• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Chuck Norris can and will strangle The Star King with a cordless phone while impregnating every one of his female relatives via maculate conception, beating him in SSB with Roll from MvC 2, eating one Lays® potato chip, believing it's not butter, getting the pacifist achievement against master hand, and cutting through hot knives with butter.

Oh well, at least I'm saved the trouble of beating him in the ladder. Too bad for you, Star King, but you shouldnt've messed with the man. The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck taketh away.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I so agree with The Star King.

These jokes about chuck norris aren't funny at all. He's just a random actor and has nothing manlier than anybody...

Edit: I've only actually seen him in Bruce Lee's movie and he really sucked.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I so agree with The Star King.

These jokes about chuck norris aren't funny at all. He's just a random actor and has nothing manlier than anybody...

Edit: I've only actually seen him in Bruce Lee's movie and he really sucked.
thats the thing you seen him in a Bruce Lee movie

Bruce Lee is a god, making even the manliest men insignificant.

TANK64

Smash Lord
LMAO This thread is magnificent.
and Battlecow definitely just won me over.

on another topic, I randomly re-found this today,
and now want to know what was the first (64) combo video you ever saw?

I'm pretty sure mine was :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpQuxQ2nZg4
Although it had Nonpoint- Rabia as the music before, which worked much better.

It's funny because I remember watching this like, "OMFG! this is godlike!," but now it's pretty standard stuff wtf lol (I still like it, but if only it had the music I remember). I had already seen Isai in game vids, but I think that combo video did something for me, It was the start of my "competitive" smash64 following/playing. I was also new to the internet at the time.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I don't remember what the first combo video i saw was, but when i first started watching 64 videos online i started watching TAS video's ( I didn't know what TAS was so I thought there was just some guy named TAS going around wrecking people) After that was cleared up i found this and remember thinking this is amazing. the fair down the right side of hyrule blew my mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEec8yifjDw

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
This is the first one I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj5Xh9b1v1c

Back then, I sucked, maining Yoshi and Kirby (spammed easy up-tilt down-air combos with Yoshi... and the typical noob Kirby strategy). I used some Pika and Puff as well, but not that much. I then watched the video and thought "I think I can do that", practiced for an hour, and could do all of them with about 50% consistency (on keyboard with no short-hop lol).

Now I look back at that and all those are very basic to perform :p

Professor :3

Smash Journeyman
mentioning chuck norris should be against the tos or something. it's completely unfunny. maybe even 1 permanent infraction per post mentioning him.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Kind of surprised at the amount of people supporting Chuck Norris, seeing as how much the internet hates Chuck Norris jokes (largely 4chan).

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah definitely less funny to people who hear it too much, so I guess it depends on the person.

Zenyore alone killed "cool story bro" for me. Used it way too much, at like the least appropriate times possible.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I got two infractions from surri today.

1 was for minor spam after helping the clueless mods figure out jahnybrovo21 is hammerheart

and the other was for "trolling" after wishing that saske's monitor would explode on his face while browsing 4chan

Yeah definitely less funny to people who hear it too much, so I guess it depends on the person.

Zenyore alone killed "cool story bro" for me. Used it way too much, at like the least appropriate times possible.
UH... I Don't recall zenyore over using "cool story bro"

he did say "u mad" a lot though

zenyore is a dumb *** anyways

blaze3927

Smash Ace
^^infractions from surri make sense

infratctions from moogle:

thread title: what is your starting move

my post: taunt 10taunt

dmoogle: INFRACTION

DMoogle

A$
I got two infractions from surri today.

1 was for minor spam after helping the clueless mods figure out jahnybrovo21 is hammerheart

and the other was for "trolling" after wishing that saske's monitor would explode on his face while browsing 4chan
He beat me to it by like 5 minutes. If you have information regarding specific user please PM it to mods rather than create a new thread.
^^infractions from surri make sense

infratctions from moogle:

thread title: what is your starting move

my post: taunt 10taunt

dmoogle: INFRACTION
Global Rules state:
1. No Spam
Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").
Bolded portions apply. 10char limit bypassing is expressly stated as an example of minor spam. I've given you warnings in the past about it.

Generally, if someone asks a question asking the opinion of someone else, a good response would be your opinion and why. The "why" part helps make a post substantive.

If you think you've been unjustly treated, then you can PM me, or the anonymous (I think only admins can view it, maybe senators too) Forum Support is always available (or you can PM a higher up).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
How about a yes/no question? I got infracted for answering: "Does utilt>fair work on Luigi as Yoshi?". Seems dumb that I can't answer it with "Yes. 10yes" like I did without getting an infraction.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Yeah you're simply just answering their yes and no questions.. The global rules suck. *gets ready for infraction*

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's weird that a lot of people complain about mods.

I've never had any problem even if 90% of my posts aren't constructive at all.

Hopefully I'll get an infraction for this one, so I can complain too =).

DMoogle

A$
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY FINISHED MY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. That only took like 100+ hours (no joke).

...now I just have to explain them. Sigh...

As far as rules go, take it up with the folks that can change them if you don't like them.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i miss meowkitty
FYP

to prevent an infraction I am typing this paragraph, even though I didn't have to because the 10 character rule can be bypassed using tags ... between that and the no posts in all caps rule, this post would have been impossible (although the all caps rule can be similarly bypassed).

One other thing I might request is a feature to turn off the profanity filter. Sometimes you can't understand what people are saying, and sometimes I have to think really hard about "what profane word has 6 letters?" and stuff like that

The Star King

Smash Hero
I miss BYoshi.
He was a garbage moderator.

But yeah, the 10 char limit is pretty dumb. I usually bypass it when I need to with something like "Yes, it works" instead of "Yes", or "Fox is my best character" instead of "Fox", etc. But it's essentially the same post, the typing just wastes a couple of seconds of everybody's lives.

I don't blame the moderators, though. Their job is to enforce the rules, not create them.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
So yeah I had lots of ****ing amazing food today. Most of it being deep fried. Shrimp tempura, where have you been my entire life?

Also they had this deep fried custard desert. Omg, why is Japan so kickass?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I do blame the moderators - would you enforce such unjust laws, merely because someone told you to do so?
QFT. I was going to post something similar. Blue Yoshi wasn't a garbage moderator, he dealt with major issues afaik but didn't waste time on infracting smaller, harmless posts just because they went against rules.

Top Bottom