• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
so after all this time of playing on a kb, I just realized you can buffer up and down for angeled f-smashes.

Why was I not aware of this earlier?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah it actually took me a long time to figure that out lol, I thought you had to press up/down + forward + a at the exact same time for a while.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
Boy, keyboard tricks!
For angled fsmashes, you don't have to press all three keys at the same time. You can press right/left, then up/down, then A. It still hast to be very fast. Down/up, then right/left, then A also works, but it has to be even faster. I just press diagonal, then A immediately after. This makes it easier to me than all three keys at the same time, because if I try pressing them at the same time but press A before any of the other two, it comes out wrong. It's like when an acciaccatura is easier to play than a perfect chord on piano.

Did you know you can walk from standing?
Press down, then immediately the direction you are facing (not an acciaccatura this time, since you have to leave down pressed, but it has to be just as fast). Then release down. Your character should now be walking. You can also do ftilts and down-angled ftilts from standing this way. Pressing down and a direction after a tilt also allows you to tilt again without your character walking after the first tilt (useful for wall combos).

Edit: Woah, 500 pages.

B Link

Smash Lord
I tried keyboard and mouse ssb for a few days
left mouse click = A button
right mouse click = B button

My first impressions: Too slow against good players, but against average players it's a good way to play if you're bored of doing two handed keyboarding >_>

I didn't assign movement to the mouse though. Although I don't think I want to lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
More like only 1512 posts to go...

Also, tomorrow, I'm off to take part in a brawl free-for-all items on tournament. Hey, on the bright side, maybe items will actually make legit combos in brawl? :p

(It's an event at an anime convention, where there is also a standard melee singles bracket).

Lets have a free-for-all brawl tournament with items on! I brought my wii-mote :)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
More like only 1512 posts to go...

Also, tomorrow, I'm off to take part in a brawl free-for-all items on tournament. Hey, on the bright side, maybe items will actually make legit combos in brawl? :p

(It's an event at an anime convention, where there is also a standard melee singles bracket).

Lets have a free-for-all brawl tournament with items on! I brought my wii-mote :)
>Anime convention
>Smash

Greatest anime convention evar.

malva00

Smash Master
i was playing a Link ditto with Killer and he hit me off the stage. I was holding a bomb, and it exploded before I could move, but it hit me away from the stage so i died from it =P

playing meat boy for the first time xD

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Looks like someone needs to discover Kamina, who is slightly more manly than Captain America and Captain Falcon put together.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
no, people don't like dubstep because it's boring as hell.

or annoying.

or both.
your an idiot for disregarding any form of art as boring or w/e. Maybe if you actually presented an artist in your argument, you would have a point. but right now, your just a d-bag.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
kamina is the physical manifestation of epic win

i could write a respectably long essay on all the symbols of manliness he embodies, most of which weren't even intended by the anime writers

art is overly subjective, and if one doesn't regard dubstep as art, that's their opinion - they haven't said anything like 'all music is not art', so you're being douchier than he is, since you're calling his opinion utterly wrong

B Link

Smash Lord
Meh I watched the drill attack thing and I still liked falcon punch better. I even watched the 'super' drill and it still wasn't that great.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Spoilers ahead.

It's not the attack, it's the context. No, it's his life.
And death.

After being stabbed through the chest by an oversized laser lance, Kamina is toppled by his own giant sunglasses and double-teamed by two bad guys until he is what any medical professional would call dead. He is thrown off a monumentally large moving vehicle and left to die amidst a barren plateau. A minute later, the field is revealed to be a dormant lava field, which is reactivated. He lies, barely conscious, in a battlefield caked in flame and magma, while his best friend goes berserk, hurting friend and foe. Sheer willpower and a manly one-liner later, he stops his berserker friend and puts him into battle-mode with two lines of dialogue. With this, he proceeds to summon the strength to destroy a cavalcade of lesser minions with a single attack, block the laser lance that killed him without apparent effort, then string up the boss robot with a pair of sunglasses, create from nowhere an enormous drill and splice the boss robot with his own original finishing move.

It is implied that his life was long over and he was running on sheer adrenalin and willpower. His final words inspired a young man to gain courage, find himself and ultimately liberate the known and unknown universe.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Brawl + Items + Ganondorf = legit 0 to death combos

Those "Super Ganon Time" videos are really funny.

I went to an Anime convention that was having a Brawl Tournament because they were offering a Nintendo DS for 1st place, I won the tournament but never received the prize because apparently there were not enough entrants to afford the Nintendo DS (...) or something like that. Which made me very upset and never went to any of those again.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Looks like someone needs to discover Kamina, who is slightly more manly than Captain America and Captain Falcon put together.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamina

Don't get me wrong; railway nodes are legit. And bringing together warring factions in the Democratic Republic of Congo is pretty manly. Provincial capitals reek of testosterone as well, I guess.

But I want you to contemplate this picture for a second:

That is Captain America at his core. He is punching Hitler. He is a Hitler-punching man in an America suit. Has Kamina ever punched Hitler? Has he? Think long and hard about the answer to that question.

Railway nodes or Hitler-Punching? If you don't know the answer, consider
this.

That is Douglas J. Falcon.

Now, children, someone tell me what's wrong with this equation:

Railway nodes+uniting warring DRC factions >Captain America+Captain Falcon.

I rest my case.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
This, why people wouldn't use max posts per page is beyond me.
I usually use 50 even when the max is 99. Too many posts per page and pages take too long to load.

I think your DNA is a factor too.

Hardcore is my favorite genre, and I love most electronic music in general. However, I didn't start listening to it until I was like 14. I didn't grow up with it at all.
DNA may be a factor, but I don't see why this has to be the case. In particular, your example doesn't really show that it is DNA. It may be that what you did listen to when you were younger conditioned you to like the elements that make up hardcore.

What would be evidence that DNA is a factor would be evidence that music preferences are passed on from parent to child. So take two twins who are separated at birth and see if they have the same music preferences.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Anyone else here aspiring to eb a zoologist?

MONKEYS RULE!!!!!!!!!!
I AM.

But for the cooler animals like rats, meerkats, and rodents in general. I could go on a rant about why rats are the most amazing creatures on earth but I won't.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Battlecow -

The simple fact that Kamina city has "Kamina" in its name instantly makes it more manly than anything (because I was, of course referring to the anime legend, originally), including Doug and Mr. America. Bad luck. Railway nodes were just a perk.

Top Bottom