• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

regardless of who wins this splatfest, the next game will probably have a new music duo. The Squid Sisters were based off of J-Pop idols, while off the hook is more hip-hop influenced. What should the next group be based off of?
A death metal band of course.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I wonder if Noipoi likes Shadows of Almia as much as I do or a bit less.

That game is my favourite one on the whole Pokémon series, so I doubt Noipoi would like it that much doh.

D

Deleted member

Regarding Banjo mention of popularity from Sakurai's latest column, why do I have the unpleasant feeling that a lot of the fanbases are going to go overboard for the support regarding characters now and adapt even the most toxic aspects of the fanbase now for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
regardless of who wins this splatfest, the next game will probably have a new music duo. The Squid Sisters were based off of J-Pop idols, while off the hook is more hip-hop influenced. What should the next group be based off of?
It probably does depend on who wins.

For Chaos, heavy metal would make sense, unless they want to pick something more mournful for the state of the world like country western or something.

For Order, probably something more urban sounding (IDK music genres ahaha...) since they’d be performing for more of an underground crowd. Alternatively, they could be a group whose purpose is more so to try to control the collective psyche of the masses (kind of like the use “Everything is Awesome” in the LEGO Movie 1 to prevent any thoughts of rebellion) and so have more of an electronic sound to fit the high tech theme?

D

Deleted member

Regarding Banjo mention of popularity, why do I have the unpleasant feeling that a lot of the fanbases are going to go overboard for the support regarding characters now and adapt even the most toxic aspects of the fanbase now for the future.
I always try to not be toxic as much time as possible.

A videogame character getting in Smash won't make me get toxic, more so with the way Ultimate is already perfect for me.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regarding future Splatoon games, it'd be cool if they tried making a music group with four members instead of just two, and I'm not just saying that because I want to see them try something different. Imagine having four teams to choose from in Splatfests.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I don't know if I can decide a team for this splatfest...

Guess I'll just flip a coin.

Either way, I'm ready for the C̶o̶n̶c̶e̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ Splatocalypse!

D

Deleted member

Regarding future Splatoon games, it'd be cool if they tried making a music group with four members instead of just two, and I'm not just saying that because I want to see them try something different. Imagine having four teams to choose from in Splatfests.
The Fantastic Quartet.

*Tomatoes start raining into my face after making the awful pun*

D

Deleted member

Regarding the splatfest, team order all the way. Marie needs to win again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can’t wait for Splatoon 3 to take place in a post-apocalyptic mad max world/a robotic 1984-esque dystopia where no free will is allowed

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
On another note, I wonder if the Splatoon 3 music group would contain the one winning member of this Splatfest along with a new character, with the other character possibly being a part of the single player campaign. Their dialogue mentioned the possibility of Off the Hook breaking up, so that would be one potential result of that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
On another note, I wonder if the Splatoon 3 music group would contain the one winning member of this Splatfest along with a new character, with the other character possibly being a part of the single player campaign. Their dialogue mentioned the possibility of Off the Hook breaking up, so that would be one potential result of that.
Pearl is kidnapped by Octolings, Marina dons a Kimono and recruits you to go save her.

D

Deleted member

That idea reminds me about how the three Back To The Future movies basically shared an almost identical plot structure, but with a few elements and settings changed.

Nothing against that from my part doh, since I love BttF.

It is also worth to note that I may be wrong since I only played Splatoon 1.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Pearl is kidnapped by Octolings, Marina dons a Kimono and recruits you to go save her.
I imagine that there might be a greater moral dilemma at play, rather than it being a simple rescue plot like in 2.
Would the winning character have regrets or would they continue to push for the world they’ve created (perhaps to the point of becoming the antagonist themselves, maybe resulting in the opposite of what my last post was?) Or would the losing character’s want to turn things around be taken to the extremes, making them the antagonist? Or will we get a simple plot where they both ultimately team up to take down some other enemy? There’s quite a few ways they could take the plot.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno. From what I've seen, it's gonna be reaaaaaally close. Team Chaos seems to be far more popular, but I feel like Team Order could have the older players.

It could go either way IMO.
Y’know how I know?

The best girl won last time, it’ll happen again.

And both their names start with MAR.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Regarding Banjo mention of popularity from Sakurai's latest column, why do I have the unpleasant feeling that a lot of the fanbases are going to go overboard for the support regarding characters now and adapt even the most toxic aspects of the fanbase now for the future.
I have hopes that it won't carry on for the future. The wait between Ultimate and the next Smash game will be brutally long, I think people will have a more realistic outlook by that point and the toxicity will be lessened during the speculation of the next game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I watched Penguinz0 latest video about this one reality show called Keys to the VIP. It's a show were some Chads have to do the most Chaddiest stuff to get women to fall for them, like insult them, get them away from their group to make out with them on hidden cameras, get a fake ex-GF to make the ladies jealous, the usual Chad stuff. I'm going to watch every episode to become the ultimate Chad. When I'm done, I'll be...

CHADTRON 3000

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I watched Penguinz0 latest video about this one reality show called Keys to the VIP. It's a show were some Chads have to do the most Chaddiest stuff to get women to fall for them, like insult them, get them away from their group to make out with them on hidden cameras, get a fake ex-GF to make the ladies jealous, the usual Chad stuff. I'm going to watch every episode to become the ultimate Chad. When I'm done, I'll be...

CHADTRON 3000
heretic! this is not the gamer way!

you're converting to society!

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Gosh darn it i want marina to win but I love chaos what to do... Hmmm thinking about it ill just choose it randomly then throw my switch in the trash. Thats the only logical answer

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have hopes that it won't carry on for the future. The wait between Ultimate and the next Smash game will be brutally long, I think people will have a more realistic outlook by that point and the toxicity will be lessened during the speculation of the next game.
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from the next Smash. This could very well be the last Smash ever. Although I would be psyched if this game was just consistently updated five characters at a time for the rest of the Switch’s lifetime. That would be interesting.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
heretic! this is not the gamer way!

you're converting to society!
“Converting to society.”

Did you just make that up? I’m so damn proud of whoever you are. I’m stealing it.

Why did he not get more likes? Get a humor. Figure it out.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from the next Smash. This could very well be the last Smash ever. Although I would be psyched if this game was just consistently updated five characters at a time for the rest of the Switch’s lifetime. That would be interesting.
I have a feeling that they may just port Ultimate with a few new modes, characters and/or stages for the next Nintendo consoles when they finish with the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom