• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It’s strange
I’m writing a new song and the words are just pouring out and feel true to me

But I haven’t been through the exact situation that the words decribe (it’s a story of two people head over heels in love who Fell apart)
I guess it’s just the emotion of the words I’m resonating with or there is some deep connection somewhere in the recesses of my brain that connect some personal experience I’ve had too this kind of story

I know their are some fellow creative types around and I would love to know if any of you have experienced this kind of thing before

It’s kind of fascinating that my brain just instinctively made something that feels so familiar and also so distant.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is this funny? I think it’s funny.
Except he loves Minecraft and while yes it seems getting Steve to work was hard to some extent, I highly doubt he hated the idea. Nothing he said implied he disliked including Steve.

In fact, it probably made him happy, since he's assuring us they don't just choose from his favorites but then someone asks him to add a character (which seems to imply he likes the idea of him).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s strange
I’m writing a new song and the words are just pouring out and feel true to me

But I haven’t been through the exact situation that the words decribe (it’s a story of two people head over heels in love who Fell apart)
I guess it’s just the emotion of the words I’m resonating with or there is some deep connection somewhere in the recesses of my brain that connect some personal experience I’ve had too this kind of story

I know their are some fellow creative types around and I would love to know if any of you have experienced this kind of thing before

It’s kind of fascinating that my brain just instinctively made something that feels so familiar and also so distant.
mmm.. never really felt like that before. I have occasionally felt Deju Vu when I draw but that's bout it.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
mmm.. never really felt like that before. I have occasionally felt Deju Vu when I draw but that's bout it.
its weird man I’m going through an internal struggle if it’s disengenous as a song on the one hand it hasn’t happened to me on the other

but there is something fundamental about it resonating with me very heavily

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Some kid in my school has a hotspot, so I have WiFi here, aw yeah.

Just wanted to say, I’m super pumped for Steve. I don’t think I ever said it, but he was certainly up there as one of my most wanted fighters. He looks freaking amazing, can’t wait to play him. Also that music rocks.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So there are two things we should really think about here.

First off,

In pass one Vergeben mentioned Minecraft content coming. I wonder Steve was actually going to be coming first before banjo. But all the reworking that needed to be done led them to save steve for future.

Second, remember a few months ago people were discussing that Sakurai Nintendo account. They were saying it’s fake but uh is it?

Because remember the game he was playing? Minecraft and here we are. Really makes you think.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to say, I’m super pumped for Steve. I don’t think I ever said it, but he was certainly up there as one of my most wanted fighters. He looks freaking amazing, can’t wait to play him. Also that music rocks.
my phone has a hotspot and it's pretty good... until I run out of the monthly data in which point it becomes so slow I can barely load google's homepage.

That hotspot practically defined my bus rides to and from school lol. Used it all the time until it ran out of data, in which case I just sucked it up usually and had to wait the long and tedious 30-1hour ride home/to school.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Is this funny? I think it’s funny.
Sakurai gave his reasoning for why he was reluctant to include Steve - it's because they had to reprogram every stage to accommodate for his block placing mechanics. He then included that he enjoys playing Minecraft at the end of the presentation.

I don't think it's fair to take it out of context like that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Now here's the big question.. do I care enough about this minecraft character to put Alex as my avatar? :O

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
IT'S STEVE

IT'S ****ING STEVE

I HAVEN'T CHEERED THIS LOUDLY AT A TRAILER IN YEARS!

Oh my God I love this

In all the salt going on right now, seeing posts like this always put a smile on my face.

...I mean, my real face, my current avi is always smiling, but more the smug kind, so it doesn't really portray well my emotions, if you know what I mean.....yeah.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sakurai gave his reasoning for why he was reluctant to include Steve - it's because they had to reprogram every stage to accommodate for his block placing mechanics. He then included that he enjoys playing Minecraft at the end of the presentation.

I don't think it's fair to take it out of context like that.
I mean, there are people out there who genuinely believe "Never ask me for anything ever again" is an actual, dead-serious quote from Sakurai rather than a made-up meme.

So this is hardly surprising.

D

Deleted member

Personally I've been thinking about getting into 3d modeling and animation so I can make models/small 10 seconds animations of stuff that don't have any yet(like my precious card game characters and maybe my sona if I can ever settle on a goddamn design) but man it's pretty hard from what little I've tried.
It certainly seems overwhelming at first, but it's really not so bad once you get used to it. I've been doing it for 5-6 years as a side hobby (so nothing serious even) and while at first I was unsure how to ever get decent at it, I've grown fairly confident at it by now. I'd suggest just grabbing some models and messing around with them to get a feel for it before starting to make custom stuff.

Hi, it’s nice to see you again.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
In all the salt going on right now, seeing posts like this always put a smile on my face.

...I mean, my real face, my current avi is always smiling, but more the smug kind, so it doesn't really portray well my emotions, if you know what I mean.....yeah.
Oh I’m not surprised folks are pissed. I’ll leave em’ to it, I got ****ing Minecraft Steve

D

Deleted member

I also wanted Byleth too so uh... yeah I'm feeling pretty good rn with 3 of my top wants in a row lol
I'm just sitting over here, knowing that the odds of any of my wants getting in is practically non existent like
download (3).jpeg

Happy for steve though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

:ultgreninja:- you may have outsmarted me, but I outsmarted your outsmarting!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Don't think Steve will actually be able to do this, considering his Down Smash is him pouring lava, then it disappears almost immediately(and also the idea of having lava as a permanent edgeguard just sounds busted) Pretty funny though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
The biggest thing I've noticed in the past year is that pretty much every character released has made one group of fans angry. What that tells me is that they're doing a good job of adding in characters for everyone. If you take a game and the fanbase loves every character, it usually implies that the fanbase itself is a pretty small sample size and very like minded (which is good, but IMO prevents growth). Because of the variety of characters, Smash really does appeal to an incredibly broad spectrum of gamers.

D

Deleted member

Man, I'm pretty conflicted about Steve. On one hand I don't care much for him and think he looks bad aesthetically thus clashing a lot with the rest (though Sakurai still did a good job given the circumstances), but on the other hand, the sheer amount he must've taken from a programming standpoint is awe inspiring for "just" a DLC character, having to edit every stage. At least the Inklings had the excuse of being base characters and I'm tempted to get the DLC just for that reason alone.

Can't wait to see all the building shenanigans that come out of him though. Or if he'll even be tourney legal.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Feeling pretty depressed about Rex's chances now that we know talks for Steve took about three years, meaning the rest of the pass was likely decided on years ago as well.

I think I'm taking a break.
Don't give up my friend. Four spots left! And yeah I feel the same.

It certainly seems overwhelming at first, but it's really not so bad once you get used to it. I've been doing it for 5-6 years as a side hobby (so nothing serious even) and while at first I was unsure how to ever get decent at it, I've grown fairly confident at it by now. I'd suggest just grabbing some models and messing around with them to get a feel for it before starting to make custom stuff.

Thanks for reminding me to watch Toradora with that image.
And again, welcome back.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Except he loves Minecraft and while yes it seems getting Steve to work was hard to some extent, I highly doubt he hated the idea. Nothing he said implied he disliked including Steve.

In fact, it probably made him happy, since he's assuring us they don't just choose from his favorites but then someone asks him to add a character (which seems to imply he likes the idea of him).
I just kind of need this. The Banjo v Steve debates were so heated and so toxic that even after Banjo is already in the game, Steve being revealed just pokes at barely healed scars. Like, he actually called Minecraft "the best selling game on earth". And no matter how true that is and no matter how not his fault this is, it was used as ammunition against Banjo so much that hearing it from his mouth hurt. There is not tactful way to add him to the game anymore because of how bad the fanbase wars got. And the only thing that makes it sting slightly less is the idea that he didn't want to do it and was forced. But I guess I should just be quiet about this. I'm not as mad as I was about Byleth. Partly because Banjo is already in the game. But.... sighs. Disappointed I won't be able to participate in the discussion because of it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Feeling pretty depressed about Rex's chances now that we know talks for Steve took about three years, meaning the rest of the pass was likely decided on years ago as well.

I think I'm taking a break.
You can take a break, but I still don't think they really, really started plans for FP2 until E3 2019. Plus, we don't know why it took years to get Steve in, if Nintendo's had other talks that have lasted for years, and if getting Rex would even take a fraction of the time.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just kind of need this. The Banjo v Steve debates were so heated and so toxic that even after Banjo is already in the game, Steve being revealed just pokes at barely healed scars. Like, he actually called Minecraft "the best selling game on earth". And no matter how true that is and no matter how not his fault this is, it was used as ammunition against Banjo so much that hearing it from his mouth hurt. There is not tactful way to add him to the game anymore because of how bad the fanbase wars got. And the only thing that makes it sting slightly less is the idea that he didn't want to do it and was forced. But I guess I should just be quiet about this. I'm not as mad as I was about Byleth. Partly because Banjo is already in the game. But.... sighs. Disappointed I won't be able to participate in the discussion because of it.
Not thinking its possible is not the same as not wanting.

D

Deleted member

it appears I have had my first run in with... ThE dARK SiDE of Twitter
Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 12.52.22 PM.jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you love Sakurai's attention to detail, I suggest reading this post on reddit that explain all the easter egg/details in Steve trailer.

It's pretty good stuff all around.

Oh, and before I forget, like I promised.
ezgif-7-1aeec4c2e000.gif

I've come to make a announcement, I'm going to play Minecraft in my private room, so get the **** away, no one is invited but my wife....IS WHAT I WOULD SAY IF SHE DIDN'T [REDACTED] ME FOR SHADOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
it appears I have had my first run in with... ThE dARK SiDE of Twitter
"You must never go there"

Why I hate Twitter so much. There's no sense of etiquette or dignity to some people there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Consider the fact that a lot of Steve fans have been on the receiving end of fandom hate as well. Their character's always been treated like a bad meme and there's always someone who would get ticked off the moment they get brought up in speculation because they're "ugly" or "wouldn't fit in".

The Banjo vs Steve wars were stupid and pointless to begin with anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom