• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No Dr Coyle, whatsoever??
Dang.. that really sucks.
There are one or two spirits that we don't know about - Helix is the one next to Master Mummy who's cut off, and Max Brass isn't visible but we can see his spirit battle. Dr. Coyle could be one of them; I could see them using a green Mewtwo for her fight.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
There are at least two spirits that we don't know about - Helix is the one next to Master Mummy who's cut off, and Max Brass isn't visible but we can see his spirit battle. Dr. Coyle could be one of them; I could see them using a green Mewtwo for her fight.
I really hope so. I really like the green mewtwo idea. They could permanently have the Tanooki Leaf to represent her floating ability (I’m pretty sure Mew2 doesn’t get the ears so it’s not like it would be too noticeable) and would roll and air dodge often.

Anyways, she’s important to the game’s story and if she isn’t a spirit then she’s only represented by appearing in the background of Spring Stadium for a few seconds. Imagine if they gave that treatment to Gruntilda.

I may just be salty because I wanted at least a palette swap for Dr Coyle, so if this comes off overly aggressive then I’m sorry

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-spirits don’t rule out DLC characters.

It’s TETRIS BLOCK TIME! let’s go!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK I gotta say. Outside of Min-Min's stuff, the best part was Sakurai showing his gaming setup.

I mean damn.

_20200622_171051.JPG

That's not a gamers setup, that's a gaming historian's setup. It's what some would hope to reach for.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
With both Byleth and Min Min now in the game, I'm pretty ****ing satisfied with the selection of DLC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
-spirits don’t rule out DLC characters.

It’s TETRIS BLOCK TIME! let’s go!

Finally, it's time for the winner of the GameFAQs character popularity contest of 2007 to be playable in Smash Bros.!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The trailer did raise some questions about the ARMS lore. For man reasons:
  • Swirls in eyes change be "turned on/off". Something never seen before
  • Her arms looked like normal flesh before her transformation. In game, their ARMS are just contracted to have normal limbs with their stretch ARMS texture even when they are dressing casually
  • The reason people with ARMS wear masks is to keep control of their stretchy ARMS (though we still don't know the complete lore on that).
Hmm...

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Min-Min looks great. And looks to be good in Free-for-all matches.
-Vault Boy is cool to see. Whether it hints at Bethesda content in the future, we will see later.
-I certainly hope that with the Spirit Rematch deal, that gives us a selectable Boss Mode by rematching against the Boss Spirits like Rathalos. Like it would be great to finally fight against bosses with characters you can't fight with in Classic Mode without having to go through World of Light for a 2nd time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Afternoon.

So I'm going to do some quick predictions for the Arms Showcase.

1. I'm thinking Hero situation of the four usually mentioned.

2. We'll get an announcement of when are going to see the next character trailer.

3. A major Mii Fighter deconfirmation. I'm going to predict Hehachi or Lloyd as much as I don't want to.

4. Arms character won't be available right away but like the end of the week.

5. **** it. A game announcement after. Arms 2 or something else.

Bonus: Sakurai's Cat will be there.
Sadly, 1 outta 6 here. I'd say that's good considering you got something :)

oh trust me...you’re not Bernie correctly if that’s the case. You gonna need them supports, the wholesome content, and literally all the loving cause she is a bow machine...and a top tier character

also Marianne...sword...****ing do it for her real power (combined with Hilda’s excellent axe work, they make for a dynamic duo)
Idk if I'm "using" her correctly though. I gave her a shot in every play through I put her in and she always fall behind Leonie, Shamir, and Cyril for the bow users. I plan on giving her another shot in Black Eagles run for maddening, but if she sucks then she sucks (at least for me)

Marianne and Hilda pairing together I'd have to do

YOU PUT ASHE IN D WTF-
*sees Linhartd, Ignatz, seteth, Lorenz in B, Cyril in A, Claude and Yuri in s and male byleth is SS*
Im happy
Ashe to me is a literal worse version of Bernie. He just couldn't keep up with everything no matter how much I invest in him. Even Wyvern Rider class he struggled. I think his low defenses where it hurts for him even as a Bow Wyvern Rider

I made her a Pegasus Knight to get her Darting Blow in my maddening mode playthrough and she was easily the strongest member of my GD team, rivaled only by Lysithea. Apocalyptic Flame was also really busted.

Leonie is really good early game but sadly her attack stat struggles in the late game, at least in my experience. Maybe I should have made her a stronger class then Bow Knight.
Hilda being a Peg Knight helps her with speed.

I disagree with Leonie's attack stats. It's true her stats do impact later, but her speed saves her. Combine that with the personal "double bow" she gets and delivers each time.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly curious if the ARMS rep would have been different if Min Min didn't win that Party Crash.

I mean, yeah the director did want her in, but something tells me that win had some factor in the decision.

Then again, the character she was facing against was... Ninjara lol.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
With how much I've been rewatching the Arms Showcase and have nothing important this week apart from playing games and anime.

Feels I'm forgetting something important.

And CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 yeah 1 out of 6. My usual odds.

Still one is better than zero.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
There was a problem fetching the tweet

For f**k's sake people, get over it already! It's literally been 5 MONTHS.​

Ivander

Smash Legend
I completely forgot Min-Min was a Spirit previously, so this is good for those hoping for another Spirit promotion like Rayman or Geno.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How does this fare now?
1592844704638.jpeg

Spirits are now promotable
Bethesda is involved already.

So how does this look?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How does this fare now?
View attachment 275742
Spirits are now promotable
Bethesda is involved already.

So how does this look?
I'm getting the feeling they could be fake, but they could very well come with Geno, or at least the Mallow hat and then the Cacodemon head in a later pack. That means we'd see Geno first, however, so maybe they don't matter for his chances...and, ignoring his chances, basically they're just "possible." Ninjara was promoted to mii costume, though, so that's funny for Mallow.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fake as ****.
That's been a thing for about 7/8 months now?
And we've had Terry, Byleth and now Min Min in that time.
Nah not that long, it came out not too Long before Byletth if I recall. Maybe it was Terry. We don’t really know when they make costumes though. Still it’s interesting given the circumstances

D

Deleted member

This seems to confirm more spirit promotes:
Do people on Twitter even care about context anymore before jumping to conclusions? It was obviously talking about the Cuphead battle being modified to use the Mii costume if bought. If anything it'll imply that Spirit Battles like the Squid Sisters will get an upgrade.

Really getting tired of Smash fans taking stuff out of context.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
there have been three mii waves we could've gotten this stuff, including one with Bethesda content. It hasn't happened yet. Why do people still believe it?
Because it was never recreated 1 for 1 which is pretty big. Modders came close but still were off a bit.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Because it was never recreated 1 for 1 which is pretty big. Modders came close but still were off a bit.
of course people can't recreate it one-for-one. If you paint the mona lisa, there will be differences from the original. Same thing with modelling.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do people on Twitter even care about context anymore before jumping to conclusions? It was obviously talking about the Cuphead battle being modified to use the Mii costume if bought. If anything it'll imply that Spirit Battles like the Squid Sisters will get an upgrade.

Really getting tired of Smash fans taking stuff out of context.
Except this was after Sakurai mentioned that, which means outside of Cuphead more may end up altered. Which sure could be just the squid sisters, but more wouldn’t really refer to just one other change.

Does it have to relate to characters? No, but could it? Yes. Min-Min will definitely have her spirit battle altered because she’s playable. That would mean any other spirits will also be altered if that spirit is playable.
of course people can't recreate it one-for-one. If you paint the mona lisa, there will be differences from the original. Same thing with modelling.
This may be true but if a model is made, it’s not like an art piece. You can replicate models easier. And when the number one basis for this was that hackers couldn’t recreate the hats, that means they likely were made by someone with way more skill then those who mod their consoles. Could still be fake but that’s the gist of why it’s still talked about.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also the only reference for it is a bunch of potato quality images

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
there have been three mii waves we could've gotten this stuff, including one with Bethesda content. It hasn't happened yet. Why do people still believe it?
Mallow would most-likely come with Geno (or another Square character at least), and they could've had some mii costumes made earlier on, so that's personally why I keep an open mind about it. They work on multiple characters at the same time, so they could have some dudes on mii costume duty as well and make sure they work and look good/fit the miis good.

Also what's interesting (not related to the miis, and saying this to everyone in general): September's amiibo wave includes Smash Mario, Luigi, and Cloud re-releases, and Super Mario Bros.'s 35th anniversary is in September. If FP7 is revealed around or before then...:starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's still fake, i'm pretty sure the creators of DOOM outright deconfirmed him

But with the spirits argument gone I think Geno could be happening still
They both don’t have to mean geno and doom guy are in. It just means that the former is likely because Geno would be in, while the later could just be a costume. Or maybe it’s super big bait and neither are in and whoever made it or the tester that leaked this(if real) just wanted to mess with people

D

Deleted member

Except this was after Sakurai mentioned that, which means outside of Cuphead more may end up altered. Which sure could be just the squid sisters, but more wouldn’t really refer to just one other change.
I'm not going through all of the costumes and spirit battles, but the sisters aren't the only ones. Other examples are various SNK guys, Akira Yuki and Proto Man. And I bet there's more.
Does it have to relate to characters? No, but could it? Yes. Min-Min will definitely have her spirit battle altered because she’s playable. That would mean any other spirits will also be altered if that spirit is playable.
That's my entire point. Could it happen? Yes, in fact I never believed that AT and spirits deconfirm anyone, but in the context mentioned it talked about Mii costumes. People love to blow things out of proportion on Twitter and leave out other info.

For the record, here's the complete quote, with context:

Why would he talk about Cuphead, which has been a thing for months, and not Min-Min if talking about changing more spirit battles for playable fighters? It doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom