• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just unlocked Reyn & Sharla fifth skill trees, still wondering why Reyn's trees ask you to fight level 92-94 enemies, since by that point, there won't be much challenge, but hey, I did it at level 84-86, so I still go some time to unlock to make Reyn ready for any high levels-unique monsters.

Oh and, I finished the game too, still gonna do lots of sidequests before I either start fighting the superbosses or begin Future Connected.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really love how they integrated Min Min into the "Everyone is Here" banner.
Min Min.jpg

It's like her Dragon Arm is one of Red's pokemon here.

So what do y'all think? Did Wario and Dedede eat the last of the ramen? Is that why all the pokemon are going after them?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm guessing that one Verge rumor is even deader in the water.
“They said Mario Kart 9 is totally happening even though 8 is still selling big”

“Heihachi is going to crossover in something soon”

He sure did, he sure did.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well assists aren't looking at all likely, but considering that 1) Min Min was a specific request and 2) is also a protagonist, apparently, we can't totally rule out the idea of an assist trophy being promoted in the future.

I think Waluigi has a very tiny chance still. Not something I'd want to bet money on but something I think is at least in the realm of possibilities.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My playasia Sakura wars package was just found on the island and now it's on it's way here.
So basically I now have 2 physical copies of this game possibly coming this week.
EXvPDYvWAAAAdBI.jpeg.jpg

Getting this game has really been more trouble than it's worth.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There’s still impossible Zamazenta trades in Home; I thought they fixed it ;-; They should just remove level restrictions from Legendaries and Sub-Legendaries altogether >:/

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair though, he has a point.

In a fighting game, unless the game has a very focused story that revolves around a single character and everyone else is kinda just there to play along, like something like Blazblue, he's not wrong. In non-story focused fighting games, every character really is 'the protagonist'.

D

Deleted member

uh I haven't really given my thoughts on Min Min here so I'll just throw this out here I guess:

Min Min wasn't my preferred ARMS rep but I think she was the best one to go for overall from being one of the more popular and recognizable ARMS characters to her kit being a lot more complex but easy to translate into Smash than Spring-Man's or Max Brass's. Plus it made Ramen happy and a character addition that makes a friend of mine happy is always welcome.

She also looks like a lot of fun, I'm not sure how she'll do competitively cause we haven't really seen anything substantial on that front nor have we played her but from how well designed her moveset and stuff is I think it's really well done and looks like a lot of fun. Her Stage is a bit boring though and it's a shame we didn't get Sky Arena instead but they made it much more interesting than I would've thought which is cool at least.

They pretty much included most if not all the songs from ARMS which is nice as I'm really glad Sky Arena at least got it's theme as it's such a great piece of the ARMS soundtrack. Plus, it's also Max Brass's theme and Max Brass is great. [NAME REDACTED] is also a good piece of music, not as good as Sky Arena imo but still really solid.

Pretty solid overall, not the best if we're looking at it overall in-fact it'd probably be like in 3rd-4th place based off of what we saw so middle of the road but it's definitely an interesting start and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next in the pass and what my impressions are after getting my hands on it. Not the best but definitely not the worst.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He said that? HA! That is total crap. There is no way he would've put Min Min over Spring Man if it wasn't for the Assist Trophy. :yoshi:
Well it wasn't originally Sakurai who said it. It was ARMS's producer, Kosake Yabuki, who said that Min Min was a protagonist. He also requested Sakurai to add Min Min specifically.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was bored, so I decided to see what characters appear in the most trailers.
1592860305991.png

I'm surprised at how few trailers Ness, Yoshi, and Fox are in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I have a feeling Sakurai would’ve said so about Spring Man’s AT if that was why they didn’t choose him, as he’s usually honest about character stuff. The ARMS director also asked for Min Min, and while he could’ve discussed for another of the ARMS characters, it would be a bit rude to deny the series’ own creator which one he’d like. Him bringing up the protagonist thing could also imply he was actually considering Spring Man beforehand...kinda sad for us who wanted him most, but also happy if he really was considered at least, and Min Min is still a good pick (and she’s my 2nd favorite personally so...). Maybe his underdog status will help boost him for the future.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think this will be the only Nintendo character on the pass. Like the last one, I think each will come from a different company. Not as a rule. Just a thing I think happened.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just realized we can recreate more accuratly The Daigo Parry thanks to Min Min multi-jab.

EVO Moment #37 in Ultimate here we goooooo.

Shroob

Sup?
I think this will be the only Nintendo character on the pass. Like the last one, I think each will come from a different company. Not as a rule. Just a thing I think happened.
I highly doubt they're skipping Gen 8.

Despite what people may feel about the game, it's just not likely they pass up the current Gen which sold record numbers for the series.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If the livestream taught me anything, it's that Captain Falcon's voice actor was also JPN Vegeta's, which took me by surprise considering I never really heard them sounding alike. Maybe it's because Vegeta has no Engrish.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Updated my wallpaper with Min Min.

Mural renders by ElevenZM

It'll no longer be a perfect rectangle until Fighter's Pass 2 is complete.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If the livestream taught me anything, it's that Captain Falcon's voice actor was also JPN Vegeta's, which took me by surprise considering I never really heard them sounding alike. Maybe it's because Vegeta has no Engrish.
What about Vegeta calling out his attack in Engrish? Like Big Bang Attack & such?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Another note regarding the "progatonist/mascot first" rule is that Spring Man wasn't ARMS's only poster boy. There was also a poster girl.
Why didn't we get Ribbon Girl? She didn't have an assist trophy, and she's closer to "mascot" status then Ninjara or Min Min.

I seriously doubt Sakurai was like "Oh yeah I'd love to add Springman since he's the cover boy but like, flagging an assist trophy not to spawn when he joins the battle would be way too much work for my team of professional programmers so we have to go with the third or fourth most important character instead".

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What about Vegeta calling out his attack in Engrish? Like Big Bang Attack & such?
Vegeta's pitch is way different than Falcon's. Maybe because of how the characters are portrayed, I don't know.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This is still one of my favorite wallpapers, and I appreciate you updating it with every reveal, lol.
Thank you! I make the character slots whenever a new render comes out, as well as wait for an HD version of the mural to come out. It's a tradition I now thoroughly enjoy, so I'm glad you do too. Will keep doing it to the very end.

Another note regarding the "progatonist/mascot first" rule is that Spring Man wasn't ARMS's only poster boy. There was also a poster girl.

Why didn't we get Ribbon Girl? She didn't have an assist trophy, and she's closer to "mascot" status then Ninjara or Min Min.

I seriously doubt Sakurai was like "Oh yeah I'd love to add Springman since he's the cover boy but like, flagging an assist trophy not to spawn when he joins the battle would be way too much work for my team of professional programmers so we have to go with the third or fourth most important character instead".
To me ever since the first trailer, I've seen Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as dual mascots. That being said, Sakurai didn't go with a mascot/protagonist this time as according to the game director, everyone's a protagonist, and picked Min Min specifically since that was his request.

I blame Nintendo's marketing division for making me want Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, highlighting them the most. Would be nice if they change it up now so I would see someone like Min Min on equal footing to them.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Vegeta's pitch is way different than Falcon's. Maybe because of how the characters are portrayed, I don't know.
Yeah, different pitch that fit more the characters in questions, which is quite impressive imo. Like I knew Vegeta VA was C.Falcon a long time ago, but if I didn't saw it before today, I would have never made the connection on my own.

'guess we really need a F-Zero X Dragon Ball Crossover now.

Shroob

Sup?
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Because her design sucks.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To me ever since the first trailer, I've seen Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as dual mascots. That being said, Sakurai didn't go with a mascot/protagonist this time as according to the game director, everyone's a protagonist, and picked Min Min specifically since that was his request.
Well yeah, that was exactly my point.

Some people were saying Min Min was only picked over Springman because he was an assist trophy even despite what Sakurai said, and I think Ribbon Girl presents a bit of a hole in that logic since she was passed up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom