• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Of course there's people been "hurr hurr Min-Min got in, poor springy ****s hurr hurr, I was probably dropped as a kid so I attack people for minor stuff like this"

What's been the most toxic place to see it? Trolls aren't real fans.
i'm completely aware that fans shouldn't be generalized btw. i made a point to mention that there's min min fans in here who are absolutely lovely people.

and besides, i know very well what it's like to be generalized. for example, everytime someone brings up the earthquake thing with isaac, i feel like jumping out of a window. treat others how you want them to be treated and all that jazz

also
the world turned into bricks
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, i got that

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone: You can't just put in an ARMS character who's not on the original box art!

Nintendo:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The earthquake thing with Isaac?
Not to be that guy, but could you give me a link talking about it or something?
back in the base game days, the direct that revealed isabelle was delayed by one week due to a big earthquake in japan. isaac fans took this as a sign that isaac could have been revealed in the direct and that's why they delayed it, since isaac has earthquake powers. of course, it turned out to be a load of crap but it'd admittedly been taken out of context and dumbed down as to say that they thought "earthquake = ISAAC CONFIRMED?????" when it was more "what if isaac was the reason they delayed it because he has earthquake powers", which was still a stretch in retrospect.

it's since become one of the big laughing stock moments of ultimate spec and is to this day still used by people as ammunition to go "haha isaac fans bad amirite", which, as an isaac supporter myself, is annoying as all hell.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm very iffy on on this, mostly on the don't see it happening side.

One hand we're getting Min Min very soon

Other hand we did have a massive gap between Byleth and Min Min.
True but it’s possible they just need the extra two weeks after E3 to wrap up production on what would have been shown there

Shroob

Sup?
"If you google Spring Man, you may get a certain villain from a Manga series."

Spring Man

From Kinnikuman

Who was defeated/killed by....

Ramenman

1592854633932.png

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To celebrate Crash Bandicoot 4, I plan to do a full playthrough of the N-Sane Trilogy.

And as an added bonus, I'm throwing in The Wrath of Cortex into the mix.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Alright, finished on an update to my current prediction list. Feel proud with how it looked, 3 1st-Parties & 3 3rd-Parties, each with their own styles of fighting and unique gamplay quirks:

1 - Min Min (...Obviously.)

2 - Toxtricity

3 - Ryu Hayabusa

4 - Arle

5 - Rex & Pyra

6 - Crash

Impressions?
Rex, I could definitely see happening. Crash and Hayabusa also have fair shots.

Arle is popular in Japan, but somehow I don't see her getting in.

Toxtricity has its merits so it could be the Pokemon, though other Pokemon have equally good shots.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm betting we'll get it soon. Don't think it will as a big of a gap between Byleth and Min-Min.
I think so too. Sakurai and his team didn’t seem to be to terribly behind on development. In fact it looks like the only reason we didn’t get it sooner was either because IRL events delayed it, or Sakurai didn’t have the recording equipment till when he filmed it last month. Maybe both.

Regardless, with those seemingly being the only factors as to why he didn’t get to film it sooner, I’m leaning towards him probably having pretty smooth development with FP7 right now and could have even record the presentation at the same time as this one.

That’s just my personal speculation though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, with today wrapped up, let's see what Pokemon will bring in two days. I doubt they'll be able to top Pokemon Snap 2, but I'm still pretty excited.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I have been putting it off forever, but I’m gonna start my actual predictions now. When I’m done I’m just gonna place it in my signature.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
When a new Smash fighter is announced, that usually means that lots of GabaLeth voice listings follow, so I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So wait, does that mean that the "main character/mascot" has to get in first rule is dead?

Because, while yes you can argue that any ARMS character is the main character, Springman was undoubtedly the poster boy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So wait, does that mean that the "main character/mascot" has to get in first rule is dead?

Because, while yes you can argue that any ARMS character is the main character, Springman was undoubtedly the poster boy.
Spring Man's even the character that gets emphasized the most in the final smash when everyone gets some hits in

LethalHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
DUDES I FINALLY FINISHED FULL METAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD AND THAT MEANS I HAVE FINISHED BOTH SERIES!

Shroob

Sup?
Mates

I can't believe that Spring Man is dead

1592856530150.png

Yes, this is the Spring Man that Sakurai was mentioning in his little joke.

Yes, it's literally a man-sized spring with limbs.

And yes, it works for wrestler satan.

Any questions?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'm really loving these 3rd party/indie mii costumes we keep getting recently lol, I wonder who the next one will be

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'll give my update on my Season 2 Fighters Pass Predictions:
  • Min-Min - Confirmed as the ARMS rep and first character to be unveiled.
  • Ryu Hayabusa - If there any other third party companies who have yet to be represented in Smash, I'd say someone from Koei Tecmo with Ryu Hayabusa as my pick.
  • Xenoblade Rep - I did have a number of candidates in mind which ranges from the likes of Elma, Lora and Jin, Melia and Rex and Pyra. Personally, I predict Rex paired up with Pyra are the most likely candidates if Nintendo are opting for another playable Xenoblade character.
  • Another Third Party - I would possibly say another character representing either from Bandai Namco or Square Enix.
  • Pokemon Rep - This one I'm somewhat a little bit unsure for some reason, but we will find out whether there is another Pokemon rep in the Fighters Pass.
  • Another Third Party - Whilst I am not sure about the chances of this, but I would love to see another third party character that has yet to be represented in Smash.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Meanwhile on the official Smash Japan website:

Note: I did not edit this screenshot in any form.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
56AF0F61-3111-47F1-9041-4AA049299FA2.jpeg

Hey guys, I’m cool like Sakurai and have two televisions sets! One is for watching tv and netflix. The other is a big paperweight cause it died after ten years of use and I bought it when I first moved to Japan. Neither are used for gaming cause gaming with two kids is practically impossible!

Sakurai, can I join the development team as I too am part of the “two tv team”?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I love how the dude who made a lot of people get cautious and think "The pass will mainly be 1st parties" actually just used that as a coded message to say Min Min.

Classic leakers.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, a part of me is actually glad they waited this long to reveal the character.

When a character is just teased or namedropped, I usually don't get that excited yet. But when the trailer hits I get hyped. The problem with too much hype, however, is that it makes waiting unbearable since it's harder for me to distract myself from it.

This is going to be a long week.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, a part of me is actually glad they waited this long to reveal the character.

When a character is just teased or namedropped, I usually don't get that excited yet. But when the trailer hits I get hyped. The problem with too much hype, however, is that it makes waiting unbearable since it's harder for me to distract myself from it.

This is going to be a long week.
I really do hope the next character comes sooner than this though. 6 months between Byleth and Min Min was a bit rough.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In other news, the MOBA I play is getting Avatar characters as skins.

Wait, what? And that game is apparently on Switch to?

Oh man, I'm going to have to give it a try. I've tried playing LoL in the past and it never clicked with me, but hey, maybe this MOBA will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom