• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Frogles

Smash Ace
hah i just read about the earthquake and came on to ask about you.

i think it would be kinda fun to be in a big open field during an earthquake.

Olikus

Smash Champion
i personally dont enjoy tabble tennis or badminton as much as i do the ones i stated.

I was personally speaking about a viewing point of view as well...i suppose that assumption shouldnèt have been made as table tennis is fun to play but boring imo to watch....yes ive seen it, i still find it far less entertaining then even F1 or Golf

badminton i dont think ive ever watched honestly, but playing it i found it ok...a decent gym class activity at best.
More fun to watch golf than table tennis? I think you typed wrong. How can golf be more entertaining than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRqklrygF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IVASo0umU&feature=fvwrel

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Okay I'm going to try this again, by leaving a gigantic space so this post will be noticed through this nonsense:

I've been attempting to get kaillera to work on my computer, but everything fails. I've disabled all firewalls, still can't connect. I've forwarded my ports and I can't connect either. Everytime I try to connect to any server it will say "Connecting" then it will "join" the server but I'm left with an empty room with nothing going on. I had a solution to this issue a while back, which involved me to hook 2 routers up to my computer instead of 1, but that's too much work and the other router **** out on me the other day. So, does anyone have any idea what I could do?

My router is a Westel a90-750014-07

The Star King

Smash Hero
Tennis is awesome to watch too what are you talking about
I didn't say it wasn't, I just said it's way more fun to play. As in, it's fun to watch, and REALLY fun to play. Aw yeah.

Glad to hear you're alright, Kuz. And Peek too, since he seems to be in Japan, I didn't know he was.

Peek~

Smash Lord
O-Line is probably the toughest position to play in A.Football

Specifically Center/Left Tackle(I think it was Left)

dandan

Smash Lord
I've been attempting to get kaillera to work on my computer, but everything fails. I've disabled all firewalls, still can't connect. I've forwarded my ports and I can't connect either. Everytime I try to connect to any server it will say "Connecting" then it will "join" the server but I'm left with an empty room with nothing going on. I had a solution to this issue a while back, which involved me to hook 2 routers up to my computer instead of 1, but that's too much work and the other router **** out on me the other day. So, does anyone have any idea what I could do?

My router is a Westel a90-750014-07
i had the same exact issue a while back. after some troubleshooting i figured out it was the router that was causing the problems (had a different router than yours though), so i bought a systran wrt54gl router and everything worked out fine.
have never found another solution, have you tried checking for firmware updates for your router?

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Depends what you mean by toughest. Toughest physically? yeah. Toughest mentally is QB though.

Although interestingly enough, OLinemen score highest out of any position on the Wunderlic test.

Left tackle is considered most important because he protects the QBs blind side (assuming QB is right handed).

Peek~

Smash Lord
Depends what you mean by toughest. Toughest physically? yeah. Toughest mentally is QB though.

Although interestingly enough, OLinemen score highest out of any position on the Wunderlic test.

Left tackle is considered most important because he protects the QBs blind side (assuming QB is right handed).
Physically yeah, mentally I think they are up there as well. Just think about how much the center has to do besides just blocking (reading defenses, picking up blitzes, correctly snapping, etc)

+ Teams usually put their best DE against the LT

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Physically yeah, mentally I think they are up there as well. Just think about how much the center has to do besides just blocking (reading defenses, picking up blitzes, correctly snapping, etc)

+ Teams usually put their best DE against the LT
QB does all that plus has to time throws, know when to scramble, call audibles, etc

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Cheers, to give you a rough idea the ps2 controller took me around...8-10 hours spread over a few weeks. xbox controller would be a bit easier/less time consuming though, although the triggers on xbox controllers are difficult to work with.
are we talking xbox 360 or xbox S or the big old old xbox one?
parts would roughly cost:
$12 microchip, for analog stick,
$15 n64 controller,
$10-15 xbox controller,
wire/db25 x2/ db 25 cable- $15.
The mad catz one. That is a lot of work wow. Once I get the money and time to arrange such a thing I would pay for the equipment nessessary and pay you half the money you requested before you got to work and when I got the controller you would get the other half. Does that sound good?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
>mfw i'm probably the only one who likes swimming.
>mfw i'm on a swim team
>mfw i have to wear a speedo
>mfw i have no face.

edit: glad to see you're alright kuz.

sharksquail

Smash Ace

I think it's kind of unfair to say one position is tougher to play than another in football. (except for kicker and punter lulz) however O line and quarterback deff take the most football smarts.

ps. good to hear you're safe Kuz

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
7:00AM-Leaving to pick up nintendude and crew to head to AXS2 in Syracuse,NY.

There were rumors of a decent sized ssb64 tournament. (+14)

wish us luck

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I'm going to a tournament next week, so I'm taking 64 with me. hopefully I'll be able to get some good footage.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
dj has been playing 64 for quite awhile, longer than i have at least. twitch (peepee's little brother) has been showing interest too, and i've gotten some other people to randomly play with me.

NC too good.

EDIT:: actually, here's what i've recorded so far. this is from back in december, so it's a bit outdated. it's mostly just twitch and i messing around.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
tournament was a great time but 64 turnout was pretty thin. (6 of us ><)

nintendude ***** melee singles and 64 singles.

let's here it for one of the good guys.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah entry to the 64 tourney kind of sucked because they squeezed it in between Melee and Brawl (and it ended up happening during Brawl, so none of the Brawl people really wanted to enter). Still lots of fun times though. We did a round robin.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I've hosted 3 64 tourney's at my house, and have gotten anywhere from 10-17 people. Pretty decent. The regional in ann arbor is having one this weekend though, so I might go to that.

Top Bottom