• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
After reading that new column, I find it funny how after years and years of demand and waiting all it really took was for Sakurai to ask and they basically handed him Banjo with no objections.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
After reading that new column, I find it funny how after years and years of demand and waiting all it really took was for Sakurai to ask and they basically handed him Banjo with no objections.
Sakurai: "Hey, uh, I know we compete with each other and all, but um... fans have been waiting for 2 decades for Banjo, and if you would be so kind, can you allow us to put him in the game?"
Microsoft: "Yeah, sure."
Sakurai: "Wait, what?"

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I don't play Splatoon, but I kinda want order to win just to see if it makes the next game into a Brave New World-esque dystopia.

...It definitely won't but it'd be hilarious.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
why are people getting worked up over sakurai talking about trunks and goku again
Because everyone is sick of Gohan getting shafted every single arc.

He finally gets to use the Z Sword, yet Trunks is all anyone cares about.

Not really what I’m looking for. Not enough lesbian energy.
You are not looking in the right places then. Or at least not hard enough.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because everyone is sick of Gohan getting shafted every single arc.

He finally gets to use the Z Sword, yet Trunks is all anyone cares about.
has a dbz fighting game used a z sword moveset

would be pretty neat

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have a feeling that they may just port Ultimate with a few new modes, characters and/or stages for the next Nintendo consoles when they finish with the Switch.
We thought the same thing with 4, which I guess sort of happened, but there's enough changes in gameplay to feel more than just a port.

I think at some point there's gonna be a Marvel 3 situation, but that all depends on how different the next game is from Ultimate engine wise and aesthetically.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all not sure how long I'll be here since I'm going down to my house to cut the grass later tonight but figured now be a good time to relax after going down to the creek with my dogs.

What I been missing? Lots or not much?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
has a dbz fighting game used a z sword moveset

would be pretty neat
Super DBZ on PS2. It's gotta be a little harder to find now that Dragon Ball Super exists.

Granted Adult Gohan in that game was like a mix of Teen Gohan and F. Trunks moveset wise, gotta save that money faaaaaaaam. But he does use the Z-Sword. It's also the one DBZ fighting game with Chi-Chi in it. It was also one of the more competitive DBZ games, more so than Budokai 3/Infinite World with all it's Block cancelling shenanigans.

EDIT: Super Sonic Warriors 2. Adult Gohan and Future Trunks do a Team Super where they both use Swords on some Chrono Trigger ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized something...

We can take the moon in Super Mario Maker.

And we can also take the sun.

Alongside some things that seem like fun for some levels.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Then fans would rant online about how terrible the graphics are and how they should've brought back every Pokemon stage.
Nah, because Splatoon 3 will be made with actual effort

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Banjo-Kazooie. Given their inclusion in Smash. What are the chances you guys think we'll get a new game or at least remasters of the original two games?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Big ass truck drops a ton of concrete on the floor for a construction in front of my house
>Nearing 100°F rn
>These workers are using buckets to bring the concrete to a roof as fast as possible

Who will will win?

6 workers with 3 buckets and 2 shovels
or
1 sunny boi

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Then fans would rant online about how terrible the graphics are and how they should've brought back every Pokemon stage.
Bring back Pokefloats you cowards.
Nah, because Splatoon 3 will be made with actual effort
Insert censored *Ah ****, here we go again* meme here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly if your name isn’t square Enix it sounds like it’s that easy as well.

At least they seemed a little more generous with hero

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Decided to dust off the old newcomer tier list and share it around:

Hopefully Hero and Banjo being here tip people off that this isn't meant to be competitive; it's just a quick dive into who I was excited for the most and least among this class of newcomers, and it's going to be hilariously hard for me to try and find someone that can top Joker from these next two slots.

EDIT: If anyone wants to do their own take on this, I've got the template here:

NEWCOMER_tier_list_template.png

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Weren't there a handful of stages that didn't come back? Weapons too.
From off the top of my jead, Urchin Underpass, Mahi Mahi Resort, Saltspray Rig, and Flounder Heights didn't return. Like 4 weapons didn't return either, and that was the Wasabi Splattershot, the Berry Splattershot Pro, the CoroCoro Roller, and the Kelp Charger, but all of those have third versions anyway. The Dual Squelchers are gone completely, in favor for the Dualie Squelchers, though the original Dual Squelcher is the exact same as the Splattershot Pro.

I miss some of the stages though, but they can keep Saltspray, that stage just sucked no matter the circumstances.

Oh, and there was also the Battle Dojo mode, nobody used it. No loss there.

And all the specials have been replaced. The only sub gone were the Seekers, and some useless ablilties got the axe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom