• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
ok, mods are pretty much useless now, they removed the link to my tournament from the front page for some reason and now no one will see it, great job.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
the mods just need to get the admins to move the competitive events to te sub forum section at the top o the page and not have it be it's own forum. get on it mods.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow -

The simple fact that Kamina city has "Kamina" in its name instantly makes it more manly than anything (because I was, of course referring to the anime legend, originally), including Doug and Mr. America. Bad luck. Railway nodes were just a perk.
Kamina is a little girl compared to either of the captains. He, what, fights giant robots? Big ****ing deal. Captain America does that to relax on his day off. If that wasn't girly enough, Kamina needs his own giant robot in which to do it (usually, at least- I'm not some kind of LGBTQ [or is it TTGL?] expert.) Two words describe the "I need a giant robot suit" view of manliness. One is "Weak." The other is "Sauce." When a Nazi Conspiracy killed Captain America (and they couldn't have done it unless he had surrendered himself after winning a battle because of his Americanosity) It was covered in the national media. Yeah, that's right, a fictional character dies, and they cover it in the national media. Because his balls are so freaking big. When Kamina died, I think you a couple of other weeaboos ate extra pocky or something.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Kamina is a little girl compared to either of the captains. He, what, fights giant robots? Big ****ing deal. Captain America does that to relax on his day off. If that wasn't girly enough, Kamina needs his own giant robot in which to do it (usually, at least- I'm not some kind of LGBTQ [or is it TTGL?] expert.) Two words describe the "I need a giant robot suit" view of manliness. One is "Weak." The other is "Sauce." When a Nazi Conspiracy killed Captain America (and they couldn't have done it unless he had surrendered himself after winning a battle because of his Americanosity) It was covered in the national media. Yeah, that's right, a fictional character dies, and they cover it in the national media. Because his balls are so freaking big. When Kamina died, I think you a couple of other weeaboos ate extra pocky or something.
Get em

Also bcow opinion on Captain America vs Doug?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Get em

Also bcow opinion on Captain America vs Doug?
Personally, I like Doug better and get to experience his manliness firsthand more. But as a dispassionate observer, I have to admit that the great Steve Rogers has the edge on him. I mean, the man has been going strong since the 40's.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Kamina confronted a giant robot with a rusty katana. He had no special training and was essentially powerless.

Captain America is a superhero, him confronting robots isn't manly, it's an obligation.

Manliness comes from going above and beyond your call, not from punching things after taking a dose of steroid serum. When Kamina died the world mourned. Only Americans didn't know about it because they were too busy flying their star-studded flags from inappropriate places. It's for that same reason that the national media covered the death of a superhero with 'America' in his name.

You can't argue with Doug being manly though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Kamina confronted a giant robot with a rusty katana. He had no special training and was essentially powerless.
Don't make me laugh. In the genre that pantywaist hails from, "friendship" is all the power you need- when he was in trouble against that robot, he just had to get really angry and enough pretty lights would flash to give him the victory.

Captain America is a superhero, him confronting robots isn't manly, it's an obligation.

Manliness comes from going above and beyond your call, not from punching things after taking a dose of steroid serum. When Kamina died the world mourned. Only Americans didn't know about it because they were too busy flying their star-studded flags from inappropriate places. It's for that same reason that the national media covered the death of a superhero with 'America' in his name.

You can't argue with Doug being manly though.
Captain America is a super-soldier, true, but he started out as a 98-pound weakling, and the results of the experiment that birthed him were essentially unduplicatable because no other subject had the necessary willpower and patriotism. If being a superhero alone means that fighting giant robots is your obligation, the same goes double for being an anime hero. Captain America faces a severe power gap in the enemy's favor almost every time he fights, but he doesn't stop, because courage is his birthright as an American.

When Kamina died the world mourned.
Rubbish. In terms of mourners, Captain America's death far surpassed Kamina's in numbers, at least, and I would argue that it did so in genuine sincerity as well.

And guess what? Steve Rogers didn't stay dead, because death simply wasn't manly enough to hold him down. Only ****ies stay dead in comic books/cartoons; Goku came back like 29 times, and Kamina can't even manage 1? What a loser.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Don't make me laugh. In the genre that pantywaist hails from, "friendship" is all the power you need- when he was in trouble against that robot, he just had to get really angry and enough pretty lights would flash to give him the victory.
The reason I watched TTGL was because it wasn't a DBZ anger=power anime. Kamina would have died from one hit in that particular fight, but still stood up, unguarded, and shouted abuse in the face of said robot.

Captain America is a super-soldier, true, but he started out as a 98-pound weakling, and the results of the experiment that birthed him were essentially unduplicatable because no other subject had the necessary willpower and patriotism. If being a superhero alone means that fighting giant robots is your obligation, the same goes double for being an anime hero. Captain America faces a severe power gap in the enemy's favor almost every time he fights, but he doesn't stop, because courage is his birthright as an American.
I bet Captain America hasn't ever fought a lumbering behemoth when he was still a 98-pound weakling.

Kamina isn't an anime hero. He was a secondary character with an intense personality, and remained physically weak throughout the series. In a world where willpower is the defining factor that determines power, he, who had no natural disposition towards summoning that power, pulled it from out of nowhere and compensated with a ridiculous amount of fearlessness.

Rubbish. In terms of mourners, Captain America's death far surpassed Kamina's in numbers, at least, and I would argue that it did so in genuine sincerity as well.
It is your Americanism that blinds you. I can't say any more, since the flag you drape around your shoulders stops my words reaching you.

And guess what? Steve Rogers didn't stay dead, because death simply wasn't manly enough to hold him down. Only ****ies stay dead in comic books/cartoons; Goku came back like 29 times, and Kamina can't even manage 1? What a loser.
You're just mad. Even when Kamina was dead he managed to stay in the memories of the series' hero and revive him from yet another universal crisis. From Kamina's heroic act, Mr. Hero eventually summoned enough willpower and love for Earth to create an entity 490 light years tall to destroy his oppressors. I doubt Captain America can boast or even fathom willpower that significant.

This is the most interesting debate I've had on this site. Maybe I should read comics.

Nah.

Battlecow

Play to Win
The reason I watched TTGL was because it wasn't a DBZ anger=power anime. Kamina would have died from one hit in that particular fight, but still stood up, unguarded, and shouted abuse in the face of said robot.

I bet Captain America hasn't ever fought a lumbering behemoth when he was still a 98-pound weakling.

Kamina isn't an anime hero. He was a secondary character with an intense personality, and remained physically weak throughout the series. In a world where willpower is the defining factor that determines power, he, who had no natural disposition towards summoning that power, pulled it from out of nowhere and compensated with a ridiculous amount of fearlessness.

It is your Americanism that blinds you. I can't say any more, since the flag you drape around your shoulders stops my words reaching you.

You're just mad. Even when Kamina was dead he managed to stay in the memories of the series' hero and revive him from yet another universal crisis. From Kamina's heroic act, Mr. Hero eventually summoned enough willpower and love for Earth to create an entity 490 light years tall to destroy his oppressors. I doubt Captain America can boast or even fathom willpower that significant.

This is the most interesting debate I've had on this site. Maybe I should read comics.

Nah.
Comics R cool and you should read them. Of course, given the number of people who've written Captain America, there are some bad ones, but if you ever do get interested, anything by Brian Michael Bendis or Stan Lee is a good place to start.

If you think that summoning an entity 490 light years tall would impress Cap, you're wrong. To give you one teeny tiny example of the hyperbolically powerful enemies that he routinely faces down, he fought a straight-up god in Secret Wars. As in, a being of infinite power. On a planet so far away that his flag was unknown and his country irrelevant, he held true to his values and led a nosebleed-inducing team of heroes (literally everyone of import from the marvel universe) to victory. He once kicked Batman's ***, and that's the equivalent of Kamina reaching a man-fist through copyright law and multiple universes to punch Naruto in the face.

From the picture in battlecow's signature, it looks like Captain America is almost as ripped as Dr. Dre.

That's pretty manly.
Thank you. Ballin' understands.

dock

Smash Rookie
SSB64 is a drug

drug1    
/drʌg/ Show Spelled noun, verb, drugged, drug·ging.
–noun

Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
(in federal law)
a.
any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.
b.
any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
c.
any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
d.
any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.

a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance, especially a narcotic.

drugs,
a.
chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or over the counter.
b.
personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.
Obsolete . any ingredient used in chemistry, pharmacy, dyeing, or the like.
–verb (used with object)
to administer a medicinal drug to.
to stupefy or poison with a drug.
to mix (food or drink) with a drug, especially a stupefying, narcotic, or poisonous drug.
to administer anything nauseous to.
—Verb phrase

drug up, to take a narcotic drug: The addict prowled about for a place to drug up.

