else

(jk :p)

I'm a habs fan, currently watching the Mointreal vs St Louis game on the French sports channel :)

Anyways, my opinion on the Chara incident...

I do believe he should have been suspended for several games. He doesn't do this very often, so a full out ban would make no sense. But... say... 5 to 10 games... or the rest of the regular season... or something. Doing nothing made no sense, even if it may be his first major offense.

I did a little thinking, and realized I should maybe be a St Louis fan. You can argue my name is already engraved in that team... :p (not giving up cheering for the habs... but it's kinda funny :p)
If this was an accidental hit with no background perhaps i wouldn't be so pissed off about it...but Chara did that out of spite, it was dirty and shows his mind frame. Everyone says theres no visible intent...but i mean he pushed him along the boards into the turnbuckle! thats not a mistake!

how badly he got hurt MAY have been an accident, but i believe chara did this with the intent to hurt.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Basketball is the perfect combination of individual strategy and team strategy.

American football is definitely the most strategic game from the team standpoint, but the only player that has really interesting individual strategy is the QB imo.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
There have been worse hits... it's almost part of the game to have people do stuff like that.

I think somewhere between 5-10 games, maybe the rest of the regular season at the most would have been a good punishment, but any more, and you're just overpunishing (abusing mod powers lol).

Here's my list of the best sports, in no particular order:

1. Mens Moguls
2. Ladies BSX
3. Ladies 1000m speed skating
4. Mens Skeleton
5. Figure Skating
6. Ladies Ski Cross
7. Womens Bob-Sledding
8. Womens Ice Hockey
9. Mens 5000m Relay (Speed Skating)
10. Mens 500m (Speed Skating)
11. Mens Curling
12. Mens PGS (Snowboarding)
13. Mens Team Pursuit (Speed Skating)
14. MENS ICE HOCKEY

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wait, Near sent people pictures of a bowl of ****s?

Hammerheart did the same thing.

So, two different flamey-trolly but not incredibly insane (well...) posters BOTH posted ****bowl pictures out of the blue, and got banned for it?

Smells like... A CONSPIRACY!

Not really.

Physical Sports Tier List:

S-
Fencing (objectively speaking, it's the best. This can be mathematically proven.)

A-
Ping Pong
Baseball
Basketball

B-
Football
Soccer
Hockey

C-
Track and Field
MMA
Boxing
Nascar

D-
Golf

Olikus

Smash Champion
There have been worse hits... it's almost part of the game to have people do stuff like that.

I think somewhere between 5-10 games, maybe the rest of the regular season at the most would have been a good punishment, but any more, and you're just overpunishing (abusing mod powers lol).

Here's my list of the best sports, in no particular order:

1. Mens Moguls
2. Ladies BSX
3. Ladies 1000m speed skating
4. Mens Skeleton
5. Figure Skating
6. Ladies Ski Cross
7. Womens Bob-Sledding
8. Womens Ice Hockey
9. Mens 5000m Relay (Speed Skating)
10. Mens 500m (Speed Skating)
11. Mens Curling
12. Mens PGS (Snowboarding)
13. Mens Team Pursuit (Speed Skating)
14. MENS ICE HOCKEY
you sure like winter sports. Guess you were in heaven at the last winther Olympic, since it was in Canada. :)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i agree with several opinions

fencing is S tier, basketball is either awesome or dreadful (i do play it), tennis is A tier but not S tier, American Football should be up there, best thing to come out of America (except maybe Dr Pepper).

the pressing question, however, is WHY ISN'T STARCRAFT GOD TIER :cool:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Fencing is really cool. But you have all forgotten the best sport.

Table tennis for ss tier!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i personally dont enjoy tabble tennis or badminton as much as i do the ones i stated.

I was personally speaking about a viewing point of view as well...i suppose that assumption shouldnèt have been made as table tennis is fun to play but boring imo to watch....yes ive seen it, i still find it far less entertaining then even F1 or Golf

badminton i dont think ive ever watched honestly, but playing it i found it ok...a decent gym class activity at best.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
you sure like winter sports. Guess you were in heaven at the last winther Olympic, since it was in Canada. :)
I listed all the events that Canada won gold at in the 2010 Olympics. I'm surprised you more or less figured it out (one step further), and Surri didn't even notice it. Surri, you disappoint me :(

Edit: And the olympics were right across the water from me. I live in Victoria, BC, and they took place in Vancouver, BC.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Watching sports is very different than playing sports, so I guess that should be made clear.

Like, I HATE when people judge tennis from watching it. It's WAY more fun to play.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I missed your post Blue Yoshi, lemme have at it.

There have been worse hits...
Truly makes no difference

it's almost part of the game to have people do stuff like that.
So the eventual murder from these types of acts will also be accepted as part of the game...if so hockey is doomed. Dont think murder is being over dramatic either, look at the injuries that happen. Head blows are nothing to mock, even without killing you they can ruin someones live for ever...go talk to Todd Bertuzzi...another guy who shouldnt be playing

I think somewhere between 5-10 games, maybe the rest of the regular season at the most would have been a good punishment,
would have been FAR better then what they done yes, but if he had killed Max in that act, what for him then...he has been removed from LIFE because of Chara, and you say its to much to remove him from a hockey league because he is the kinda player that very well COULD kill some one

you're just overpunishing (abusing mod powers lol).

:p

Watching sports is very different than playing sports, so I guess that should be made clear.

Like, I HATE when people judge tennis from watching it. It's WAY more fun to play.

I actually enjoy watching most tennis matches :o

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I re-saw the Chara hit on Pacioretty. I thought he was just rubbed out against the boards. I didn't realize Chara shoved him into the pole from quite a distance from the boards. Now that changes quite a bit.

I think it should be 15 to 20 games, maybe more (at least the rest of the season/playoffs).

Top Bottom