• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, new AMA is up for Gentlepanda Gentlepanda so go harass him.

Also, since we didn't have one Sunday, the AMA for Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy is still up if you missed out on that one.

Side note: Any recommendations on a new poll? E3's such old news now.

Iridium

Smash Hero
This is coming out:
Didn't the producers say something about reviving the original if Go's movie was successful? Close enough.

So I forgot to do the AMA drawing on Saturday like usual, then the actual first AMA on Sunday. Whoops.

But.

I just drew one name for today, and iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's....... Gentlepanda Gentlepanda ! Come on down, buddy.

If you're up for an AMA I'll put it up soon.
Quick question. What if some of the people on the list who haven't done theirs yet isn't here anymore? What happens in case of that?

PushDustIn clarified that it's unclear if the spells are random, or if the order is random, as Sakurai is being vague (probably to not spoil anything for their full unveil coming up).
I'm interested in the ability to "save" spells for later use. There's still that one clip when Solo has Psyche Up and Bounce active at once, which I think pertains to that. I can wait for an explanation on how that exactly works.

but unlike lootcrate,all his moves have value
I guess Sakurai knew people wanted to get stylish on others when he chose Kamikazee.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Quick question. What if some of the people on the list who haven't done theirs yet isn't here anymore? What happens in case of that?
That's why I tag and ask. If they don't respond, I'll just redraw another name. It's a random picker tool so I just have to click "pick name" again and it'll give me someone else.

So far hasn't been a problem.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Side note: Any recommendations on a new poll? E3's such old news now.
I was going to suggest what side people were choosing in the final Splatoon 2 Splatfest, but it might be a few weeks too early for that

D

Deleted member

If you open up the command menu and get Kamikazee as an option you are legally required to try and kill with it
Go big or go home

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was going to suggest what side people were choosing in the final Splatoon 2 Splatfest, but it might be a few weeks too early for that
That........ is not a bad idea.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The final one?
Yeah. They're ending new Splatoon 2 content and having a final Splatfest between Marina and Pearl, much like they did with Callie and Marie.

Apparently they're also updating it to 5.0 to allow private lobbies to pick from all the Splatfest stages.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh. Well that's kinda sad.
I mean it's been two years and they never charged for anything but the Octo Expansion.

I just hope this means they'll turn off the bonehead function of not keeping Salmon Run open all the time. Like. I want to play Salmon Run. Why is a game mode closed. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah. They're ending new Splatoon 2 content and having a final Splatfest between Marina and Pearl, much like they did with Callie and Marie.

Apparently they're also updating it to 5.0 to allow private lobbies to pick from all the Splatfest stages.
Its between Order and Chaos

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean it's been two years and they never charged for anything but the Octo Expansion.

I just hope this means they'll turn off the bonehead function of not keeping Salmon Run open all the time. Like. I want to play Salmon Run. Why is a game mode closed. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA.
nah just wait for splatoon 3 where the lore is that inklings and octolings have a common ancestor in the krakenlings and basically the pillar men are here to **** your **** up

1561570545274.png

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
OK, so this is the original text about the Hero's command inputs.

何らかの形でウィンドウが表示され、ランダムに出てくる呪文やワザを選べます。

The direct translation will be something like this.
"The window will be shown in a certain way, then you may select randomly appeared spells and moves."

To me, the most interesting is the "in a certain way" part.
May be Sakurai just being too-vague as usual, but this could be hinting that the command system is not directly tied to B moves.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think people are confused on Hero's wording as Sakurai could also he saying that his moves are random assortments of spells from the DQ series.

I mean, it would not make any sense trying to recover, and instead it pulls up the menu for stationary physical attacks.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why are people getting worked up over sakurai talking about trunks and goku again

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Regarding Hero's RNG: it's been noted that he goes into the thinking pose briefly before a number of different spells other than the ones shown in the menus (at least according to some, I haven't analyzed the trailer that closely). I believe this includes zoom, which means even if it is one menu, that menu will sometimes have recovery moves. I'm still clinging to the hope that the spells were decided upon randomly and there's no actual RNG in the game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is there a point during the game past which not all stray beads will be available anymore? I remember trying to do a 100% run a while ago, but reaching a section of the game near the end where a change occurs (permanent until the end) and after which I wasn't sure that all the beads would still be available
As far as I know, all of the stray beads are available until you enter the final dungeon, and the game makes it VERY clear that it's a point of no return, outright highlighting the words "point of no return" in red and asking if you want to proceed.

There's at least one enemy that's missable, though. It's in an area where Ammy shrinks down - there are four elemental mirrors, based on fire, ice, lightning, and wind, and at the very least, the fire one is only in that section, and it doesn't appear anywhere else.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He pannenkoek
He kinda stoic

but more importantly

HE'S BAoiCK

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
He pannenkoek
He kinda stoic

but more importantly

HE'S BAoiCK
pannenkoek's been uploading to his second channel for years

he's doing no joystick runs now

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd really wait until Hero's moveset to be fully revealed before starting to freak out.

Smash characters relying on luck for one or two moves is nothing new, but it never extended to a whole moveset and I don't see a reason for Hero to be first.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So I guess we'll just have to wait until Sakurai divulges more info before this Hero issue can be settled. Which is exactly what we were doing anyway...

Also staindgrey staindgrey I should like to be added to the AMA list.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I guess we'll just have to wait until Sakurai divulges more info before this Hero issue can be settled. Which is exactly what we were doing anyway...

Also staindgrey staindgrey I should like to be added to the AMA list.
Done.

Now about this poll... Hrm.

A part of me just wants to abuse my power and make something funny.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Okay, so don't hate me for this, but...

I actually think it'd be pretty cool if Hero's moves were randomly generated. Might not be practical competitively, but it emphasizes strategic thinking and working with what's available - something that really suits Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, so don't hate me for this, but...

I actually think it'd be pretty cool if Hero's moves were randomly generated. Might not be practical competitively, but it emphasizes strategic thinking and working with what's available - something that really suits Dragon Quest.
yeah that's cool but your opponent will know what you pick cause of the submenu

unless it doesn't show that online which would be ****ing jank and hilarious

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine if the list changes with each stock.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly, Lloyd or a general Tales rep seems to be almost a lock for DLC #4 or 5 with what Sakurai said about fan requests, or possible Smash 6. He did get a mii costume in the same wave as Chrom and K. Rool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom