• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"You must never go there"

Why I hate Twitter so much. There's no sense of etiquette or dignity to some people there.
Yeah. People just immediately jumped to anger the moment I even mentioned anime. I even got some people saying how "I'm one of those people who wants goku in smash" when I literally said the opposite. lol not doing that again for a loooonnggg time.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah. People just immediately jumped to anger the moment I even mentioned anime. I even got some people saying how "I'm one of those people who wants goku in smash" when I literally said the opposite. lol not doing that again for a loooonnggg time.
Tried going into the political side a few years back and that was far worse.

Some people really shouldn't be using the Internet if all they are doing is to be mean to people. It's not some super-duper anonymity place. Some people could easily track you with a bit of effort.

D

Deleted member

The Ultimate T-Bag.

:ultkingdedede:: Finally, a worthy opponent, OUR BATTLES WILL BE LEGENDARY!!
Honestly if I didn't know Steve was in Smash this looks and feels like it could be straight from those minecraft videos where it's just vanilla minecraft with some editing slapped on to tell a story. Sakurai and Co really did Steve justice in his animations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly if I didn't know Steve was in Smash this looks and feels like it could be straight from those minecraft videos where it's just vanilla minecraft with some editing slapped on to tell a story. Sakurai and Co really did Steve justice in his animations.
Steve Final Smash look like a ****post someone made on SFM, and it's glorious.

Being honest, Steve was always one of those few characters I wasn't that excited long ago, since I couldn't see him work or fit in Smash, but the more I look at him, the more he feel just....right?

Like he look so wrong & out of place, to the point that it turn right around into making him fit the world of Smash in a sense lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, tell me folks:

Which characters ,beside Banjo, are peoples going to put with Minecraft Steve in fanart?
Not Steve, But I hope fanartists draw Zombie and Enderman being friends with Piranha Plant.

Three generic mooks, just chilling out.

Also, no one is allowed to use "generic mook" or "hat goomba" as arguments against this guy ever again.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Don't give up my friend. Four spots left! And yeah I feel the same.
You can take a break, but I still don't think they really, really started plans for FP2 until E3 2019. Plus, we don't know why it took years to get Steve in, if Nintendo's had other talks that have lasted for years, and if getting Rex would even take a fraction of the time.
Yeah, I guess it isn't completely hopeless yet.

D

Deleted member

Steve Final Smash look like a ****post made on SFM, and it's glorious.
Steve's final smash is really up there with the rest of the FS, easily my favorite.
B33ED678-92BD-4BAC-A8D1-595F57B45100.gif

Love how at the end Steve just casually appears in frame and munch's on a steak LMAO

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just kind of need this. The Banjo v Steve debates were so heated and so toxic that even after Banjo is already in the game, Steve being revealed just pokes at barely healed scars. Like, he actually called Minecraft "the best selling game on earth". And no matter how true that is and no matter how not his fault this is, it was used as ammunition against Banjo so much that hearing it from his mouth hurt. There is not tactful way to add him to the game anymore because of how bad the fanbase wars got. And the only thing that makes it sting slightly less is the idea that he didn't want to do it and was forced. But I guess I should just be quiet about this. I'm not as mad as I was about Byleth. Partly because Banjo is already in the game. But.... sighs. Disappointed I won't be able to participate in the discussion because of it.
If Banjo and Kazooie had been revealed after Steve, would their reveal also poke at "barely healed scars"?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, my favorite part about the Steve reveal was just how out of the left field it was. No leaks or anything, at least I didn't stumble over any. Nintendo really cracked down on Smash leaks it seems. I think the last one was Terry and even then it was a borderline case where we knew someone from SNK was coming, but not who.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly, my favorite part about the Steve reveal was just how out of the left field it was. No leaks or anything, at least I didn't stumble over any. Nintendo really cracked down on Smash leaks it seems. I think the last one was Terry and even then it was a borderline case where we knew someone from SNK was coming, but not who.
Zhuge and a reddit guy that leaked Monster Hunter Rise both said Steve was in about 15 minutes beforehand.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just kind of need this.
Twisting the narrative of others for your personal viewpoint is what you need?

Like, he actually called Minecraft "the best selling game on earth". And no matter how true that is and no matter how not his fault this is, it was used as ammunition against Banjo so much that hearing it from his mouth hurt.
What the **** are you talking about?

And the only thing that makes it sting slightly less is the idea that he didn't want to do it and was forced.
1. Nintendo chooses and he definitely quoted a question, meaning they asked if he could, not that he will
2. It's his ****ing job.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve's final smash rocks, he looks so cool during it, like he's about to seriously woop some butt, and then he slams the piston down and BOOM!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just kind of need this. The Banjo v Steve debates were so heated and so toxic that even after Banjo is already in the game, Steve being revealed just pokes at barely healed scars. Like, he actually called Minecraft "the best selling game on earth". And no matter how true that is and no matter how not his fault this is, it was used as ammunition against Banjo so much that hearing it from his mouth hurt. There is not tactful way to add him to the game anymore because of how bad the fanbase wars got. And the only thing that makes it sting slightly less is the idea that he didn't want to do it and was forced. But I guess I should just be quiet about this. I'm not as mad as I was about Byleth. Partly because Banjo is already in the game. But.... sighs. Disappointed I won't be able to participate in the discussion because of it.
I dunno about you, but Steve getting added in means nothing about Banjo v Steve. If anything it means that both sides got what they wanted yes? Certainly better than only having one or none of them. Even then I find the idea of character v character debates stupid in the first place. If Sakurai or Nintendo wants a specific character(going by Sakurai's comment it was Nintendo's choice this time) they'll try to get it. If not.. well what else can they do? The fanbase has nothing to with that process, and frankly debating over 2 seperate characters chances is overall pointless.

Also, where are you getting the idea that Sakurai didn't want to do Steve? He was forced to sure, and he had to redesign every single stage in the game(so around 100+) just to make Steve's gimmick work, but A) that's his job and B) nothing he directly said seemed to say anything about him hating it. If anything, I think it's the inverse. But I don't have any definite proof either way ¯\(ツ)/¯ unless that one twitter account that people called fake was actually Sakurai. just don't think he straight up hated working on it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Twisting the narrative of others for your personal viewpoint is what you need?

What the **** are you talking about?

1. Nintendo chooses and he definitely quoted a question, meaning they asked if he could, not that he will
2. It's his ****ing job.
Oh my god! I'm just trying to civilly express my disappointment! I guess I shouldn't have shared that tweet. I admit that. But this response is unwarranted. I am allowed to be disappointed. And i am allowed to express that disappointment. So please, do not talk to me like this. Because that WILL make me angry. And I don't want to be angry.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god! I'm just trying to civilly express my disappointment! I guess I shouldn't have shared that tweet. I admit that. But this response is unwarranted. I am allowed to be disappointed. And i am allowed to express that disappointment. So please, do not talk to me like this. Because that WILL make me angry. And I don't want to be angry.
I mean you can have an opinion and all, but it feels like your letting your disdain for Steve cloud your thinking. It took me a while reading your paragraph before I was able to even understand what you were talking about.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
bro it’s a video game it’s not the end of the world

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I talk to you like this because I genuinely have no ****ing idea what you're going on about. I can understand disappointment, but whatever you're going through is not disappointment.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I dunno about you, but Steve getting added in means nothing about Banjo v Steve. If anything it means that both sides got what they wanted yes? Certainly better than only having one or none of them. Even then I find the idea of character v character debates stupid in the first place. If Sakurai or Nintendo wants a specific character(going by Sakurai's comment it was Nintendo's choice this time) they'll try to get it. If not.. well what else can they do? The fanbase has nothing to with that process, and frankly debating over 2 seperate characters chances is overall pointless.

Also, where are you getting the idea that Sakurai didn't want to do Steve? He was forced to sure, and he had to redesign every single stage in the game(so around 100+) just to make Steve's gimmick work, but A) that's his job and B) nothing he directly said seemed to say anything about him hating it. If anything, I think it's the inverse. But I don't have any definite proof either way ¯\(ツ)/¯ unless that one twitter account that people called fake was actually Sakurai. just don't think he straight up hated working on it.
Still feels like it rewards some very bad behavior. But whatever. It's not like the higherups at Nintendo actually know about that stuff.

D

Deleted member

Still feels like it rewards some very bad behavior. But whatever. It's not like the higherups at Nintendo actually know about that stuff.
what the hell is "bad behavior" supposed to mean?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I talk to you like this because I genuinely have no ****ing idea what you're going on about. I can understand disappointment, but whatever you're going through is not disappointment.
Well, I guess that what happens when you're dancing around your own feelings to try to be civil and not start a huge fight on the internet. I can't use the actual words I want or the actual feelings I have without starting a fight. Because everyone knows in the Super Smash Bros Community, the only reaction that's allowed is being 100% enthusiastic and happy. Anything else and you're just a whiny entitled prick. So this is what you get. If I don't want to start a fight and try to be civil, I guess I have to be confusing.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Steve, huh? At first I was pretty irritated but he's slowing warming up to me.

But man, the animations and artstyle clashes so hard in this game.
Pretty much my reaction for it but I'm warming up to it.

Well, I guess that what happens when you're dancing around your own feelings to try to be civil and not start a huge fight on the internet. I can't use the actual words I want or the actual feelings I have without starting a fight. Because everyone knows in the Super Smash Bros Community, the only reaction that's allowed is being 100% enthusiastic and happy. Anything else and you're just a whiny entitled prick. So this is what you get. If I don't want to start a fight and try to be civil, I guess I have to be confusing.
There is a way to but you gotta learn it. Yes I'm a bit disappointed that Steve got into Smash but I look at the good as well.

At the end of the day it is just a character in a video game. So let's make the most of it if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That doesn't answer my question at all, you're just going deeper into a spiral. And I'm gonna step out of it before I get too lost.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can't we all just accept funny block man and realize that ******** about it isn't going to change a thing?
Can't we all just accept that people are allowed to be disappointed and that they're allowed to express that?
what the hell is "bad behavior" supposed to mean?
The way people used to act. Belittling fans for even liking Banjo. Calling him irrelevant and outdated and calling anyone who wanted him instead of the funny block man an old fashioned boomer who can't except that the new thing is popular. It was straight up bullying. That's the behavior I don't want to reward. And that's the behavior that has forever ruined the idea of this franchise being added to Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do you next next patch, Sonic's F-Smash has a chance of sending you to Minecraft if it KOs?

Can't we all just accept that people are allowed to be disappointed and that they're allowed to express that?
Your "disappointment" isn't even about Steve himself, you're blaming toxic fanbases, which every franchise has.

You don't seem disappointed, you seem livid.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As far as I'm concerned, you're allowed to express disappointment as long as you don't don't insult or harass people over it.

Likewise there's nothing wrong with expressing excitement for the character so long as you don't go rubbing it in the faces of people who are being perfectly civil about their disappointment.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The way people used to act. Belittling fans for even liking Banjo. Calling him irrelevant and outdated and calling anyone who wanted him instead of the funny block man an old fashioned boomer who can't except that the new thing is popular. It was straight up bullying. That's the behavior I don't want to reward. And that's the behavior that has forever ruined the idea of this franchise being added to Smash.
You say this like Banjo fans didn't also consist of complete assholes including stalkers and people throwing around slurs and intentionally misgendering others.

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, that's not exclusive to Banjo or Steve, that literally has happened to pretty much every newcomer that's been added. Hell, how do you think Fire Emblem fans feel when people hate how many characters they have?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

There’s a difference between being disappointed and coming into the boards and throwing out long paragraphs about why the funny block man is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom