• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ah, my bad then.

When he uses his up throw on Diddy, yeah. There's one other instance of it too though I can't recall where it is.
I didn't even notice LMAO

didn't know he blinks in minecraft either. Is that bad?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I didn't even notice LMAO

didn't know he blinks in minecraft either. Is that bad?
I've played Minecraft for years and I don't think I've ever seen him blink.

Edit: Okay, he doesn't blink in-game, but he blinks in the UI.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, and I know I got excited for Steve, but if y'all really wanna see hype, watch Failboat's reaction:

For some background information: Failboat got his start on Youtube as a Minecraft Youtuber waaaay back in the game's earlier days. He also was frequently on ExplodingTNT's videos. He adores the game and it's what helped him get his channel started, and with his channel's 9th anniversary coming up, this reveal really seemed to hit home for him.
That's the kind of video I live for.

Thanks for sharing this.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Screw it I will say it out here.

FNAF is probably the only series that I would be angry by if it ever got a playable character. Mii Costume is fine. I find animatronics really freaky and creepy as hell. Few things scare me honestly and those things are one of them. Just give off a Chuck-E-Cheese meets Final Destination thing.

I can see why people enjoy the series but I really don't like it at all and you couldn't pay me to play.

Actually you know what now, here's a film idea since we are in October.
Look at Final Destination, FNAF and............Beetlejuice. Take influences of all them, make it a really freaky dark comedy/horror in an 80's film style and boom, there's a hit of a film idea perfect for Halloween. And push the PG-13 as far to the edge as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ngl, because of the video having lots of statics, I thought we were going to get a horror rep for a few seconds.

Then Minecraft came in like, "ayyyyy lmao".
I knew It was Minecraft the moment Mario entered the cave because I noticed the blocky structures in the hole.

The squared eyes in the dark made It even more obvious for me.

If Five Nights At Freddy's get represented in Smash in any way, shape, or form, I will eat a wet sock.
I would love a Springtrap Mii costume to go with my Purple Guy/William Afton Mii, ngl.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
all these rumors of MCU Spider-Man 3/Spider-Man Homeo & Juliet are getting ****ing crazy
  • Jamie Foxx back as Electro
  • Kraven as the main villain
  • Connections to the SMU
  • More John Jonah Jameson Jr
  • ****ING LIVE ACTION SPIDER-VERSE
Phase 4 is gonna be ****ing wild

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I've played Minecraft for years and I don't think I've ever seen him blink.

Edit: Okay, he doesn't blink in-game, but he blinks in the UI.
He blinks ingame too, but only in Bedrock Edition. You won't really notice it unless you wait a moment while in front-view 3rd-person, or unless you catch the "paper doll" (the mini-character that pops up when you're doing certain things) doing it while you're sneaking or something.

D

Deleted member

Ngl, because of the video having lots of statics, I thought we were going to get a horror rep for a few seconds.

Then Minecraft Steve came in like, "ayyyyy lmao".
Wistful thinking I know, but until I heard the Minecraft SFX, I thought for sure Mario has landed in Dark Zone and maybe Scharhrot Vampir woulda popped outta the darkness?(fitting considering Dark Irregular's keyword is Darkness) but Steve is still cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's going to peeve me if the new character section is just gonna be called Steve. Hope they change it to be like on the smashbros website.

D

Deleted member

I do wonder what Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and SneakyLink SneakyLink thought about the final Smash.

I like how It turned out, although I was kinda hoping they would involve the Ender Dragon on it somehow.

At least It will potentially be part of the Spirit board. Probably a Ridley opponent.
I love how the final smash is just a huge cutscene of the player hit getting blown up by creepers....
And then you have steve just casually munching on a steak at the end. Reminds me of SFM era ****posts ngl.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I do wonder what Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and SneakyLink SneakyLink thought about the final Smash.

I like how It turned out, although I was kinda hoping they would involve the Ender Dragon on it somehow.

At least It will potentially be part of the Spirit board. Probably a Ridley opponent.
Yeah, probably a spirit.

I could totally see Steve's Classic mode referencing Ender Dragon with a final fight against Rathalos, too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Yeah, I thought it would be the Ender Dragon, but I think I much prefer this

Love how Steve just chows down on the steak at the end lol

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So three more thoughts about Minecraft now.

1. I just realised that what the trailers name meant. "A New Seed" like new world seed. That was clever and I feel stupid not to realise it until now.

2. It's been overdue we got a new "randomiser stage" like Mario Maker and Minecraft is so perfect for it for obvious reasons. And this is going to be a situation where I am going to be spending more time playing with the stage than character without a doubt.

3. The Sakurai Presents being a few days after the reveal (and right before Minecraft Live) makes me wonder if that was part of the deal between the Big N and Mojang/Microsoft. Just seems a bit unusual.

Dutch Raikuna

View attachment 287866
“I knew I shouldn’t have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.”
Steve: "What continent is this?"

One of the roster: "You're in Smash!"

Steve: "Ender Dragon! I'm not at my base!"

Edit: ****, double post. Tried not to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom