• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Still feels like it rewards some very bad behavior. But whatever. It's not like the higherups at Nintendo actually know about that stuff.
Banjo fans had bad behavior towards Steve fans too, even some after Banjo's reveal. And a lot of Steve fans also liked Banjo & Kazooie or at least were indifferent. Most of the ones with "bad behavior" like you're talking about were those stupid trolls who also harassed actual Steve fans, and even then, they were all a minority.

As a Steve/Minecraft fan and Banjo-Kazooie fan, it all really ticked me off.

And as Arlo said in his latest Paper Mario video, blaming a whole fanbase is nonsense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The way people used to act. Belittling fans for even liking Banjo. Calling him irrelevant and outdated and calling anyone who wanted him instead of the funny block man an old fashioned boomer who can't except that the new thing is popular. It was straight up bullying. That's the behavior I don't want to reward. And that's the behavior that has forever ruined the idea of this franchise being added to Smash.
You know Snake.. I'm gonna be brutally honest here...

That is the dumbest thing I've heard all day. adding a character to smash =/= somehow reward people who argued against him and bullied people over people not wanting him. That's on the onus of the debaters and bullies, not ****ing Sakurai and Co to magically not add a character to the game just to "reward" people who liked x other character. That's just straight up stupid IMHO.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There’s a difference between being disappointed and coming into the boards and throwing out long paragraphs about why the funny block man is bad
That was me trying to express my opinion civilly and just try to explain my emotions. Go back and look at my posts from around Byleth if you want to see me really bad. And that's why I feel like I can't have any reaction about it other then being happy "which I'm not". I express my disappointment loudly and angrily, I get **** back. I try to express my disappointment civilly, I get **** back. There are no other options other then essentially saying "Well, I'm disappointed but I'm actually not, Minecraft is great!". That's what it feels like you want me to say.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If you wanna talk rewarding "bad behaviour" then I wonder how you feel about Mileena being added to MK11.
Because quite a vocal part of her fanbase got pretty ****ing toxic as those sort of fans tend to.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There are no other options other then essentially saying "Well, I'm disappointed but I'm actually not, Minecraft is great!". That's what it feels like you want me to say.
What you're saying is sounds more like "Well, I'm disappointed because Steve has a toxic fanbase that bullied Banjo so he doesn't deserve to be in the game".

Emphasis on the sounds more like

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Welcome to the next chapter of "hoes mad".
This is the one time I'm legally allowed to post this

Not exactly helping the situation.

I'll admit, joking about the salt can be kinda amusing initially.

But continuing to make posts like this now is just adding fuel to the fire.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember seeing someone mad at Steve, not because of Minecraft, not because of any fanbase interaction, but because they thought two Microsoft characters meant that Nintendo and Microsoft are hard-teaming up against Sony's PlayStation.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Anyway I’m just happy we have Funny Block Man now to go with Funny Skeleton Man and Funny Cup Man

Let’s get Funny Animatronic Bear Man next :yeahboi:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I remember seeing someone mad at Steve, not because of Minecraft, not because of any fanbase interaction, but because they thought two Microsoft characters meant that Nintendo and Microsoft are hard-teaming up against Sony's PlayStation.
They say that like Sony don't need a swift kick to the nuts right now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

At least it's completely different from standard Steve-hate, I guess?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What you're saying is sounds more like "Well, I'm disappointed because Steve has a toxic fanbase that bullied Banjo so he doesn't deserve to be in the game".

Emphasis on the sounds more like
That's just the chocolate syrup. The ice cream of the argument is the fact that I just never saw the appeal in Minecraft to begin with and don't really like it as a game. So I don't get the appeal of adding it to smash. Add on a few "people overhypeing it doubling my indifferene" peanuts and you get one nasty sundae.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The ice cream of the argument is the fact that I just never saw the appeal in Minecraft to begin with and don't really like it as a game. So I don't get the appeal of adding it to smash.
I mean that's fine, I'm the opposite. I think Steve being so jarring and clashing with the Smash look is cool, it makes things fresh and creates an aesthetic that will most likely ever be exclusive to him.

It's taking faithfulness to a moveset to a whole new level.

D

Deleted member

While we're on the topic of Steve, I'm curious about how his block placing gimmick is gonna work. I noticed in the trailer that the blocks degraded really quickly except for the ones steve stands on? Really interested if you can build entire mini-stages inside a stage or if the blocks just self-destruct too quickly for any casual cheezy stuff.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While we're on the topic of Steve, I'm curious about how his block placing gimmick is gonna work. I noticed in the trailer that the blocks degraded really quickly except for the ones steve stands on? Really interested if you can build entire mini-stages inside a stage or if the blocks just self-destruct too quickly for any casual cheezy stuff.
I think it'll be pretty powerful for edgeguarding. Can't have Little Mac make it over the stage when you have a giant ****ing tower of stone blocking it.

D

Deleted member

I was looking through highest game sales, and WOAH.
1601580860651.png

I did not realize Terraria was THAT huge.

Also I am doing some research. Is Minecraft more popular than LoL and GTA V, or on par with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean that's fine, I'm the opposite. I think Steve being so jarring and clashing with the Smash look is cool, it makes things fresh and creates an aesthetic that will most likely ever be exclusive to him.

It's taking faithfulness to a moveset to a whole new level.
This. Steve is one of those characters that you never can think of how they can realistically work in smash but then when you see the trailer it's like "oh. yeah. Just take what him unique and put it into Smash!"
Placing blocks? Check
Crafting? Check
Swinging a sword? check!
and it's certainly refreshing to see a unique style after all of our characters beforehand have all been pretty realistic in design, and then you have Steve just with his blocky design and cartoonish look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom