• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Irman, a ResetEra dude, had a 6 paragraph long Tweet chain which was basically musing over the idea that the next character may not be that exciting(This is before the character reveal today) and that he thought maybe the pass would focus primarily on 1st parties.

Today, he screencapped his tweets and pointed out that the first word of every paragraph spelled out "M I N M I N".

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I’m glad Min-min got in. She’s the character I wanted the most from ARMS.
She looks a little hard to get used to, I’m looking forward to trying out her mechanics.

I think he was referring to the Spirits don't decomfirm and the Assists don't deconfirm.
Wasn’t the whole thing with spirits that they only disconfirmed characters for FP1/base game? Spirits in the base game have no effect on FP2.

I can’t speak for everyone, but that’s always what I believed, and it seems to still be holding true.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think this will be the only Nintendo character on the pass. Like the last one, I think each will come from a different company. Not as a rule. Just a thing I think happened.
I’m betting two more with it rotating 1st party, third party, 1st party.

My bets are Geno next, then Toxcritity, then someone else(crash?) and then no idea on the next first party.
Another note regarding the "progatonist/mascot first" rule is that Spring Man wasn't ARMS's only poster boy. There was also a poster girl.

Why didn't we get Ribbon Girl? She didn't have an assist trophy, and she's closer to "mascot" status then Ninjara or Min Min.

I seriously doubt Sakurai was like "Oh yeah I'd love to add Springman since he's the cover boy but like, flagging an assist trophy not to spawn when he joins the battle would be way too much work for my team of professional programmers so we have to go with the third or fourth most important character instead".
I think it comes down to two things:

1) ARMS is like Ovwrwatch. Does that game have a mascot? Yes, is she above all important? No. Winston, Soldier, Reaper, even Anna and Mercy get a lot of love and are pretty important to lore and events in the game. So they have just as much merit to get in as Tracer would imo. ARMS is very similar with its style and structure.

2) I think that party crash really helped. Sure she is popular with the director, but she clearly has tons of fan support. So I think that plays into it a lot as well. Ribbon Girl has a great stage but is pretty bland herself and that jump mechanic would not work well given what Sakurai said.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Irman, a ResetEra dude, had a 6 paragraph long Tweet chain which was basically musing over the idea that the next character may not be that exciting(This is before the character reveal today) and that he thought maybe the pass would focus primarily on 1st parties.

Today, he screencapped his tweets and pointed out that the first word of every paragraph spelled out "M I N M I N".
You got a link?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Another note regarding the "progatonist/mascot first" rule is that Spring Man wasn't ARMS's only poster boy. There was also a poster girl.

Why didn't we get Ribbon Girl? She didn't have an assist trophy, and she's closer to "mascot" status then Ninjara or Min Min.

I seriously doubt Sakurai was like "Oh yeah I'd love to add Springman since he's the cover boy but like, flagging an assist trophy not to spawn when he joins the battle would be way too much work for my team of professional programmers so we have to go with the third or fourth most important character instead".
Sakurai on Min Min, 2020
1592864331499.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’m glad Min-min got in. She’s the character I wanted the most from ARMS.
She looks a little hard to get used to, I’m looking forward to trying out her mechanics.

Wasn’t the whole thing with spirits that they only disconfirmed characters for FP1/base game? Spirits in the base game have no effect on FP2.

I can’t speak for everyone, but that’s always what I believed, and it seems to still be holding true.
Many still held that belief for Fighters Pass 2.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Since everyone seems to be responding to this post, I want to clarify "Why didn't we get Ribbon Girl" is a rhetorical question. You guys can stop explaining it to me.

I suppose looking at it in hindsight, I didn't make it that obvious. But I do think Min Min as a pick makes perfect sense and do believe the "everyone is a protagonist" explanation.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Going by my bet I'm thinking of 3/3 split.

One first party from Xenoblade and either Pokemon or an unrepped IP.

Third party. God knows.

I'm still placing a suprise company will get a rep and it'll be Arc System Works or Falcom. Someone not as known outside of niche audiences in the West.

And I'm going to say Namco Rep as well.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ryu Hayabusa
Lloyd Irving
Rex & Pyra
Rayman

I would be willing to bet on this set, but I have no idea on who number six is.

I feel like Waluigi will still be a bonus after the pass though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I highly doubt they're skipping Gen 8.

Despite what people may feel about the game, it's just not likely they pass up the current Gen which sold record numbers for the series.
I highly doubt they'll bother with it. The promotion window for it is pretty much closed and there really isn't anything particularly stand out about the title compared to the rest of the series that warrants preservation.

And this is just me but I want to see SwSh forgotten and ignored for all of time.

My bets are Geno next, then Toxcritity, then someone else(crash?) and then no idea on the next first party.
I agree with Geno and Crash, and technically I have a space in my predictions that's supposed to be a surprise, so it COULD be a nintendo character. But I still don't think so. Makes more sense to me to go one per company.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just found all of the Digletts for a second time.

So now I'm basically back to where I was in my first save, except now, I have both Urshifu forms, 2 Zacian, 3 Zamazenta, 3 Eternatus and 3 Type: Null.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
https://www.pcgamesn.com/crash-bandicoot-4/pc-release-date

Activision on Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time coming to other systems: "We are still evaluating additional platforms for a future date. Stay tuned for more information."

Seems odd to me with how well the N-Sane Trilogy sold on the Switch.

But I'm still keeping my hopes high, even if it means I have to wait next year.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So random question before I go to bed.

When you guys type on the forum, do you imagine your voice or your pfp's?

And what voice do you imagine of everyone else's?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Yeah her hat even kinda makes it look like she's wearing a bowl on her head lol
I mean yea obviously it's supposed to look like she has an upside-down bowl of ramen on her head haha, but would it scientifically be classified as a bowl cut according to years of bowl cut research? Or, am I just trying way too hard with this pun?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, there are people working on the road outside where I live, so that mean I can't use water from the sinks, shower, faucet, etc. What a bummer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I kept on my word. I'll draw the new character. So here's the art for Min-Min. I only really did a rough sketch of Spring-Man before, but for a first attempt, I think I did OK. I still kind of suck at drawing chicks, but don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom