• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
did you actually read the "mean" and "i hope they recover soon" parts?

FYI i love japan as a country, and perhaps you should complain to the flag creator not me

asianaussie

Smash Hero
oh, i read them, doesn't excuse anything though

complaining to them will do about as much as crying to my computer screen, since i know for a fact americans are harping on about this being karma for pearl harbour, so im not surprised at things like this being made up insensitively

pisses me off as to how people can post or spread things like that when so many people are going to be affected by it, the cynical, ****ish world of the internet shows the worst part of mankind

NixxxoN

Smash Master
karma for pearl harbour? wow.....

i remember someone posted a "hold F11 button" joke @ haiti earthquake aswell...

The Star King

Smash Hero
oh, i read them, doesn't excuse anything though

complaining to them will do about as much as crying to my computer screen, since i know for a fact americans are harping on about this being karma for pearl harbour, so im not surprised at things like this being made up insensitively

pisses me off as to how people can post or spread things like that when so many people are going to be affected by it, the cynical, ****ish world of the internet shows the worst part of mankind
I agree that it's terrible, but IDK about blaming the internet in general.

It's NixxxoN. He's (thankfully) not a good representation of the average internet user.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
dunno about the anime, but excalibur made the manga stand out from other titles

after the first few manga arcs, soul eater dragged onnnn and onnnn and onnnn and was good, but not great

then in the book of eibon arc, excalibur appeared in the wrath and pride stages and i actually fell off my chair laughing

made my year

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Soul Eater has unique art but I didn't get hooked on the plot. Excalibur was definitely one of the best parts of the anime though.

Warnipple

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm a Falcon player with trouble playing against Mario, Link and Fox.

Can someone give me some tips against these characters?

I dont know if this topic is right for this question.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'm guessing you're a casual player. Use more B-Air (jump in the air, stick in the direction facing away from Falcon, press A), it's really big. Stay on a different level to those characters to avoid their projectiles. Use U-Air (jump in the air, stick upwards, press A) from below and try and chain it (do it multiple times), followed by an upwards B attack.

Better advice:

Vs Link, pick Dreamland and approach on a different level to him, dodging U-Air or D-Air. Combo him, any combo will do so long as he ends off the stage. If you don't know the Falcon combos find a video of Isai or SuPeRbOoM using Falcon on Youtube and go from there.

Vs Fox, you have to capitalise on any combo starter you can get (F-Throw/U-Smash/U-Air/D-Air). Work your game into one of those combo starters. Make sure Fox doesn't recover if he goes off (Use D-Air, B-Air or F-Smash, D-Tilt).

Vs Mario....eh, combo him, use aerials to beat his fireballs, be careful of his upwards hits and use lots of B-Air in spacing. I'm not big on ____ vs Mario.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I agree that it's terrible, but IDK about blaming the internet in general.

It's NixxxoN. He's (thankfully) not a good representation of the average internet user.
Yeah and I always wanted to be like The Star King, an ideal internet user, millions of internet kids follow his role model. All hail The Star King!

Warnipple

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing you're a casual player. Use more B-Air (jump in the air, stick in the direction facing away from Falcon, press A), it's really big. Stay on a different level to those characters to avoid their projectiles. Use U-Air (jump in the air, stick upwards, press A) from below and try and chain it (do it multiple times), followed by an upwards B attack.

Better advice:

Vs Link, pick Dreamland and approach on a different level to him, dodging U-Air or D-Air. Combo him, any combo will do so long as he ends off the stage. If you don't know the Falcon combos find a video of Isai or SuPeRbOoM using Falcon on Youtube and go from there.

Vs Fox, you have to capitalise on any combo starter you can get (F-Throw/U-Smash/U-Air/D-Air). Work your game into one of those combo starters. Make sure Fox doesn't recover if he goes off (Use D-Air, B-Air or F-Smash, D-Tilt).

Vs Mario....eh, combo him, use aerials to beat his fireballs, be careful of his upwards hits and use lots of B-Air in spacing. I'm not big on ____ vs Mario.
Vs Mario I have problems getting back to the edge. My opponent is a really good ledge hog/edge hog.

I also seem to land in his tornados fairly frequently and I get tackled by him alot.

His D-Smash is annoying too since its AoE around him

Also he grabs me alot and throws me off the stage so he can edge hog.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Learn to combo more. U-Smash > U-Air x whatever > Up-B is a basic one that words on Mario.

Do a small jump and D-Air when he recovers, chances are you'll kill him as he hits you for 1 damage.

Don't just blindly rush in, wait until he does something and then act.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wait, what the ****?

Has ANYONE said ANYTHING about it being karma for pearl harbor? No taking one random example from. I want you to show that there's an actual substantive trend of that happening or retract it. Not even Glenn Beck or his type would say that.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki, bro. We make our own karma. That score was settled a LONG time ago.

Completely serious, though, America and Japan are, like, supercool. All the people I've met so far (even the ****wads) have been like "Jesus, so scary, this is ****ed up, what a tragedy, feel sorry for the people, hope it doesn't all go to hell, etc. etc. etc." We don't even have beef with Japan.

And yeah, I didn't see it, but completely uncool if you were making fun of Japan's recent tragic troubles, Nix.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Wait, what the ****?

Has ANYONE said ANYTHING about it being karma for pearl harbor? No taking one random example from. I want you to show that there's an actual substantive trend of that happening or retract it. Not even Glenn Beck or his type would say that.
http://i.imgur.com/wbiJh.jpg

Glenn Beck is followed by a lot of Americans. I'm happy you recognise he's an idiot though, my opinion of you went up a bit.

Don't worry too much, lots of Australians are saying this is karma for hunting whales, I think they're all equally detestable people.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Okay, fifty-odd people, half of whom were joking in poor taste. Is that the best you got? I could find more holocaust-deniers in Israel.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I hardly said it was representative of Americans, I merely specified there were Americans claiming such things.

You can't possibly expect your country's patriots are all like you.

And no, you couldn't find more holocaust deniers unless there was an Oktoberfest or something.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I hardly said it was representative of Americans, I merely specified there were Americans claiming such things.
So what you want is literally zero people saying this? Of course there are going to be people that say this. It's a very small percentage.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't really understand your post, Star King. I'm the one saying the internet is stupid and that we can't do anything about it.

I used that example to illustrate the insensitivity of the internet. I implied no representation at all, and if you think I'm pointing at you as one who said that, you're being oversensitive.

Some Australians claim it's karma for whales.
Some Chinese claim it's karma for the Nanjing massacre.
I'm sure some people claim it's karma for not releasing the Professor Layton v Phoenix Wright game outside Japan.

The point is, I'm not bashing Americans, I merely used that example to illustrate how dumb the internet can be.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't really understand your post, Star King. I'm the one saying the internet is stupid and that we can't do anything about it.

I used that example to illustrate the insensitivity of the internet. I implied no representation at all, and if you think I'm pointing at you as one who said that, you're being oversensitive.
Ok, but you were blaming "the internet" and "mankind" in general, when it's just a small portion of either of those. That's what I didn't like.

I didn't think you were pointing at me. But I still don't like you blaming the internet in general over something that only a small minority believes.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The issue here is the publication and spread of that particular 'flag'. The internet is an easy channel for the idiots of mankind to show their insensitive idiocy.

You've misinterpreted my use of the word. I'm using the word 'internet' as an environment, not a community, and haven't said anything about the community itself, which is mostly comprised of regular people, as mortified and sympathetic as you or I. I might be wrong in saying the internet itself is responsible for the creation of that particular image, but I maintain that it's the reason it can be published and spread in the first place, which comes from the internet's base attributes.

Don't just take the word 'mankind' from my post and use it without its context. I've said nothing about mankind in general being responsible for things like this. In fact, I specifically pointed out that this is the worst part of mankind, and I'm not sure how you can deny that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You've misinterpreted my use of the word. I'm using the word 'internet' as an environment, not a community, and haven't said anything about the community itself, which is mostly comprised of regular people, as mortified and sympathetic as you or I. I might be wrong in saying the internet itself is responsible for the creation of that particular image, but I maintain that it's the reason it can be published and spread in the first place, which comes from the internet's base attributes.

Don't just take the word 'mankind' from my post and use it without its context. I've said nothing about mankind in general being responsible for things like this. In fact, I specifically pointed out that this is the worst part of mankind, and I'm not sure how you can deny that.
Ok, so you were blaming the internet as a medium for spreading people's stupidity, rather than the internet community overall. You're right, I misinterpreted it. My bad.

Fair enough.

Top Bottom