—Idiom
drug on the market, a commodity that is overabundant or in excess of demand in the market. Also, drug in the market.
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English drogges (plural) < Middle French drogue, of obscure origin

why are we so add1ct3d¿?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
cuz smash is amazing beyond all measurments.

im going to japan in 5 hours.

EXCITED? I am. Ill bring you guys back stuff.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Simon, AKA Mr. Hero, faced off against the controllers of the universe, and the universe itself. The enemies had the power of Gods, manipulating probabilities themselves to the point where success of victory for Gurren Brigade was 0%. They attacked by controlling space-time itself. Despite this, Simon surpassed the impossible, through techniques such as piercing the past and present simultaneously, creating a galaxy through sheer power, withstanding a Big Bang Storm (an attack that uses the energy required for creating universes, and of course as aa mentioned: summoning an entity of immaculate proportions. Kamina also directly caused Simon and the Gurren Brigade to escape from an Alternate Universe to which is impossible for intelligent beings.

Surpassing the impossible, Kamina created a drill that would pierce the heavens!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
just get over it, Chuck Norris already won this fight
I think Battlecow, myself and aa would agree that both Kamina and Captain America have more manliness in their pinky than Chuck Norris does in his entire body.

cuz smash is amazing beyond all measurments.

im going to japan in 5 hours.

EXCITED? I am. Ill bring you guys back stuff.
I will seriously send you the money if you manage to find this touhou plushie. It's for my friend, and I promised I'd get him it when I went to Japan but due to unforeseen circumstances I had to call off my trip =(.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
lol Google Translate made that page almost as hard to understand in English as it was with the original characters. Only ~$180 that's not bad.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think Battlecow, myself and aa would agree that both Kamina and Captain America have more manliness in their pinky than Chuck Norris does in his entire body.
Nope. Chuck Norris wins, sadly. It's not fair, but it's an axiom. He wins everything. His manliness surpasses all. It's not even fun to talk about, is how manly he is. So let's just accept that he wins and get down to arguing A-tier.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Is that seriously a pic of him as a 70 year old? Damn.

But for real now, Chuck Norris Jokes are so 2005. Let's accept that he's the best at everything and move on.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nope. Chuck Norris wins, sadly. It's not fair, but it's an axiom. He wins everything. His manliness surpasses all. It's not even fun to talk about, is how manly he is. So let's just accept that he wins and get down to arguing A-tier.
Wow. You think Chuck Norris is manly? Your opinions on manliness are completely invalid now. I'm now sure Kamina is manlier than Captain America, even though I've never watched TTGL and I thought he looked pretty unmanly in that pic that was posted.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wow. You think Chuck Norris is manly? Your opinions on manliness are completely invalid now. I'm now sure Kamina is manlier than Captain America, even though I've never watched TTGL and I thought he looked pretty unmanly in that pic that was posted.
You poor, poor son of a *****. You know nothing about manliness. Chuck Norris invented it. Along with the atom bomb, sliced bread, and the Slanket.

Fun fact: Before smash became a Nintendo thing, Douglas J. Falcon's character was going to be Chuck Norris- but since they couldn't shrink his Fsmash's hitbox enough to balance the game sufficiently, they put a new suit on him and begged Nintendo to take over their game in order to shrink his awesome. He once beat Secretariat in a ****-measuring contest. He shield breaks with the pimp kick on a regular basis. These are all well-known internet facts.

DISCLAIMER- we are not talking about Charles Norris, the graying republican. We are talking about Chuck Norris, who in 1967 became the first black man to win the Boston Marathon. Even though he was white.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It is rumoured Chuck Norris won the FIA Formula One Racing Championship, but was disqualified for not using a car.

Have people even seen Walker, Texas Ranger, Delta Force or any of his movies?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, fear of enclosed spaces is called claustrophobia, and fear of Chuck Norris is called Logic. Trufax.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think this is the only thing you've ever said, that i disagree with :(

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Charles Kingford Smith is known to history for making the first trans-pacific flight in 1928. What actually happened was that he made fun of Chuck Norris while sitting in a stationary, broken plane he was trying to repair.

Top Bottom