• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

woah when the **** did you nuke your account
It happened a good while ago.

Things weren't going well and I felt I had to close myself from many online places before I got worse.

Decided to make a new account after the great news about Steve, but I don't plan to be as frequent as I used to be due to college.

D

Deleted member

Oh, It is going well!

With my ADHD It can be hard to focus at times in online classes, but all my Partners have been very helpful with any kind of support I needed and I have been having a good time understanding everything in the classes.

Already a better start than my high school days.
Glad to know it is all going well!

I have been working hard in school as well. In June, I will be done with highschool.

Life flies fast, huh? I wish you the best on college.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and SneakyLink SneakyLink already know my thoughts about the news as I did PMd them on Discord earlier today when the news broke, but It should be fine to share my thoughts here for everyone else.

So I didn't play much of Minecraft when I was younger (not because I hated the game but rather because I was scared of the in-game spiders), but I always admired and appreciated the game for the amount of freedom and options It gives to the player.
And yeah I always thought all that stuff had potential for Smash, be it with fighters or stages.

I am really excited to play as Steve (or specifically the Enderman, whose Smash 3D model I find funny for the short legs), and the stage looks as hype as I always imagined It to be.

Here's hoping they make Steve playable the same day as the Sakurai Presents (October 3rd).

D

Deleted member

Anybody know what the music playing during Steve’s reveal trailer is, by the way? I can‘t seem to pinpoint which track that’s a remix of.
Sounds like a new composition or a remix of multiple. Don't think there's any track in Minecraft that matches the same beat. Most of it is mellow looping tracks while this is something different.

edit: yeah could be from Minecraft Dungeons. never played that game so no clue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well was gonna post it at some-point but I'll say it now the Smash stuff has died down a bit. Felt here was better than Discord.

I could be getting work experience next week for a month. Not in a library like I wished but it's another alley I wanted to go down and it's right kinda thing for me to get motivated and in a work mind again. Gonna be helping out at an IT company and it's in the office which is exactly I wanted. No at home freaking out with my siblings around.

Still hope of teaching or library assistant but that's for another year.

I can’t wait for the fanart...
Damn dude, your new pfp is gonna take some time getting used to.

They say that like Sony don't need a swift kick to the nuts right now.
They getting greedy and if it wasn't for FFXVI or God of War I'd jump ship.

Just 2 days in college and I'm already liked by everyone in my class.

Quite an upgrade.

Also really hyped for October 3rd.
Good to see you back. Hope you're on cleaner tracks now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Damn dude, your new pfp is gonna take some time getting used to.
Reminds me I need to find a better halloween avi pic. Egorg is cool but doesn't really give the halloween vibe I want. Might just have to use the pic I drew for myself(even though it looks like **** already when compared to what I've recently drawn lol)

D

Deleted member

Was thinking of getting a second Switch for Smash Ultimate modding, but turns out custom stages aren't a thing yet. Guess I'll stick to Brawl/PM for the time being. Well, money saved.

Though having a Futaba costume for Inkling sure is tempting.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Feeling either regular steve, kilt Steve, or zombie at the moment tbh
Yeah, Zombie is pretty cool looking, actually. I could see myself using it off and on.

What is the blue Alex one of, if anyone knows? I've seen Kilt Steve, but I've never seen that blue skin for Alex before.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, this happens every reveal, there's always gonna be people who get too salty. So I'll try not to give Steve fans any slack since I've been there with my ***** Terry last pass. The character makes sense, but I'm not exactly hyped to play him or anything. It's one think to be disappointed, but try not to be a ******* to people about it. Unless they're ******** to you too.

We still have 4 whole ass characters to look forward to as well. I already like Min-Min, so maybe a few of the other 4 will also be up my alley. I'll keep shillin' the same characters as always, likely or not.

@JDCabrera What's good?!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, and in other news, Jamie Foxx gets a salty runback as Electro in the next MCU Spider-Man film. I wonder if he'll be the same version as the ASM series. Otherwise, it seems a little weird to re-cast him in that role when his version wasn't seen as iconic as J.K Simmons' J. Jonah Jameson.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Steve is looking like a character I goof around with for a few da ys then never pick up again. I'm not really a Minecraft fan and I tend to prefer more fundamentals based characters anyway. That's fine though, I'm already happy with my current main and pocket characters anyway.

I like how much they embraced the wackiness of Steve in Smash. Rather then trying to force him to "fit in" with the rest of the cast and failing they just went full Mr.G&W with him and used his differences as a source of humor. Smash is a silly game with a silly premise and silly mechanics. Characters like Steve are a good reminder not to take it too seriously.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You know, I find it amusing that LEGO Dimensions was the crossover game that kept my attention between Smash 4 and Ultimate and one of the franchises I had for a potential Year 3 of that game was Minecraft, even had the packs planned out for that and everything. So I get this could be retribution?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh, and I know I got excited for Steve, but if y'all really wanna see hype, watch Failboat's reaction:

For some background information: Failboat got his start on Youtube as a Minecraft Youtuber waaaay back in the game's earlier days. He also was frequently on ExplodingTNT's videos. He adores the game and it's what helped him get his channel started, and with his channel's 9th anniversary coming up, this reveal really seemed to hit home for him.

D

Deleted member

Oh, and in other news, Jamie Foxx gets a salty runback as Electro in the next MCU Spider-Man film. I wonder if he'll be the same version as the ASM series. Otherwise, it seems a little weird to re-cast him in that role when his version wasn't seen as iconic as J.K Simmons' J. Jonah Jameson.
You know someone has to post this when talking about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom