• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Now, here's a more controversial ranking of DLC characters from both games in terms of hype.
S::ultlucas::ultmewtwo:
A::ulthero::ultpiranha::ultryu:
B::ultbayonetta::ultcloud:
C::ultroy::ultjoker:
D::ultbanjokazooie:
I sleep::ultcorrin:
Not far off from mine.

(S): :ultmewtwo::ultlucas:
(A): :ultpiranha:
(B): :ultryu::ulthero::ultcloud::ultjoker:
(C): :ultroy::ultbanjokazooie:
(D)::ultcorrin:
(E)::ultbayonetta:

Truth be told, anyone past PP is someone who I don't really care about that much. The DLC of both games are averaging out to get a "Meh, it's okay I guess" rating from me.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I think the most hype I was at a newcomer announcement was after the isabelle announcement when I thought tom nook was going to be an echo fighter

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now, here's a more controversial ranking of DLC characters from both games in terms of hype.
S::ultlucas::ultmewtwo:
A::ulthero::ultpiranha::ultryu:
B::ultbayonetta::ultcloud:
C::ultroy::ultjoker:
D::ultbanjokazooie:
I sleep::ultcorrin:
S: :ultmewtwo::ultryu: and :ultroy: in retrospect
A: :ultpiranha::ultjoker::ultcloud::ultbanjokazooie::ultlucas:
B: :ulthero::ultcorrinf:
C: :ultbayonetta:

Never really got into Bayonetta.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There were so many of them back in September

What happened?
Ehhh... The response to Isabelle was mediocre at best. A lot of people were angry that she wasn't an Echo and that the earthqauke theory was wrong and we didn't get Isaac. People learning about Incineroar being the last unique character added even more salt to the wound.

Personally, I'd argue Isabelle deserved it just because she's one of the biggest Nintendo all-stars who wasn't already on the roster at the time, but I can see why people were disappointed. AC newcomers aren't exactly high in demand.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Male Corrin has really dumb hair that doesn't even make sense from certain angles. So :ultcorrinf:>:ultcorrin:. :p

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Might as well post my ranking as well, here's my feelings on Ultimate's newcomers:
S: :ultridley:
A: :ultjoker::ultsimon::ultrichter:
B::ultincineroar::ultkrool::ulthero::ultken::ultinkling:
C::ultdarksamus::ultpiranha::ultisabelle:
D::ultbanjokazooie::ultchrom::ultdaisy:

Noipoi

Howdy!
All dlc here we go

S:ultbanjokazooie:
A:ultmewtwo::ultlucas:
B:ultcorrinf::ultcloud::ulthero:
C:ultroy::ultryu:
D:ultbayonetta::ultjoker:

Smash 4 dlc newcomers were a whole meh, Corrin’s moveset saved it for me. The veterans were cool though.

Ultimate’s fighters pass is being carried by Banjo at the moment imo.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, on an unrelated note, I'm really glad to hear that SamSho is making a great impression. I hope this game does well enough for SNK to get a little more budget and be able to come back as a company, specially considering KOF14 didn't do so hot from what I know.

Alias Tex

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3796-7058-8396
By reveal:
S: :ultpiranha: :ultjoker: (Totally unexpected. Didn't even know Joker but the timing was crazy)
A: :ultisabelle: :ultkrool: (Rather unexpected, a nice surprise)
B+: :ultbanjokazooie: :ultsimon: :ultridley: (Solid additions)
B-: :ultincineroar: :ultdaisy: :ultdarksamus: :ultrichter: (Less significant, but appreciated)
C: :ultinkling: :ulthero: :ultken: :ultchrom: (Overshadowed by Smash itself or another character)

"Everyone is Here" would rank SS in terms of genuine excitement for me. If I had to tier it, it would go just after :ultpiranha: only because Piranha Plant's reveal makes me laugh.

• Steve from Minecraft. I get that some people don't care for Minecraft and that the importance of inclusion is not Steve so much as it is Minecraft, but this game really means a lot to me. Steve would be one of the few characters in the game that would really matter to my generation of gamers (under 20 years old), if that helps to give some of you Nintendo veterans some perspective.
  • Spyro the dragon. I'm not even a fan - just from the few clips that I have seen of Remastered gameplay, I think that he would have a killer moveset/movement.
  • Tails, but not happening
  • Shadow as a Sonic echo, but not happening. I'm not a Sonic fan, but I like playing as Sonic so gimme an Echo.
  • An ARMS rep. I don't think that ARMS has earned it, but if I had to make a Nintendo pick purely for the moveset, it would be him.
  • Bandanna Dee. I have no connection to this character, I just think that I would like using a small spear-wielder.
  • Shovel Knight. I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not he is big enough of a deal, but as a character and game he gets the seal of approval.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Anyways, on an unrelated note, I'm really glad to hear that SamSho is making a great impression. I hope this game does well enough for SNK to get a little more budget and be able to come back as a company, specially considering KOF14 didn't do so hot from what I know.
I watched a whole stream of someone playing it last night and it was pretty damn fun to just watch

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, but can we talk about how little fanfare Corron got when she was in Smash 4? Like, a bunch of people weren't happy, Sakurai admitted that he didn't even want her in the first place til the dev team changed his mind, she was sandwiched in between Cloud and Bayo, so Nintendo didn't bother advertising her, Fates was all over the place in terms of fan reception, and Corrin as a character wasn't recieved well at all. In fact, her trailer was cutscene ripped straight from her game with a photoshopped option to join Smash. Every other DLC character had FAR more to it, and majority was just made in engine.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok, but can we talk about how little fanfare Corron got when she was in Smash 4? Like, a bunch of people weren't happy, Sakurai admitted that he didn't even want her in the first place til the dev team changed his mind, she was sandwiched in between Cloud and Bayo, so Nintendo didn't bother advertising her, Fates was all over the place in terms of fan reception, and Corrin as a character wasn't recieved well at all. In fact, her trailer was cutscene ripped straight from her game with a photoshopped option to join Smash. Every other DLC character had FAR more to it, and majority was just made in engine.
Being Corrin is suffering

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Male Corrin has really dumb hair that doesn't even make sense from certain angles. So :ultcorrinf:>:ultcorrin:. :p
Honestly it's just the voice that gets me.

The design is fine. But :ultcorrinf:'s voice is fantastic and :ultcorrin:'s voice is fanotastic.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
If I were to rank all the DLC characters based on my excitement:
(S) :ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker::ultmewtwo:
(A) :ulthero::ultroy::ultcorrin:
(B) :ultlucas::ultpiranha:
(C) :ultbayonetta::ultryu::ultcloud:

Yeah, I was one the weirdos excited to see Corrin, lol.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
All this dunking on Cornman will lead to him getting revealed as the next Legendary in Heroes, right?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I think the big problem with Corrin's reveal is that she was the black sheep of the DLC, she was a clear advertisement pick for a series that already had a DLC character. She came after a massively hype character(Cloud), and to top it all off it was after the ballot which is when people went crazy campaigning and voting for who they wanted. It was a set of circumstances and bad timing that left this character a bad impression on the general Smash audience.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well apparently rained where I am and dad wants to continue doing some work in the back. That said here I am now y'all. What's the current discussion?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly it's just the voice that gets me.

The design is fine. But :ultcorrinf:'s voice is fantastic and :ultcorrin:'s voice is fanotastic.
How dare you talk crap about Cam Clarke. and... Yuri Lowenthall apparently because he was a voice option in fates and jesus Christ Yuri, why are you everywhere

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh **** we ranking newcomers now?
S: :ultbanjokazooie:
A: :ultkrool:,:ultridley:, :ultken:
B::ultjoker:,:ultincineroar:,:ultinkling:, :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:,:ultchrom:
C: :ulthero:, :ultdarksamus:, :ultpiranha:, :ultdaisy:, :ultisabelle:
Maybe it's a cop-out but I don't really feel dissatisfied with any of the characters. They're all fine additions, I just prefer some over others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom